Chapter 21: Lip ity

M&M's World

 

“Umma!” I screamed as I unlocked the door to my house. I walked in the living room to find a yellow Post-it stuck to the TV screen. At the grocery store. Be back in a few. I nodded my head at the note and threw my backpack on the coffee table. I reached in my backpack to grab my homework when I noticed that Minho stuffed all his notes in there. They each said random things that did not involve class work. Then, I had a flashback of what Minho told me: What if I do mean it? What was that suppose to mean? I know what it means, but why would he say that? Why do I ask so many questions about our relationship?

I took a deep breath and tried to focus on my homework. I was in the middle of reading chapter five for my history class when my cell phone began to vibrate. Soon after, B1A4’s song Chu Chu Chu rang throughout the house so I automatically knew who called.

“Minho, don’t you have homework?” I said into the phone.

“When did you become so naggy?” he asked. I gasped at his response. I have been nagging him a great deal lately.

“Mianhae. But seriously, I have a C in this class and I really need to study,” I said, flipping through the pages of chapter five.

“How do you know I didn’t call for a study session? Aish, you always doubt me,” he said sarcastically.

“You know, I could ask you when you became so sarcastic,” I said and raised one eyebrow like he could see me.

“Oh, whatever. But anyways, can I come over?” he said, almost pleaded.

“My mom’s not here and I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t allow you to come over without her permission,” I said.

“Oh, okay. Well then put me on speaker phone,” I did what he told me to do and I laid the phone next to my textbook.

“Did you change your ringtone to that song like I told you to?” he asked. He’s so demanding lately.

“Yes mister. Why did you want me to change my ringtone for you?” I asked.

“Have you not listened to the lyrics?” he asked, astonished with my reply.

“No, why?” he began to sing the first verse to the song which caught me off guard. He wasn’t the best singer, but his deep voice was pleasing to my ear. The lyrics were so sweet I could have cried. Then, he reached the chorus and his engrish was so cute that I chuckled a bit. His words – or the song’s words – were just so lovable and charming that I couldn’t believe he was serenading me with this song.

“Loving you,” he finished the chorus and I applauded him.

“Minho! That was so sweet! Thank you!” I said.

“So now you see why I wanted you to change your ringtone to that song? I also have my ringtone set with that song for every time you call or text,” he said. I blushed and wondered again if he really meant what he told me the other day.

“Misun, I’m home,” I heard my umma say as she opened the front door.

I turned my phone off speaker and greeted my umma. “Ummani can I –

“You never call me Ummani unless you want something,” she said as she set the groceries on the kitchen counter.

“Um, yea kind of… Can Minho come over so we can study?” I asked.

She turned around and adjusted her weight on one hip as she raised an eyebrow. “Study? And what is this studying you’ll be doing? ed?” she made finger quotations when she said the word studying.

“Umma, I’m serious! And that’s gross by the way. Like seriously…ew!” I said and stuck my tongue out to show her how disgusted I was.

“Mhmm. Yea sure he can come over. But all eyes on the textbook and hands attached to the pencils,” she said and put a gallon of water in the refrigerator.

“Umma, you have weird thoughts,” I said and left the kitchen as she quietly laughed to herself.

I got back on the phone with Minho and I told him with my umma said. I could just see his eyes gettis wider and wider. He said he would be right over so I hung up the phone and continued to read the chapter and take notes in my journal. Reading the chapter became tedious after awhile so I took a break and got a glass of water. As soon as I finished drinking out of the glass and put in the sink, I heard the doorbell ring. As I walking to the front door, he kept knocking on it impatiently.

“Misun, tell him to calm down!” my umma said from the kitchen.

I opened the front door and he stood there, flashing me a huge smile. His backpack was hanging over both of his shoulders, making him look like he was on his way to school, except he wasn’t wearing the uniform. I led him to the living room couches, which is where I normally do my homework. We finished reading the chapter and studied the notes we took for at least thirty minutes. He kept glancing up at me every now and then, and he would smile at me.

“Why do you keep looking at me?” I said.

“I… I don’t know, you’re just really pretty,” he said. I looked down at myself to see what was so pretty. I was wearing an oversized knit red sweater, denim shorts, and my hair was tied in a messy bun and secured with a pair of chopsticks.

“You have weird tastes,” I said and laughed softly.

“No, I’m serious. How did I ever get somebody like you?” he said. We made eye contact for a few seconds and his eyes glistened as they gazed into mine. I blinked a few times and quickly looked away.

“Don’t flatter me. Let’s just do our work,” I said with a shaky voice. I grabbed my textbook and set it in my lap. Instead of discussing notes with him, I began to reread the chapter.

From time to time, my umma would walk into the living room to check and make sure we’re focusing on studying. I stayed quiet and just kept rereading the chapter until my eyes became tired. I looked from the textbook to find Minho doodling. I snatched his doodle and put it in between two random pages in my book and I jabbed my index finger against to page, telling him to get back to work. He let out a deep sigh and opened his textbook.

“Misun I’m bored,” he said, barely finishing a paragraph.

“I’m just a boring person aren’t I?” I said sarcastically. He laughed softly and closed his book again.

“Remember when we played the card kissing game?” he said as he laid his arm on the back of the couch.

“My gosh, please don’t bring it up,” I said. I brought my hands up to my face so he wouldn’t see how embarrassed I was.

“That was like the best day of my life,” he said.

I opened my fingers so they formed a V shape and I was able to peek through them. “Really?” I asked in shock.

“Yea, of course. I remember the way you flinched when our nose touched,” he said, and chuckled to himself.

“Ah, be quiet!”I took a couch pillow and threw it at him, but he caught it in midair.

“What? I thought that was adorable,” he said.

“I’m not adorable. Sunny is adorable,” I said and stuck my bottom lip out and crossed my arms.

“Because that pout you’re giving me is so not adorable,” he said mordantly. He placed his chin underneath my cheek and started to lean in. I tried not to panic so I shut my eyelids tight and poked out my lips. When I felt his lips land on my cheek, I slowly opened my eyes and relaxed my lips. As he pulled away, I felt myself blushing thus I covered my cheek with my hands.

“See, you are adorable. Were you expecting a kiss on the lips or something?” he said, m y hair.

“No…that’s silly,” I said trying to keep my voice calm and steady.

With his hand still on the back of my head, he leaned in. This time I kept my eyes open and relaxed my mouth. He tilted his head slightly and he placed his lips on mine. My eyes widen in shock and I didn’t know what to do. He pressed his lips even more on mine and I finally let my eyes flutter shut. His lips were soft against mine as they fitted perfectly on top of my lips. I slowly lifted my hand and placed it on his cheek and he moved his hand from my hair to my cheek as well. He slowly started to pull away, but I didn’t want the kiss to end. I opened my eyes and he was staring at me with his big brown doe-like eyes and a shy grin formed itself on his face.

“Was that silly?” he asked. I could tell he became shy after the kiss as he started to scratch the back of his head.

I shook my head and responded no. When we both heard a cough, our heads swiftly turned to face behind us and our eyes met with my umma’s. “Thank you for taking my daughter’s lip ity,” both of our mouth’s opened wide from my umma’s words.


HEY SUBBIES!

Is it natural for me to get butterflies from my own story ^^

This is my first time writing a kiss scene you guys!

Hehe idk if it was good or not. I don't even have any experience :(

And does anybody else believe in lip ity?

OH YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK OUT THIS AFF CHRISTMAS SONG: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/35896/24/it-s-a-shinee-facebook-comedy-jonghyun-key-minho-onew-shinee-taemin

 

I LOVE READERS!!

I LOVE SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENT-ERS

EVEN MORE!!!! <3