29

Will You Follow Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

 

With every step you took in the dark, the pavement lit up by the moonlight and street lamps, You heart thumped faster and faster as you felt worst and worst following him. He wasn’t cheating, you kept telling yourself, but you had to make sure yourself. You needed to see it with your own eyes what he was up to and who he was meeting up with to ease your own heart. You needed to ease your heart and mind and proved to yourself you were dumb; worrying about nothing.  

He walked towards the secluded area of the park where crowds of people were becoming more sparse. He checked his phone and began to pick up his pace. 
 

There, even from a far distance, you saw by an empty bench, Chorong in her wheelchair in a flowy peach dress with a tan coat. You cut through the grass to hide behind a tree and bushes.


The memories of his words blew past like the wind, I love you. You squinted your eyes trying to get a better look. He sat on the bench beside her and held her hand. It's just hand holding. Then tucked a strand of hair behind her ears. It's just hair. These meant nothing, even though your heart was beating at a ferocious speed. He then held her chin, leaned in as they both closed their eyes and he kissed her. 


You darted towards them. Your mind was filled with tornados of questions and you needed answers right then and there. Their eyes widen in surprise when you approached them. 


“What the is going on?!” You shouted. 
“N-N-Nora…” Jinyoung stuttered scared.
“Tell me this isn’t what it is…” You were trying to hold in angry tears, but failed miserably as they slid down one by one.
“It’s not-” Chorong tried to say out of defense.
“I’m sorry you had to find out this way.” 
You both whipped your head at him. 
“Find out what.” Your voice trembled. 


You took a step back as if it could turn back time. Regret was beginning to wash over you. You shouldn’t have followed. You didn’t want to know anymore. 


“I’m still in love with Chorong. I’ve always been.” 


Static white noise rang throughout your head and it stopped every thought from making any move. He looked down and your eyes followed along down his hand that never let go of Chorong’s. You returned your eyes back to Jinyoung. You waited for him to laugh and say it was a joke. But he remained serious. 
 

You were so deep in your own confusion that you didn’t sense a body looming behind you until you felt fingers around your wrist. 


“Let’s go.” The deep voice ordered. “You don’t need this .” 


You looked up and even though his face was shadowed by his mask, cap, and hoodie,  and it has been a while, you could still recognize that voice anywhere. 


You weren’t ready to go because you haven’t heard what you wanted to hear from Jinyoung. You tried to pull your wrist away from Seunghyun’s grip but failed. You didn't care. You looked back at Jinyoung. With hot tears , “No, Babe... Tell me this is all mistake. Let’s go home and just talk about this. .” You let out a teary plea.


“Sorry Nora-’
“Stop calling me Nora!” You screamed shaking your head. You had never hated your own name before, but hearing him call you by your name made your skin burn.

 
“Nora.” He said again with purpose and you wanted to rip your ears off. “I had always loved Chorong. What I went through with you helped me made me realized it, but sinc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter