7

Will You Follow Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After parting ways with Jackson and Amber, you and Jinyoung both decided to walk to the park next to your house to sober up a little before going home. The air was a bit more chilly than usual for a summer night, but with Jinyoung being so close to you, you could feel his body heat warming you up.

 

“So,” Jinyoung finally spoke up to breaking awkward silence, “this might be a lame question,” He let out an embarrassed laugh, “Um… but what kind of books do you like?” his eyes shyly directed at the ground in front.

 

You also looked down as your mouth slid into a smile. The fact that he thought the question was lame, it was utterly adorable. It wasn't often, not often at all actually, that someone asked you what kind of books you like, therefore you never really discussed your readings with anyone. Just the thought of your favorite stories made your heart skipped in delight. Nerdy, you know.

 

“I love all sorts of genres.” You replied as you kicked a little rock, then you glanced up ahead, continuing your steps. “It depends on my mood I guess. What I DON’T like are stories with weak characters. It makes me think of myself in high school. I didn’t like who I was. I was too nice and too weak.” You frowned at the memories. “I like characters who don’t take crap from anyone,” You pounded your fist in your palm.”Those who stands up for themselves and others. Those who stands for whats right!” You exclaimed with your fist lifted!

 

. You just realized you were standing there in your “Fighting!” pose. You quickly returned your arm to your sides. Your face flushed redder than it already was from the beer. You peered over at Jinyoung hoping he doesn’t have a “What the ” look. Instead he had on an amused smile.

 

“Sorry,” You apologized and returned your eyes to the ground, “I’m a bit buzz, and when I’m buzzed, I tend to get a little too excited about things.” You continued to walk. You just wanted to crawl in a hole right then and there.

 

You saw the playground in sight, it wasn't a hole, but close enough, so you jogged over to it. Jinyoung kept his pace as he followed you quietly behind.

 

You excitedly wiggled onto the swing. You couldn't even remember how long it had been since you swung in one.

 

You were about to turn around to see where Jinyoung was when you felt soft hands lightly wrapped around yours, your body was pulled back and up and then he released you. As your body glided down with gravity, you felt butterflies mingling in your stomach. You're pretty sure it was the motion of the swing mixed with the buzz that you were still feeling. Or at least you that's what you told yourself.

 

Jinyoung hopped onto the swing next to you. You peeked over at him and studied his face. His face calm as always. It seemed as though even in the worst situation, he would still remain as serene and unbothered. You wonder if that’s why you were so drawn to him? Maybe it’s because he was different from the chaos of people in your life.

 

You realized you both have been swinging in silence. However, the silence was comfortable, just like being at the bookstore, it was like your mind and soul can finally be at ease and take a rest.You feel like you could just be by his side like this for a while….a long while.

 

“So what were you like in high school?” You blurted suddenly, having an odd urge of wanting to get to know him more. Weird, but then again alcohol usually made people talkative right? Right.

 

He looked up as if he was trying to retrieve the memories from the skies, “Mmm, I was pretty quiet but I loved singing and dancing. I did a few shows and competitions with JB, and that’s how I got to know BamBam and the other guys.”

 

“You sang and danced?! You totally don’t seem like you’d enjoy being on stage,” you laughed as you leaned back on the swing to get more motion. The image of quiet Jinyoung on stage... you couldn’t imagine it! You just imagined him shy in the back, singing and dancing timidly. “You’d have to show me one day! I can’t even dance. I never went to any of the school dances, not even proms, because I didn’t want to be the only not dancing or even worst embarrassed myself if I tried.” That and the fact no one ever asked you to go, but you’re not going to tell Jinyoung that.

 

All of a sudden his foot skidded on the dirt as his swing came to an abrupt stop.

 

“You never been to a dance? Not even prom?” His mouth opened and stared at you wide eyed.

 

“It’s no big deal! It was so long ago! Pfft. I don’t even feel like I missed out much.” You shrugged your shoulders nonchalantly as you lied. You kept swinging, avoiding his eyes by looking straight ahead. Truth was that you always wanted to know what it would’ve felt like to get dolled up, wear those long flowy dresses, and then danced the night away with a sweet handsome date.

 

You felt his gaze still on you. You slightly turn to him and noticed his eyes now soften. You let out a forceful laugh hoping it sounded confident. “Seriously! No biggie!” You returned your gaze straight ahead. Why did it feel like he could see right through you?

 

Jinyoung suddenly jumped off his swing and held out his hands to you.

 

No no no… this wasn't what you think it wasright? He’s not doing what you think he’s going to do...right?

 

“W-w-what are you doing?” You questioned him with a nervous giggle.

 

All those cliche storylines…..He wouldn--

 

“May I have this dance?”

 

kkkkkk, You’re a complete er for cliche !! Noooooo….

 

You stared blankly at him but your insides were shrieking like a teenage girl seeing her ultimate favorite boy-band group. Yup, exactly like that.

 

He had the biggest goofiest grin that you ever saw on his face. His eye disappeared as the lines underneath them became more visible than ever.

 

Ahhhhhh….what to doooo...

 

it! Blame it on the alcohol.

 

You slowly held out your hand and he took it in his. You let yourself be gently pulled away from the swing and towards him. When you stood directly i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter