9

Will You Follow Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You both were escorted to YG’s nurse’s office. After disinfecting the cut, the nurse gently placed a band-aid on your chin. TOP was waiting to get his head checked, but he felt the back of his head and could already feel a bump the size of a ping pong.

The two of you had not even spoken one word to each other since the incident.

The nurse checked TOP’s bump and left to go grab supplies. As soon as the door clicked closed, you didn’t waste a single second to release your fury.

“WHAT THE IS YOUR PROBLEM?!” You glared at him with fire in your eyes.

His face didn't even react to your sudden shout. He sat there expressionless and motionless as he kept his gaze straight ahead.

“UGH!” You threw your head back in frustration.

“Just say we slipped.” He finally said in a low, most nonchalant voice.

You whipped your head towards him. Was he serious?

“Everyone saw us! They saw you tripped me!” You huffed and your face heating up.

“And they saw you tripped me." He retorted. "Do you know who I am?” He slowly turned his head and his eyes darken as they pierced into yours.

“‘Do you think anyone would care that I tripped you? A Nobody?” He scoffed.

You gasped. How dare he?! You were ready to spit back...

“Do you know how much hate and how many threats you’d get if my fans heard that you tripped me?” his hands connected to his chest as his eyes and mouth open in sarcastic shock.

“I’m TOP.” He stated as a matter of fact and folded his arms, “TOP.” He stated again as one side of his lips curved up into a hateful smirk.

Your face stiffened, but your blood was boiling.

“I’m doing you a favor, you should actually be thanking me.” with that he returned his eyes straight ahead.

You just kept staring at him. You tighten your fists which made your knuckles turned white. You couldn’t believe him!

The door opened up and Mr. Yang walked in with Mirae behind him. And boy do they look like angry embarrassed parents.

“What happened?” Mr. Yang’s voice was scary calm.

You stared at the glossy black floor. It’s felt like you were back in high school or something, which was ridiculous, you were both adults! ADULTS! But still you couldn’t bear to look at either of the CEOs.

“We tripped.” TOP finally spoke as he stood from his seat, still not making eye contact with anyone.

Your head snapped over to him and then slowly up at Mirae. She shook her head and rolled her eyes. She knew there was more than that.

“Tripped?” Mr. Yang cocked his eyebrow. He knew it was bull. When you two were being escorted out, people were staring and whispering about the incident. It definitely gotten back to Mr. Yang. His eyes moved to you for confirmation but all you could do was look back on the ground.

“Tripped.” TOP confirmed, not budging from the story.

Mr. Yang let out a sigh of defeat. He knew if TOP didn’t want to do something, he’s not going to do it. So if he didn’t want to tell the truth, he wasn’t going to.

Mr. Yang his heels and walked out the nurse’s office with his arms behind his back and head shaking. TOP followed after his CEO without a word or looking back.

Your eyes still on the ground as you saw Mirae's black Christian Louboutin Pigalle pumps take a step closer to you as you kept your eyes on the ground preparing for the angry disappointment and long interrogation or the worst, firing. All the hard work you put in at FeelGhood, building a good rapport, would now be all in vain.

You flinched when you felt arms wrapped around you with a light squeeze. A whiff of Mirae's lavender eau de perfume traveled through your nose and to your mind, calming your body as you relax into her embrace.

Mirae pulled away and held you at arm's’ length as her eyes skimmed your face trying read your emotions more than seeing if you're physically OK.

She released you and tucked one of her arms under her other, “Go home and take the day off tomorrow to rest. You must have so much anger and frustration built up right now. I’m just grateful no one was in body bags.” Mirae tried to lighten the mood but her eyes soft with empathy.

You can feel the sting of the tears trying to escape, but you squeezed your eyes together to stop them. You will not cry for that stupid guy.

You pulled Mirae in for another hug and rest your head on her shoulders, “You’re the best boss you know that?”

She your hair, “Rest up, clear your mind and get ready to party on Saturday.”

---

 

You threw your bag onto your futon and walked over to the full length mirror that was hanging on the wall of your room.

 

You peeled back the band-aid and examined your battle wound. It's a nice little gash with purple and black coloring forming around it. Thankfully you didn’t need any stitches, but it looked like it might still scar.

 

Each encounter with TOP was getting worst and worst. Like what Mirae said, you wonder if someone would really be in a body bag the next time you two see each other.

 

You heard a melody coming out of your pocket. You reached in and dug it out and your heart skipped a beat when you saw Jinyoung’s name on the caller ID.

 

“Hello?” You didn’t even realize you answered in a softer, girlier voice than you normally would.

 

“Noraaa!” a sweet excited voice chirped through your ears.

 

“Sarang!” you returned the excitement. Strangely hearing her voice lightened up your mood and made you breathed a little easier.

 

“Daddy is cooking spaghetti today! Spaghetti is my favorite food!” She giggled over the phone.

 

“Oh really? I like spaghetti too!” you amused her.

 

“Come ov--”

 

“Sarang??? Who are you talking to?” You heard Jinyoung’s muffled voice in the background.

 

“Uhh…”

 

You couldn’t help but laugh after understanding the situation. Sarang was just too cute.

 

“Hello?” There was a slight pause, “Nora?” Jinyoung sounded surprised.

 

“Daddy! She likes spaghetti! I was telling her to come over!” Sarang’s voice sounded bumpy, you can imagine her grabbing onto her Dad’s shirt and jumping up and down.

 

“Sarang! You can’t tell her or anyone to come over. What if she’s busy? You have to ask her first.” It was adorable hearing his attempt to teach his daughter. He doesn’t seem like he could, but he sounded stern. You bet he’s trembling on the inside. You telepathically sent him a You Can Do It! message.

 

You heard some rustling over the phone.

 

“Nora.” Sarang’s voice was now serious as if she meant business.

 

“Yes.” You bit down the bottom of your lips trying hard not to laugh as you tried to match the seriousness of the little girl.

 

“If you are not busy, would you like to come over and eat Spaghetti with meatballs? We also have ice cream.” Sarang trying to entice you in her business-girl tone.

 

How could you say no? You couldn’t crush a father’s effort to teach his daughter and a daughter’s effort to right herself. They’ll be so discouraged in the future.

 

“I would love to.” you answered

 

“Yay!” The little girl squealed.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter