19

Will You Follow Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So that concludes the lecture for chapter 5,” Professor Kim glanced up at the clock and back at the class, “OK, now I want you all will team up and you’ll be starting your culture research project. Take the last 15 minutes of class to group up; no more than 3 people per group. Exchange information and before you leave class today, I want you guys to sign up for your presentation date with all your group member’s names and which culture you’ll be doing. First come, first serve.” She turned off the projector and chatter began to elevate throughout the class.

 

Bam and you automatically turned to each other with a cheesy smile. Default partners.

 

A chirpy crowd started to form at the desk in front of yours as classmates swarmed around TOP.

 

“TOP, do you want to be in our group?” A girl leaned down onto his desk, making TOP back away, but keeping his chin and eyes above her shoulders and away from her v-neck tee that definitely exposed too much cleavage appropriate for school.

“Hey you could be in ours, we’re all guys here.” You were pretty sure you saw TOP slightly shutter as the most flamboyant boy in your class slid his finger across TOP’s shoulders with his perfectly shaped eyebrows arched up

“TOP Oppa, if you join ours, you wouldn’t have to do anything.” Persuaded a short girl whose perfume was so pungent, it smelt like she soaked herself in cupcakes; she knocked weakly at his chest as she fluttered her long lashes, making TOP subconsciously blink rapidly.

 

You let out a sigh.

“Seunghyun!” You called out loud enough to be heard over the flock.

TOP whipped his head as if he heard a ghost calling out to him.

“Come on,” You waved him over, “we need to decide on our topic.”

Everyone, even BamBam stared in shock, because they all seen the way you ignored TOP’s every attempt at becoming your friend. They stared at you and back at TOP, who tried to be cool about it but the corner of his lips hooked up.

“Sorry everyone, but I’m already with them.” He raised his hand and dipped his head in apologies as he turned his chair around to face you and BamBam.

Everyone huffed and clucked their tongue in disappointment as they walked back to their desk, whispering to each other.

“Oh my god Hyung! You finally melted the snow queen’s heart!” BamBam said in astonishment.

TOP smile grew wide, then he pretended to knock on a door in front of your face, “Knock knock knockknock knock,” He wiggled his head side to side, “Do you want build a snowmannnn?”

You swatted his hand and rolled your eyes, “Shut up.”

“Come on lets go and playyyy” BamBam began to sing .

“Guys we only have 10 minutes left, let’s choose a culture.” You looked down at your notebook and picked up your pen hoping the two would focus.

“I never see you anymore, come out the door, it’s like you gone awayyyyy” They sang with such passion in unison but horribly off tune with TOP’s deep baritone and BamBam’s high pitched voice.

They’ll never make it as singers.

“We used to be best buddies-“

They immediately stopped singing and winced as you grabbed and pulled onto each their ears.

“Concentrate!” You hissed and stared each in the eyes before you released their ears.

BamBam frowned as he rubbed his ears, “I guess not all her heart is thawed.”

TOP just laughed as he rubbed his ears. It was the same exact laugh that you remembered and it brought back the nostalgic feeling of your younger years with him. You still couldn’t believe that you weren’t able to recognize him, because now that you look closely, everything was still the same, his idiot smile, his pointy nose, his trapezoid eyes. He only gotten skinnier and his voice, deeper... much deeper.

His voice… you remembered his voice that night at the club.

 

---

 

“I got to go to work, bye guys.” BamBam walked backwards and waved both his arms as soon as you all stepped out of class.

“Bye Bams.” You waved back.

“Where are you heading Nora?” Seunghyun asked.

“I was going to go to the library and get started on the research and do some homework for my other class.” You knew that Bams and Seunghyun both had jobs and you being the only one without a job, thought you should do most of the research.

“Well, since my next schedule isn’t until later, I’ll help you with the research.” He said as he readjusted the strap on his backpack before turning towards the library, but before he could take a step, you grabbed onto the sleeve of his jacket making him look down at you.

You couldn’t look him in the eyes, so you kept them aimed towards the ground.

“Uhhh…” You hesitated for a second, “Uhh.. I just wanna say thanks for helping me that night at the club, even though you shouldn’t have. I know how much trouble you could’ve gotten into being famous and all. But really, Thank you.” Without looking at him, you awkwardly punched him in the arm.

You've seen people do the punching thing in movies; you’re not good at these type of stuff and didn’t know what else to do.

He lifted your chin to make you look at him as he bent his head down closer to yours.  

“Nora, you’ve done the the same for me back then and I know without a doubt, you would’ve done the same for me again, even if you tried extremely hard to mad at me.”

You couldn’t help your lips from curling up.

“It was really difficult you know???” You swung your chin out of his hand and huffed as if exhausted. “You’re so in persistent and annoying!”

“I knew you couldn’t stay mad at me forever.” He tousled your hair.

You swat him away with a glare, “I tried. Still, that was really mean what you did, I still don’t understand why you did those things.”

Your glare instantly disappeared as your stomach gargled from hunger because you had skip lunch that day.

TOP choked back a laugh, “I’m really sorry. Let me buy you food, so that you and your stomach could stop yelling at me.”

You covered your stomach with your hands in hesitation and debated if you should.

TOP bumped you in the shoulders with his, “Ya… I know your stupid morals, but I owe you... for ruining your clothes that one day. Don’t worry, I’m rich now.” He smirked and popped his collar,  “I’m TOP.”

You wrinkled your nose at his last statement, then grabbed onto his arm and pulled, “Well then, let’s go TOP! I’m not going to feel guilty one bit!”

He suddenly stopped walking and stood still. “Wait, but didn’t you want to do homework? I think we should do homework first.” He devilishly grinned and smoothed out the top of your hair that he messed up.

“Boy, don’t mess with a girl who’s hungry!” You narrowed your eyes at him. “Food is what’s important right now! Food!” You began pulling him again.

 

--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter