28

Will You Follow Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

---

You woke from the sound of the front door closing. You looked over at the clock and saw it was 2:37AM. At least he was home earlier than usual. You heard heavy, but careful steps coming up the stairs. You barely saw him those days. He was so busy with school and work, and any spare time he had, he would head straight to his parent’s house where Chorong was now living at. Jinyoung and his family took turn taking care of her and Sarang. The only time you saw him were in the mornings and even so, it was always a hurried kiss and out the door he ran.

Your back was to him, when you felt the bed dipped as he laid down. You waited a bit, but in the end your heart slipped in disappointment when he didn’t kiss you like he used to...again.

You rolled over only to be faced with his withered back. You let out a sigh and he must’ve of heard. He turned his head slightly, where you could only see the shadow of his profile in the dark.
 

“Sorry, did I wake you?” He said in a low exhausted voice.

“It’s OK. At least you came home.” You whispered.

You must’ve strung a chord because the rest of his body turned, his voice instantly turned to stone, “What is that suppose to mean?”

You were taken back by his defensiveness and hostility, which caused you to become agitated having to keep your loneliness, jealousy, and fear inside.You sat up and looked down at him and even in the darkness you could see his brows creased in offense.

“I meant what I said. ‘At least you came home,’ because sometimes you DON’T come home.”

He threw the blanket off and stood up. “I’m sorry that I have to do, and don’t sit around at home all day like you do.”

A part of your heart chipped and he must of you saw in it in your face but he ran his hand through his hair. “You know what...” He took a breath and a hard swallow, “There’s just too much going on in my life right now.” He paused. “I think we need a break.” His words took you by surprise. For a few moments, those words didn’t register in your mind. 

“What?” You blinked. “No.” As if, saying No would rewind those words and put it back into his mouth.

He breathed heavily, “I don’t want to keep you waiting around and I especially don’t want to take out my stress on you.”

“No.” You said again, shaking your head. You stood up to look him in the eyes. “There’s no break for us. This isn’t even break-worthy.”

You stepped closer to him and looked up at him as if those words never slipped out his mouth and took his hands in yours. He tensed up, but he didn’t resist or pull away and that made you even more confident that what he didn’t mean what he said.

“Babe, when I was little, my parents were the definition of love. I wanted a love exactly like my parents. but when their love disappeared, so did my want for it. I thought, why go through the trouble of falling in love when I'm just going to fall out of it eventually? We were so happy as a little family. Then one day, they were filled with anger, hate and hurt. At that time, I had no idea why. I was a kid who was too scared and frightened to ask any questions. I didn’t want to make it worst by speaking up. Still to this day, we don’t speak about it.”

Depressing memories of the past filled your mind. “I just found out…” you let out a small bitter laugh, “It was my dad who had an affair. It was him and another woman who broke our family.”

TOP’s kiss suddenly flashed in your mind and your chest panged in guilt.

You looked him in the eyes, “You know I would never do that to you, right? Because I know you wouldn’t do that to me.”

He stayed quiet as if he was trying to come up with another way to convince the both of you. You wrapped your arms around his waist and rest your head on his chest and felt his quick heartbeat. Before he could convince himself anymore, you needed to convince him. 

“Before you came along, all I cared about was myself and what I wanted. Now, all I want is to share my future with you and Sarang.” Suddenly it hit you as words from you heart spilled out. Not only did you wanted to spend your life with this man, you wanted to have his kids. Some people want their kids to take certain traits from their partner, but with you, you wouldn’t mind if your kids were clones of Jinyoung; looks, personality, habits and all. "Maybe, who knows, even have more mini yous running around.” You bit your lip at the cute thought of Jinyoung juniors smiling up at you with mini lines under their eyes just like their dad. “I've never wanted more, until I met you.”

He stepped back and pulled away from you. He held you out at arm's’ length. His face eyebrows knitted together. A panic thought crossed your mind. Maybe he didn’t even feel the same way about you to even think that far ahead.

“Tell me you didn’t just quote 50 shades.” The corner of his lips started to twitch up as he was trying his hardest to hide his amuse.

“Babe, now I definitely know we’re meant to be. You’re probably the only other person in the universe who would even know that was from 50 shades.”

Then he closed his eyes, "Babe," and let out a forfeited sigh, "We don’t know if Chorong will get better or not. I just need you to really understand that I’m responsible for her because she is Sarang’s mom.”

“If I was bothered by her, I would’ve stayed away the day I found out you had a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter