13

Will You Follow Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Why are you here?” Mirae peered over her monitor and looks up at you emotionless.

“Well! I missed you too!” You said as you strolled over to her desk.

“Shouldn’t you be at home resting?”

You pouted, “But Mirae, today is my last day! How could I not come say goodbye to the bestest boss ever?”

She sighed and leaned back on her chair and fiddled with a pen in front of her, “How are you feeling?”

“Just bruised, but it’s better.” You said as you tried to lower yourself onto the chair without showing any discomfort on your face.

“Nora, why won’t you tell me who it was? It was Hyuna wasn’t it? People saw her come out seconds before you got carried out.”

“I told you it wasn’t her. I was drunk and fell on top of the toilet.” You repeated the same story for the 20th time.

Growing up with a huge family, you learned not to tattle-tale. When you did, you got dropped kicked. You learned that the hard way at a tender age of 7 when you told your Aunt that Yoongi stole candy from the local convenient store after he wouldn’t share with you. Of course, you only really learned your lesson when Yoongi dropped kicked you the second time after he got beat by his mom after you had told on him for drop kicking you. Even when those girls harassed you at school, and your family asked you about it, you never told them who they were. You didn’t want to seem weak by needing your family to protect you. You didn’t want to be a burden to anyone.

Mirae narrowed her eyes at you and huffed in defeat at your ridiculous answer.

“I’m not going to stay at home on my last day. I want my free going away lunch and my goodbye party!” You wanted to quickly change the atmosphere and the subject.

Mirae pushed herself away from her desk and stood up and walked over to you.

She wrapped her arms around your shoulders, “I’m going to miss you.”

“I’ll still come back and visit!” You returned a squeeze, “But I’m hungry! Feed your best intern ever or else I won’t come back and you’ll be so depressed because you’ll miss me so much and I’ll have to remind you it was your fault for not buying me food when I was starving on my last day”

She let out a laugh and pulled away, “Come on, let’s go.” she swung her arms around your neck and dragged you out her office.

 

----

 

“Right this way,” The host gestured into the restaurant with her hand as she led your group to your table.

“I can’t believe today is your last day Nora,” Kwanghee whined, “You better visit!”

“I will!!” You exclaimed.

You lifted the menu up to read, but your eyes wandered the restaurant looking for a familiar figure.

It’s been 4 days since you saw Jinyoung at the hospital. You haven’t heard from him since. Of course you thought about him, but your pride wouldn’t let you pick up your phone to call or text him.  

Maybe at the hospital you were a little out of it and felt like you needed someone there, someone comforting. Like the moment a child scrapes their knee; they just want a hug and a kiss from someone to make them feel better.

Maybe that was it.

But his lips still lingered on your temple.

Feeling disappointed that you didn't see sight of him, you sighed and looked back at the menu.

“So are we partying after or what?” Bomi asked.

Everyone turned their heads to the boss lady.

She lifted her eyebrows as her eyes scanned each person at the table.

Her shoulders fell, “Fine, if you guys are all done with your work for today, we can go out for a couple of drinks.”

Everyone cheered!

“A COUPLE! Besides Nora, everyone still has work tomorrow!” Mirae tried to be stern.

Kwanghee pulled out his phone, “Let me send out an email to the rest of the company.”

His thumb swiftly typed away on his screen, but his eyes quickly averted to the server who was bringing out the food.

“Omo! This looks so yummy!” He bounced up and down and clapped as his sizzling bulgogi lunch set was placed in front of him.

--

“Thank you Boss!!” Everyone yelled in unison as you all walked out the restaurant with their bellies sticking out.

“Ok! Are you guys ready!” Bomi hopped with her finger pointed in the air.

“Let’s go!” You responded in excitement.

Bomi turned her heels to lead the way and you skipped behind her laughing.

“Seriously, everyone only a couple of drinks OK? I am your boss! You guys need to behave yourself in front of me! Anyone who does anything inappropriate WILL. BE. FIRED.” Mirae commanded.

Everyone exchanged glances at each other as they kept walking, but within seconds no one could keep a straight face and busted out laughing.

“Aww you’re so cute Mirae! ” You pinched her cheeks and hugged her.

“Excuse you! I’m your boss!” She said in disbelief.

“NOT AFTER TODAY!” You laughed.

“I’ll buy the first--” Kwanghee’s voice trailed off from your attention as you saw 3 familiar bodies in front of an ice cream shop across the street.

Jinyoung was bouncing Sarang in his arms while she was laughing happily.

Chorong laughed along as she raised the swirly ice cream cone in her hand to Jinyoung’s mouth and he leaned in and took a bite from it.

She used her thumb to wipe the white cream from the side of his lips.

He smiled at her.

Your heart plummeted.

You saw him turn and look at your group’s direction.

You took a quick step to the right and hid behind your colleagues.

“Are you OK?” Mirae asked noticing that your abrupt change of position.

“Yeah I’m fine, I wanted to be in the shade.” You forced a smile.

You hugged onto her arm and buried your face in it pretending to be loving, but you really wanted to just hide from him and hide your facial expression because you didn’t think you could control it at that very moment.

Thoughts sped through your mind.

Was this why he hasn’t called or text?

Was it just a simple kiss to him? Did you over-think about what happened in the hospital room? Maybe you haven’t da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter