15

Will You Follow Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

With the last swipe of your MAC Taupe lipstick and then a smack of your ips, you were nervously and giddily ready for your date. You can’t even remember who and when your last date was, because it’s been that long. The blurred image of Minho, no Jonghyun! Yup! His name was Jonghyun…. you think he had spiky hair… or was it slicked back? Wait… maybe he had a hat on… nevermind, point being... that’s how long ago it was.

*Ding*

The alert made your heart skip.

You picked up your phone to read the message.

I’ll be there in 5 minutes.

A smile slid on your face.

After checking your appearance for the last time, you left your room to head to the front door to grab your shoes. Your face froze and terror filled your mind as you saw all our cousins and brother lounging around in the front living room. They were sprawled out on the couches and floor just chatting and watching TV.

They never did this…

Never.

Usually everyone’s out or in their own little caves unless there’s a special reason or food.

There was no food on the table, meaning there’s no special reason.

You shriveled up inside knowing exactly what’s going to happen.

 

“Where are you going?” Seokjin was the first to look up and asked.

“Out.” You blurted quickly.

He cocked an eyebrow, “Where?” He asked more suspiciously.

“Places?” You answered, but it came out like a question.

You noticed everyone craned their neck to look at you because of your responses.

Damn it, you should’ve made something up, but you really didn’t expect to see anyone before your date.

“Who are you going with?” Jungkook sat up with a smirk.

“A friend….”

God…. These questions were killing you. How will you make it out alive?!

“Who?!”  Jackson shot up from his seat and pointed his finger at you with force.

“Are you going out with TOP?!” Naeun squealed with hopeful excitement.

Everyone widen their eyes at the possibility after hearing that TOP had carried you out at the Merger Party incident.

However, just hearing his name, your intestines felt a slight burn.

“No.” You said bitterly.

The doorbell rang.

Everyone whipped their heads towards the door, but Yoongi was quick. He jumped up and raced to the door.

Noooooo! You inwardly screamed.

 

“Oooooohhhh…. Hey Jinyoungggg.” Yoongi purposely dragged out his name.

Everyone looked from Jinyoung to you with a grin stapled to their face. The grin like back in middle school when you secretly told your friends who your crush was and when your crush walked by, all of a sudden, all your friends looked like the Joker. That grin.

“Hey everyone.” Jinyoung waved a half circle standing at the door.

“Where are you guys going?” Seokjin asked excitedly, knowing Jinyoung would probably answer.

Jinyoung paused for a moment when his eyes wandered over to you. For a second, you two locked eyes in silence as if no one was around and he gave you the fluffiest smile.

His smile grew even wider when he returned his attention back to the rest of your family

Jinyoung placed his index finger to his lips as his eyebrows raised teasingly, “It’s a secret.”

“OooOoOoOHhhhhh!!!” Everyone exploded together as some kicked their legs in the air and others hopped up and down.

You couldn’t help but let out a little laugh as your cheeks pinked.

“Let’s go.” You walked out the door before another word could come out of anyone. You grabbed Jinyoung’s arm and dragged him out on the way.

“Bye!” Jinyoung laughed and waved to everyone.

“Bring her back before midnight or she’ll turn into a pumpkin!” Jackson shrieked out and everyone laughed along with his hyena laugh.

 

---

“For two please.” Jinyoung told the cashier at desk.

Sounds of people laughing and screaming mixed with guns firing and cars racing filled the arcade.

“Since it’s only you two, you’ll have to join another team. Is that ok?” The cashier asked.

Jinyoung looks over at you for an OK.

“That’s fine.” You smiled at him.

You two followed another worker into a dim room. You see 8 other people seated on the benches already suited up with a bulky plastic black vest that had a neon rectangle on it. Half of the group had red lit rectangles and the other had green.

Two workers came up to you both and each person strapped on the vest that was attached with a big plastic gun onto your body.

Your vest lit up green, but Jinyoung’s lit up red.

“You’re going down.” You pointed your gun at him as a competitive smirk crept up your face.

“May the odds be ever in your favor.” Jinyoung said with the same smirk.

 

Your team was allowed to enter into the arena first. It was completely black but parts of the pillars and partition walls glowed with bright neons greens and red galactic designs. The bordering walls were speckled with white galaxy stars.

Once in the heart of the room, everyone nodded to each other before dispersing separately into their own hiding spots as planned.

You walked around until you found the perfect hiding place. You wedged yourself in and crouched down in between a corner behind a giant pillar. The pillar was wide enough for you to spy around and there was enough space for you to run out quickly if needed too.

Your body jumped when you were startled from the speakers blaring indicating the other team being let in.

Your heart raced as you heard the different rhythm of footsteps flooding through.

Soon after you heard the lasers being shot and people grunting while others snickered around you.

You peeked around the pillar that you hid behind and saw a boy with blond hair standing next to a brown haired boy and their vest lit with the red neon lights standing over one of your teammate.

You lifted your gun and aimed.

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Their armors blinked and vibrated as they froze in place. They looked around in search of their assailant, but you quickly hid back behind the pillar.

You debated if you should find another spot to hide or stay in your spot; it was such a good spot that you’re sure no one would find you.

Ugh, but it! Being safe wouldn’t be fun! If you stayed hidden the whole time and was afraid to get sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter