11

Will You Follow Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Good thing your hand covered your mouth or else your heart would've shot out like a cannon.

 

It was way too early and you were way too groggy to be scared like this in the morning.

 

You seriously thought it was the girl from The Ring.

 

Damn Jackson and his stupid story, you cursed inwardly.

 

“Nora?!” You could hear Jinyoung call your name and the sound of his footsteps galloped from the room and down the stairs.

 

She and you just stood there at the doorway just staring at each other awkwardly unsure of what to say.

 

You got a good look at her standing right in front of you. She was so much prettier in person than in the photo.

 

She wasn't a y vixen or anything, she was however undeniably pretty. The pretty that any man would not just want to hook up but definitely wife up. The ones they'd proudly bring home to their parents and know they'd love her.

 

Gold flakes lightly reflected on her milky skin from the twilight glow rising in the sky. She had long silky chocolate brown hair, her oval face was adorned with doe eyes and a cute small mouth.

 

Her eyes shifted to something behind you.

 

"Chorong?" You heard Jinyoung's confused voice.

 

You turned to look at him, his chest heaved up and down from running down to you.

 

Your attention went back to Chorong when you finally heard her spoke up for the first time.

 

"I'm sorry! My phone died, but I wanted to come home early and surprise Sarang before she woke up."  Her face was apologetic.

 

She looked back at you confused.

 

Jinyoung finally reading the atmosphere, “Oh, Nora, this is Chorong, Sarang’s mom, Chorong this is…” there was a pause, “...Nora.”

 

Chorong’s eyes flashed.

 

“Oh! Hi!” She politely bowed her head with a smile and tucked her hair behind her ears.

 

“Hello.” You returned the bow.

 

“Actually, I’m glad I got to meet you. I wanted to thank you for treating Sarang so well. I was starting to get a little jealous of how much she talked about you.” She giggled softly.

 

Damn it. Even her giggle is pretty.

 

You couldn’t help but felt a little smug though, “Well… it’s hard not to love someone as cute as Sarang; she was raised well.”

 

“No, we got lucky with her.” She smiled at Jinyoung.

 

The word we sounded like nails on a chalkboard and the way she smiled at him was like watching someone eat their boogers.

 

CRINGE.

 

Chorong was sweet and nice and you could tell she was genuine when she was thanking you, but you didn’t like the way this whole situation made you feel, it was like you ate something sour.

 

“I was actually on my way out, but it was nice meeting you Chorong.” You dipped your head and squeezed out a smile.

 

You turned to Jinyoung, but your eyes wouldn't meet his, “Bye Jinyoung.” You quickly spun on your heel and walked past Chorong and out the door. You walked out so fast that you weren't even sure if Jinyoung said bye.

 

 

---

 

 

"The lights look good. Make sure you guys dim it a bit more like we discussed earlier." You said to the lighting tech through your headset as you stared onto the stage that had beams of white and baby blue shining onto it and beams of soft purple and pink projecting from it.

 

You skimmed through your notes on tablet, "Can we do another sound check one more time? Earlier it didn't---"

 

You felt taps on your shoulder

 

You turned to see Kwanghee.

 

"Mirae has been trying to call you. She's looking for you."

 

You had turn off your phone because you kept checking it. Checking for any missed calls or any text message from Jinyoung. What were you expecting? You’re not even sure yourself. He’s probably spending time with Chorong and Sarang. You imagined them sitting around playing, laughing and being a happy little family and that made your heart sink to the pit of your stomach. So instead of constantly glancing at your phone every 5 minutes, you just saved yourself from the repeated disappointment and turned off your phone completely. You had the merger party to worry about, you wanted to focus on that.

 

"OK, I'll go see her. Can you make sure the sound system and the mics are good?" You slid off your headset and handed it to him.

 

"Yup." He chirped.

 

You placed your hand on his shoulder before walking pass him, "Kwanghee, please try not to sing on the mic. No, for reals, you’re in denial, but you’re really tone deaf.”

 

"Shut up!" he raised up a fist and gritted his teeth in a fighting position.

 

You threw back your head and laughed as you walked off.

 

---

 

You walked into Mirae’s hotel room where she sat on a chair while her hairdresser was curling her hair, and her makeup artist was sweeping powder on her face.

 

"Hey Mirae, were you looking for me?"

 

"Go home." She simply stated. Her eyes looking up to the ceiling as her makeup artist was sweeped eyeshadow under her eyes.

 

"There’s still some stuff to finalize." You scrolled through your tablet.

 

"Kwanghee can do that. You need to go home and get ready." She stated again.

 

“Yeah, but it won’t even take me that long to get ready.” You persisted.

 

Mirae nodded at her stylist.

 

Her stylist lifted a black garment bag from the metal rack and walked over to you.

 

“Mirae…” You hesitated before taking the bag. “What is this?”

 

“A token of my appreciation. Now go home.”

 

“But I couldn’t…”

 

“Just think of it as a thank you and a good bye present”

 

“But--”

 

“Go. That’s an order.” Her voice firm.

 

---

 

You whirled around in front of the mirror for the 628th time. You still couldn’t believe the dress that Mirae bought you. Balmain’s black and gold beaded cotton-velvet mini dress. It had shimmery gold colored glass beads and strass lined down the dress. The gold beads came together to create a thick band around the neck and diagonaled under the arms. It banded around the waist and hips to accentuate your body perfectly.

 

 

You in loved it.

 

You finished off your makeup with, Lime Crime’s Red Velvet lip stain.

 

"Ready?" You turned around and saw BamBam dressed in a sleek classic black tux, white shirt and black bow tie.

 

"You clean up well Bam." You smiled at him.

 

He lift both hands and did a twirl, then yanked the hem of his jacket and strike a pose holding his chin with an eyebrow raised.

 

"Stay home. I'm going alone." You walk past him towards the door.

 

BamBam laughed and skipped after you, "No way! I’m going! This could be my only chance to meet G-dragon!" He squealed clapping and bouncing from one foot to another

 

He offered his arms, “Let’s go!”

 

You swooped your arms in, “Let the night begin!’

 

---

 

You both stepped out of the car onto the red carpet. Millions of bright white lights flashed from cameras. Names of celebrities were being shouted by photographers and fans.

 

You two started waving and posing for the camera as you walked closer to the building. It wasn’t long until you both burst out laughing so hard, you guys almost tripped because of the photographers’ confused lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter