2

Will You Follow Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After dropping off BamBam off at his dorm, you headed home. You unlocked the front door and walked through and you saw your two younger cousins Naeun and Jungkook lounging around in the living room, each sprawled out on their own couches with their legs kicked up on the armrests.

 

"Hi unnie, did you just come home from work?" Naeun asked as she looked up from her phone. Naeun was the maknae of the house. You would think that you’d all be overprotective of her, not because she was the youngest, but because she was beautiful. She had long brown wavy hair that reached to her waist, big almond eyes, a small cute nose, completed by an innocent smile. Anytime she’d walk out the door and in public, boys would always stare. Some whistle and or tried to call out to her, but as pretty as she was, her words were venomous. She was never afraid to spit words back in disgust. Most of the time the boys would be so shocked that such vulgar words could come out of the mouth of such a beautiful girl. However, if you’re on her good side, she’s the sweetest angel. So all of us, including the elders, tries to stay on her good side.

 

"No, I had the day off today. I went on a run with BamBam and then we had dinner at some new place." You replied. Jinyoung’s smile flashed in your mind for a second, you quickly shook that image out of your mind.

 

"What are you guys doing?" you asked plopping down on the ground and looked up at them.

 

"We're so bored. We're trying to find something to do. We'll probably go get some boba or something. Do you wanna come nuna?" Jungkook asked, not even looking up from his phone. Typical. Kookie, the second maknae who acted too cool for his hyungs and nunas. Just like Naeun, Kookie was undeniably good looking. He was tall and well built. He carried himself with a certain swagger and a smile that could kill any poor girl in the line of fire. The only difference between him and Naeun was that he embraced the stares and squeals. He would smirk and wink at every single one of his admirers. Sometimes you just wanted to jump up and smack him on the back of the head to humble him up, but you let him enjoy it while he could because you truly believe that one day he’ll find a girl that would do that, if it’s not his head, it’ll be his heart.

 

"No you guys go ahead I'm gonna wash up and get ready for bed. I have to get up early tomorrow."

 

You make your way through the house towards your room that you shared with your brother. You could hear your aunts and uncles out in the backyard drinking, laughing and chatting the night away like they usually do every night. Not only that, but you could also hear almost every TV in the house on; all the different shows, commercials, and movies colliding in a mosaic mix of sounds. That was your home. You lived with 2 aunts, 4 uncles, grandparents, 5 cousins and your brother and of course not to mention, other family members who filtered in and out of the house throughout the day. That was your chaotic home. Your parents? Well, they divorced when your were 16 and they started their own new lives with their new family. You and your brother didn't want to be a burden to them so you both decided to move out and moved in with your aunt and uncle. Your aunt and uncle were the type of people who would help everyone and anyone in need. Even if people didn’t ask, they would be the first to reach out and offer a helping hand. Hence, they took you two in, not for free, but definitely for cheap. In any case, you and your brother were grateful for their help and you two didn’t mind sharing a room and splitting the rent since you both were still students.  It’s not like you didn’t talk to your parents, you guys actually talked to them pretty often. They both wouldn't mind if you both moved back in with either of them, but what they call "home" isn’t “home” to you two anymore. Of course, how you're living now was not an ideal living situation, but hey! It’s a roof over your head and although your extended family is crazy and ridiculous, they’re also funny, loving and supportive. You couldn't ask for more.

 

You turned the door knob to your room, "Halt! Who goes there?!" Yelled your older brother Jackson. You rolled your eyes, sometimes you questioned who the older one between the two of you was. He was in his usual black tank top, black basketball shorts and wearing his black snapback. He’s also seated in his usual spot: in front of the computer.

 

"Bruh, can you clean up a bit?" You stared and nodded at the pile of clothes on top of his bed.

 

He pouted, "I get lonely at night, so I like to hug my clothes and pretend it's my girlfriend."

 

You gave him another eye roll and a sigh. You walked over to him and patted him on the shoulders "One day Oppa, one day!" you said full of sarcasm then with one fist lifted. “FIGHTING!”

 

He shook your hand off his shoulder, "Get off me!"

 

You let out a loud and obnoxious laugh as you grabbed your PJs and left the room to the bathroom.

 

After you showered, you didn’t realize how tired you were, but as soon as you laid down on your futon, you were out cold.

 

 

You woke up early the next morning and as you stretched out, you looked over to you brother on his bed and indeed he was cuddled up with his “girlfriend.” You shook your head and laughed. It’s completely odd to think that you two hated each other so much during your teenage years. Now you truly considered him as one of your best friend because you both have grown so much closer ever since you two moved out of your parents’ home. You went over and picked up his blanket that had fallen on the ground and laid it back on him and his “girlfriend” and turned and walked out the room to get ready for the day.

 

Today was going to be different. Today, you ditched your usual black leather and boots and instead, you put on your favorite Totoro T-shirt, your most comfiest jeans, and your classic Chuck Taylors. You usually left your hair down but today, you tied it in a ponytail.

 

Today was going to be a great day! Why? Because it’s your last day off before you had to go back to work tomorrow and so you decided to spend it at your secret sanctuary. Your secluded paradise. A place that was a whole different world from this world. Where no one, absolutely no one could reach you. You’ve been so busy that you haven’t been there in such a long time, you missed it so much, that you decided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter