10

Will You Follow Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You tossed and turned in bed hearing clinking and clattering of utensils against pans. Your family must've been up already and making breakfast. A whiff of something savory made you salivate as you your lips. That was weird... the kitchen at your house was too far from your room for you to ever smelled anything that anyone cooked.

 

A little girl’s giggle rung through your ears. You opened an eye.

 

This was not your room.

 

Reality seeped in…

 

You slept over Jinyoung and Sarang’s place.

 

Your eyes surveyed the room. You never noticed how clean their room was. Living with your boy cousins, they tended to be really messy, your aunt usually would clean their rooms for them when she couldn’t take the sight or smell anymore, but Jinyoung’s room was straight impeccable. It wasn’t cluttered with toys or had children clothes laying around like how rooms with little kids would. There was a stuffed teddy bear and a stuffed giraffe, but other than that, they lived very minimally.

 

You used both hands to push yourself off the bed to walk over to the only thing that stood out in the room, his bookshelves. It was almost as tall as the ceiling and overfilled with all sorts of books. The reason why this stood out was because everything else in his room was neatly organized, almost OCD-liked, however in these shelves the books were squeezed in, overlapping each other, and some stacked horizontal on top of others.

 

You stood in awe looking at the books because he loved books as much as you did. You’re reminded that you didn't find that in common with many people. You reached to where your heart was and pressed down with your palm, it was early, still early in the morning, but your heart purred.

 

You then saw something you didn’t see from last night on the other night stand.

 

It was a framed photo of Jinyoung and Sarang, with a young woman you’ve never seen before but you could tell she was Sarang’s mother.

 

She was pretty. Really pretty.

 

Although Sarang looked a lot like her dad, she also had subtle features of her mom.

 

It was a picture-perfect photo, like the photos that came with the frames you’d buy at the store. All three were happily laughing as the parents swung their baby in the air by her hands.

 

If you didn’t know what you knew, you wouldn’t think anything could break up such a happy family.

 

More giggling and shushing made your head turn towards the stairway.

 

While walking towards the stairs, you saw your reflection in the mirror.

 

Holy moly.

 

You looked like a crazy ghost that had insomnia.

 

You your finger to try and wipe off the dark smudges under your eyes created by your mascara and eyeliner and quickly ran your fingers through your hair.

 

When you thought you looked as decent as you could under the circumstances, you slowly and awkwardly walked down the stairs as if you're doing the walk of shame of a one night stand, which you've never done, so that made the anticipation of greeting the homeowners more nerve wrecking.

 

However, all nervousness scurried away when you caught sight of Jinyoung and Sarang.

 

Sarang was sitting on the kitchen island with her legs wrapped around a silver metallic bowl almost the size of her, holding a whisker with both her hands. Jinyoung stood behind her, with both his hands around hers as their arms swirled in circles in front of them.

 

They both looked up as your feet touched the ground floor. You couldn't help but grinned seeing spots of white flour on their faces and hair.

 

Oh my ... AND they were wearing matching white frilly aprons.

 

Could they NOT be this cute?!

 

"Nora!" The little one called out! "We're making you pancakes!"

 

"For me?" You pointed at yourself and tilted your head at Sarang

 

"Uh huh!" She nodded enthusiastically and got back to mixing the batter with her tongue sticking out with determination.

 

"Good morning." Jinyoung greeted with a smile and eyes turned into two soft crescents.

 

“Morning.” you greeted back rubbing your upper arm shyly.

 

"Did you sleep well?" Jinyoung looked up at you through his lashes as he was still guiding Sarang’s hands.

 

"One of the best sleeps I've had." And you weren't lying. You've only slept on a futon the past few years, so it was nice to sleep on a real bed for once. "Sorry I didn't mean to sleep over or intrude, I guess I was more tired than I thought I was last night."

 

"Don’t worry about it," Jinyoung shook his head and nodded to the table, "sit down and make yourself comfortable.”

 

“Do you need any help?” You asked even though your cooking skills weren’t the greatest, the food would be edible, but that was as much as you could say about it, but you didn’t want to be rude.

 

“No we’re almost done, just sit and relax.” He gestured with his hand.

 

You slid out a chair and sat and watched the father and daughter who were now whipping up eggs in a small white porcelain bowl.

 

This whole experience was new to you. At your house, Seokjin Oppa cooked breakfast for everyone which consists of only eggs, bacons and hotdogs. It was first come, first serve, so by the time he calls out that breakfast was ready, everyone would rush and fight over the food.

 

This was nice.

 

You heard your phone rang, so you stood up and went over to the couch where your purse laid and pulled out your phone.

 

“Hello?” You answered.

 

“Hey!” Your brother responded, “Can you guys pick up some snacks before you come home?”

 

“You guys?” Confused, you don’t remember telling your brother where you went last night.

 

“Yeah, you and Jinyoung. He called me last night and told me you fell asleep at his house in case I got worried.”

 

“Oh.” You and Jinyoung both glanced up at the same time, but you quickly looked away.

 

He called your brother. That kept replaying in your mind. You’ve never had a boyfriend who called your brother just to let him know you were safe. Your brother was the one who had to call them when he couldn’t get a hold of you.

 

Jinyoung wasn’t even your boyfriend. A smile that you couldn’t control crept up. You were touched.

 

"Wait why do we need snacks at home?" You asked realizing something must be going on at the house.

 

"Uhh... Yoongi hyung's birthday BBQ!! Oooooh! I'm going to tell him you forgot!!!"

 

You let out a laugh. Your brother and his childish antics always made you laughed out loud.

 

"What are you? 5?! What a tattle tale! He wouldn't care anyways, but OK I’ll bring home snacks. I’ll be home in a bit."

 

---

 

You had left jinyoung's house and told him you'd see him at your house later because you wanted to go home and shower and freshen up before the BBQ. That and the fact you didn't want people to think anything was going on between you two. You just didn't want to deal with the questions.

 

Before stepping out your room, you checked yourself in the mirror one last time, makeup on point with Mac's Diva lipstick. Clothed with acid washed high-wasted shorts and Stussy black and white tee. Sleeves rolled up to show your tattoos. Your tattoos were a medley of symbols of what you loved and things that made you. Characters of books, music notes, different symbols representing your love ones, all in a swirl of colorful art piece on your arm. People have asked you if you regretted getting the tattoos, but how can you regret something that made you? Your tattoos tell your story. It shows who you are and you wore it proudly.

 

By the time you stepped out of your room, you could hear music, laughter and conversations in the back yard echoing through the hallway.

 

Before you turned the corner towards the living room that lead to the backyard, you heard the doorbell ring.

 

You opened the front door and saw the father and daughter.

 

"Nora!" The little girl called out, just then her eyes opened wide as she stared at your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter