5

Will You Follow Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You tossed and turned as your hand blindly search for your phone when the alarm on your phone went off. After sliding the alarm off, you got up and stretched with all your might. Memories from last night starts to slowly replayed.

 

You looked at Jinyoung's text again and you couldn't help but laid back down with the phone on your chest as your lips curled up to a smile.

 

Then you let out a huff as you shot back up. You immediately stopped smiling and furrowed your eyebrows. No Nora! You thought to yourself as knocked yourself on the head! Remember! Nothing’s going to happen. Nothing will happen!

 

"You're so freakin weird."

 

You quickly turned your head to see your brother shaking his head with a confused look.

 

"Had a bad dream.” You automatically lied. “Mmm are you working today? I don't start work until later. Want to go grab some coffee? I know a place nearby." You tried to change the subject.

 

"I don’t drink coffee, but maybe I’ll get some tea. Let me wash up"

 

You were waiting for your brother in the living room wearing a bodycon grey mini dress, black leather biker jacket with quilted shoulders, with your metallic gold slip-ons. Your brother came out in his black tee, black & white letterman jacket, black jeans, and black High-Top Nike dunks and of course his black snapback.

 

As you two began to walk out, a voice call out, "Where are you guys going?" You both turned around to see Kookie walking towards you.

 

"We're going to grab some coffee. Want to come?"

 

"Ok!" The younger one beamed.

 

While walking towards the cafe, you had your arms crossed and your mastered -face on. With your head tilted high and your eyes glaring in revulsion as the drooling females on streets gawked at your brother and cousin. When you heard whispers like, “Omo, do you think that’s one of their girlfriend? She looks like a .” or “How can such good looking guys hang out with such a gangster.” It made you smirk in contentment. Yes, stay away. You loved it.

 

In high school, before you had all the tattoos, piercing, and your hair was naturally black, you, the real you, the nice, sweet, bubbly you, were constantly bombarded with girls questioning you on your relationship with the boys. After finding out you were related, they pretended to be your best friend and tried to get as close to you as possible. You weren’t dumb, you knew it, you saw right through them, but you didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. As much as you tried to avoid them, they wouldn’t stop bothering you or left you alone.

 

One day a group of girls cornered you while in the hallway asking you the same question you heard so many freakin times, “Are you one of the Oppas’ girlfriend?” When you felt your back hit the wall, that’s when you decided to use all your knowledge of fearless females that you read and watched. You looked down at the floor and let out a scornful laugh, and as you looked up at them, you poke the side of your mouth with your tongue, you tilt your head to the side and shot a stone cold stare and without a word, you pushed your way past them and flipped your hair as you walked straight ahead. Their blank face stared after you in disbelief but no one followed you. You strutted into an empty classroom and slammed the door. After making sure that no one was watching, you started giggling and hopping up and down, doing your happy dance.

 

This, this was it. This was who you wanted to be.

 

People started talking about how much of a you were and you were perfectly fine with it. You brother and cousins were worried, but you assured them, this made you happy. Then to go with your newly found alter ego, you slowly began to change your appearance. It was a facade that filtered those with ulterior motives out of your life.

 

---

 

Bells jingled signaling your entrance into the coffee shop. You spotted Amber’s blond hair behind the register. She was ringing up a customer when she looked to see who came in. When she realized it was you, she gave you a nod along with a bright welcoming smiling.

 

"Hey Ambs," You wrapped your arms around her waist and squeezed tightly, placing your head on her shoulders, "This my brother Jackson and my younger cousin Jungkook. Guys, this is my friend and favorite barista Amber."

 

"Hey." Jackson said nonchalantly with his arms crossed flexing his muscles, head tilted up, squinting his eyes as if there was some imaginary sun that’s blinding him.

 

“Can you not, Oppa. You’re not cool. No one thinks you’re cool here.” You rolled your eyes at him. “You’re so embarrassing, can’t take you no where.”

 

“I am cool OK?!” Hands on his hips and waving his index finger. Then using his finger to poke his other palm as he declared, “I even have a fanclub! With like 150 fans!” Then he huffed and took off his snapback and ran his finger through his blond hair before putting it back on.

 

“Alright Alright, I’m so lucky to have such a cool brother!” You threw your arms up in a sarcastic surrender.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter