[M] To MikoTaeTae

BTS Secret Santa 2015 [All Ratings & Slash Only]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rating: M 
Pairing: Vkook
Prompt: After confessing to his boss Jungkook, Taehyung can't face him. Taehyung wants to hand in his resignation because there is no way that his boss could like him back, after all, Taehyung is a commoner, while Jungkook is a big CEO who could have anyone he wants.

The sun pouring over my head is dazzlingly bright, and, if my slumped body is any indication, the despair rolling through my head at the moment is terribly and uncomfortably obvious.

            Like every other Monday that ever existed, this one is no different.

            Torturous, long, and just plain disastrous.

            However, this Monday jumps to the top of my list of “Disastrous Days in Kim Taeyhung’s Life” thank you very much because, to be honest, I, Kim Taeyhung, have ultimately, royally, superbly and, just amazingly, ed up.

            But I can’t blame it all on myself. If anything, I can blame 2% on the hot piece of that is my stupid boss Jeon Jungkook. Stupid Jeon Jungkook with his beautiful raven hair and those piercing, intense dark eyes. Stupid Jeon Jungkook with that aura of a king and that strong gaze when he looks into the distance. Stupid, sensual lips that he bites unconsciously whenever he’s deep in thought. And with a mind as disturbingly dirty as mine, he was doing nothing to help my ed up imagination clean itself up.

            Yeah, I can blame about 1000% on me and my stupidity. But, I can, for sure, blame the rest on the beautiful monster that is Jeon Jungkook.

            I feel a pat on my back as Jimin, my longtime friend and coworker, hands me a cup of his promised vanilla latte and sits next to me.

            “Cheer up, Tae,” he says as he takes a sip of his own cup, watching as a pair of children run around the sidewalk. “At least you didn’t confess on a weekday. You had all the weekend to think about things...” He straightens up in sudden realization. “You’ve been avoiding him all day today, haven’t you?”

            I grunt in response as my face begins to warm up in embarrassment.

            If I hadn’t seriously considered turning in my resignation then, I was now. This was definitely not the way in which to deal with personal problems, especially if they had to do with my boss.

            Beside me, Jimin sighs and shakes his head.

            “Ah, Tae. The problem isn’t just going to disappear, you know? I mean, come on—you guys work in the same place, and he’s your boss, for goodness sake.”

            The cup over my lap feels slightly heavier as a sinking feeling buries itself in my stomach.

            “I know, Jimin. I know,” I sigh, lifting my head up a bit to look into the distance. The children from before were now deep in argument as they threw around dirt and grass at each other.  “This might sound a little stupid but—I mean, come on. The guy walks on the high end of the Earth. He’s not going to look down at those that walk beneath him.”

            Jimin slaps his hand over his face and just sighs. When he finally decides to look up, his nose is scrunched up in annoyance.

            “Look, Tae—I trust you. I do. And if some decides to just push you aside and ignore you, that’s his loss. You’re worth a lot more than what you think.”

            With that, Jimin pushes himself up and walks away, but not before throwing me a wink.

            “Besides, if he doesn’t want a piece of that , then I do,” he yells before disappearing into our company entrance. I chuckle to myself, relieving a bit of the anxiety that was bothering me all day. Taking one last sip of my coffee, I head back inside again.

            Once I’m inside the elevator, I double check the time and punch the button heading to the top floor, letting out a deep, shaky breath.

            I’m going to be fine, I convince myself as the elevator doors ding and they open.

As I glance upwards, my eyes meet a pair of dark, deep eyes outlined with long, thick lashes. Set forward intensely, they seem to almost yearn to burn me down and smother me into pieces.

            Feeling a knot building at the back of my throat, I straighten up and jump out of my stupor, settling on my signature blank expression. I bow quickly and brush past him with a “Good morning, sir. Excuse me.”

            Within a moment of sudden surprise, a strong, steely hold on my arm stops me on my tracks.

            If the expressions on his advisors faces are anything to go by, his movements are as much as a surprise to them as they are to me.

            Pulling me forward, his lips lightly graze my ear as his hot breath causes electric shivers to creep up my spine.

            “Stop escaping me, Kim Taehyung,” his silky voice whispers as a smirk decorates his lips. “See me in my office in ten minutes.”

    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter