23

Will You Follow Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EDITED CHAPTER. PLEASE READ! ^_^

 

 

Oh! You looked down! Now you have to read. >=]

----

 

 

“.... I rented it all out.” Seunghyun said with his chin tilted up with a slight smug wiggle.

Life wouldn’t be life if things worked out as planned right?

Ugh damn you life...

What was supposed to be a double date -- of course, Jackson and Amber didn't know that; it was something that you and Jinyoung had masterfully planned to finally spend some time together and play cupid, was now ruined as you and six others stood in front of the empty amusement park gates.

Overhearing Jackson on the phone about going to the amusement park with you, Jinyoung and Amber; Jungkook hung onto his shoulders and invited himself.

Also while you were mournfully telling Jinyoung about Seunghyun, he was having lunch with his family. Nana asked what happened when she noticed her younger brother’s vexed look after the phone call. When she heard Seunghyun’s name, she quickly offered to come along to keep Seunghyun company, so that Jinyoung and you could do your own thing. Even though her and Seunghyun’s relationship was a publicity stunt, they remained somewhat friends after the “break up.” However, there was something about the way he treated her. He was the first one who didn’t treat her like some ditzy model. Other guys bended over backwards for her in the beginning, taking her to fancy clichés dinners or boring snobby yacht parties just to win her over, and when they did, they treated her like a sparkling trophy and nothing more. TOP was always a gentlemen to her, although he was quiet, he had an intriguing aura, He took her to art galleries, plays, or independent movie screenings. His love for the arts made her want to get to know him more on a deeper level-- without the publicity stunt.

 

“Seunghyun sunbae-nim!!! How were you able to rent this entire place out?! Man… Ballin!” Jungkook shot an imaginary basketball with his arm as he grinned ear to ear. He couldn’t wait to tell all his friends about it.

“Wasn’t much. I did a few ads for them, so this was basically nothing.” The cool celebrity shrugged.

Jungkook looked up at him with twinkles in his eyes as if he was the most magnificent creature he’s ever seen.

“So which ride should we go on first?!” You walked backwards, facing the group as you tried to pump everyone’s mood up and making the best out of the failed date-situation

“Viking!” Amber hooked onto your armed and pulled you towards the ride like an excited 5 year old.

 

Jinyoung slid in first into the boat ride, in the second to the last row and you slid in after him, followed by Seunghyun and Nana.

Jackson, Amber and Jungkook sat in the backest row, behind you guys with Amber being in the Middle. Jackson crossed his arms with his eyes squeezed shut and lips in a firm line, mentally prepared himself for the ride.

Amber bumped him in the shoulder, however, she tried not to laugh when she saw him flinch as his eyes shot open as if the ride actually started.

“Scared?”

“No!” He flipped his snapback bill to the back and tightly held onto the handle, if that handle was alive it’d be choking.

“Noona, if you’re scared you can hold onto my arms.” Jungkook grinned as he also grabbed onto the handle, but flexed repeatedly so that his muscles rippled under his sleeves.

Jackson would’ve picked up on his little cousin’s evident attempt on impressing Amber if he wasn’t distracted by Seunghyun. It raised red flags in him when he saw the way Seunghyun was watching you and Jinyoung so intently, it was like he could see tiny green flames flickered in his eyes.

 

Jinyoung bent down and whispered softly into your ears, “If you’re scared, you can hold onto my arm too.”

A small airy laugh came out your mouth as your shoulder automatically sprang up to block your ears from those words. You didn’t know whether to cringe or to blush at what just came out of his mouth. When you turned up to look at your boyfriend. The corner of his eyes pinched together, his lips fighting to hold his teeth back from exposing as he tried adorably not to laugh at his own cheesiness.

He was being so impossibly cute, you just wanted to grab his face wanted to kiss him right then and there.

The moment couldn’t even last two seconds before a hand flew right in between you two and bopped you on the nose, You both ducked away from the flapping hand.

“Whoa! Bug!” Seunghyun bellowed as his hand still waved around in between you guys while his eyes was rapidly following an invisible flying creature, “Did you guys see that?”

“Where?!” Nana wrapping her arms tightly onto his and searched the air frantically

“Uhh…” Seunghyun hesitated before slipping his arm out of her hold, “It’s gone.”

You rubbed your nose and shot Seunghyun a glare as the boat ride began to slowly move.

He narrowed his eyes and scrunched his face in offense, “Bugs carry diseases... So ... Uh, you’re welcome! ” He rolled his eyes and turned away so you couldn’t see his sly smirk.

“Are you OK babe? Does it hurt?” Jinyoung asked with worries creased in his forehead. His lips jutted out as he used his thumbs to gently soothe your nose.

It still was such foreign feeling to have someone worry about you over something so little like a simple tap on the nose. You suddenly found yourself fighting the urge to do something you’ve always found the most irritating in girls. You actually wanted to exaggerate the pout in your lips and maybe let out a whimper, just to see him fuss over you even more.

But before you could shamelessly be one of those girls, Seunghyun reached past you and pulled Jinyoung’s hands away and guided it to the handle in front.

“Safety first.” Seunghyun sang a little too happy.

Jinyoung’s eyebrows knit together. He was starting to get annoyed at the unnecessary interference.  

He was about open his mouth to say something, when a high pitched yelp pierced through. You recognized it right away that it was none other than your older brother.

He held tightly onto Amber’s arms as the boat began to swing even higher.

You let out an excited shrill and leaned into Jinyoung as gravity tickled your tummy when the boat floated downwards. Seeing how ridiculously cute you were being; giggling like a little girl, something bloomed in Jinyoung’s chest making him smile so hard that he wouldn’t able to stop himself even if he wanted to. He didn’t want to. He had no clue when it happened, but your laughter had become one of his favorite thing. He wanted to record it and set it as his alarm, or his ringtone, hell, he would want to loop it so it’ll replay for forever and never stop because he knew he’d never get tired of listening to it. He wanted to always make you laugh and he wanted to be the one to guard that laugh so that it’ll never fade away. He laid his cheek protectively on top of your head and bask in the moment.

Everyone’s adrenaline was rushing and was all giggles as they stepped off the boat. Jackson, however, was in the thoughts of his own. He noticed strands of Amber’s short sunkissed blond hair became messy after the ride. He fought hard inside his own mind debating if he should fix it for her or not. When his hand finally reacted; Amber ran her own fingers through her hair, making him shove his hand back in his pocket in grudging self-disappointment.

“Let’s go there.” Seunghyun tipped his chin towards the dark black and purple house hung with thick spider webs and lined with sporadic different size tombstones. It had flashing bright white thunder and screams coming from its booming speakers. There were two very bored-looking zombies staring your way. Probably because you guys were the only customers in the park.

“Oh! Let’s go in groups of two to make it more fun!” Jungkook took a step closer to Amber and flashed his charming smile.

You recounted the number of people in the group and that’s when you saw a few who failed to try and hide their nervous faces. That’s when an evil idea was born.

“Alright! Let’s play paper, scissors, rock. Matching two go as team and the ONE loser has to go by themselves!”

“Awww man, come on...” Jackson whined, “Why can’t we just go as a group of 3.”

“No! That’s no fun!” You quickly raised a fist in the air before another person could back up your brother’s lame request. “Ready?!”

Everyone followed suit.

 

The first show of hands, the only match was you and Amber who both threw out scissors. The second set of hands; Nana and Jackson also both threw out scissors. They both squealed and high fived each other, while hopping up and down, because they were both just happy they weren’t the one who had to go by themselves. Then there was the last three, Jinyoung, Seunghyun and Jungkook. The two older one were silently begging to the gods to be teamed up with the maknae. Jungkook, on the other hand, wanted to be paired up with anyone and anyone at all… just someone.

“Paper, Scissors, Rock!”

The three hands shot out at the same time… and everyone’s face fell. Jinyoung and Seunghyun couldn’t even look up at each other; all they could do was stare in bewilderment at both their hands in a fist--- rock; Jungkook stared at his bright white palm--- paper.

You and Amber slowly entered the pitch black building. The screams, wails and lighting sounds were much louder than you had thought, you started second guessing your idea, but it was too late to turn back now. You stood slightly behind Amber tightly holding onto her hand and arm, basically if you could wrap your legs around her, you would’ve. As

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter