Chapter 6: Calguksu

M&M's World

            Sunny and I decided to go eat out since my mom was at work which means nobody was there to cook us food. I rather pay money than eat a burnt dinner. Even if it's just ramen I could still burn it. 

          "Here it is! Myeungdong Gyoja!" Sunny threw her arms up in the air and ran inside. I followed her inside the restaurant and all I saw was people. The restaurant was jammed pack. We had to wait until a family got up and left their booth. The waitress cleaned up the booth and we both sat down. Before I could even pick up the menu Sunny ordered for us.

          "We'll have the Calguksu," Sunny ordered.

          "Would that be all?" the waitress looked up from her notepad waiting for the next order.

          "And two glasses of water," I said.

         "Okay, you're food would be ready in just a moment," she said.

          "Kamsahamnida," Sunny and I both thanked her. 

          "Trust me, their Calguksu is delicious!" Sunny banged the table with her palms out of excitement.

          "Whatever you say," I started looking around the restaurant until I saw him. HIM! Oetteokhae?!

          "What are you looking at?" before I could stop Sunny from doing anything, she spotted him also. "Ah! Minho! Sooyoung! Come sit over here!" Aish why is she like this?

          I scooted over in my seat to let Sooyoung sit beside me. Sunny then asked Sooyoung to sit next to her, of course. It was silent for some seconds but it seemed like minutes.

          "So what are you guys doing here. Are you guys like on a date or something?" Sunny asked, slightly giving Minho the evil eye. But I don't think he noticed. I hope he didn't notice.

          "No, no! Not at all!" Sooyoung said, looking at me to probably try to see my reaction.

          "No, nothing like that. We were just taking a break from our project. And this place has good food so I suggested we come here," Minho said. He was twirling his fingers on the table. Now that I was actually looking at his hands, I realized that that was a habit of his. Every time we're together he's subconsciously twirling and tangling his fingers together.

          Sunny mouthed the words okay and switched back to her happy mood. "Me too! The food here makes me so happy! Especially the Calguksu, which is what I ordered for us."

          "I love their Calguksu too, but this time I ordered the bibimguksu and  kongguksu. I just wonder how they get their noodles to turn green," Sunny shrugged and continued to slap the table.

          "So Misun, what's up... again?" Minho turned to face me. I could tell he was trying to keep in his laughter from the last answer I gave him. Why am I so stupid?

          It took me seconds to think of a proper answer, I didn't want to sound lame or like I was trying to sound too cool. "Just say some clouds, you know you want to," he couldn't hold it any longer and started laughing. I started to pout and crossed my arms on top of the table. He laughter turned into a grin, when he saw me pouting. "You know you look adorable when you pout?" He crossed his arms on the table too and made eye contact with me.

          I couldn't control myself and started giggling slightly. He pinched my cheeks, and I had to look the other way to keep him from seeing my red cheeks. I saw Sunny had this big smile on her face, but she tried to cover it with her hand. Sooyoung on the other hand was eyeballing the salt and pepper shakers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          When we finished, it was so late Minho and Sooyoung couldn't finish their project because the studio closes at five. Pretty early for something to close if you ask me. They said it reopens at 8 p.m. but only if it's being used for a professional photo shoot. 

          "I'm going to go home and work on the photos we already have," Sooyoung said as we were walking to our cars.

          "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow Sooyoung," Minho said. She put the laptop and equipment in the backseat. She entered her car and waved at us as she drove off.

          "I'm going to go home as well. I need to take care of my umma, she's been pretty sick lately," Sunny said as she got in her own car.

          "Wait, but you drove me here!" Sunny drove off without looking back. I'm pretty sure she was laughing to herself in that car. Minho and I were standing on the sidewalk, and I realized Sooyoung must have been his driver too.

          Minho looked at the watch he was wearing. "You want to go to the mall, it's only a couple of blocks down," Minho asked.

          "Huh? Oh yea sure," Sunny why!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          So we ended up walking to the mall together, nothing else better to do. We were both quiet the first few blocks until I asked him how he got into modeling. He told me that he initially wanted to become a soccer player. But after injuring his knee when a ball hit it too hard and he knee popped out of place and it hasn't been the same since. He turned towards the road of modeling when he was hanging out in a cafe with Onew and Taemin and a model scout gave him a business card for the Modeling Academy. At first he didn't even give it a thought but his mom and Taemin convinced him into it. He's only been in the program since the summer started. 

          When we arrived at the mall there was a crowd near the north entrance. Minho and I walked to see what everybody was looking at, and it was actually a couple's contest. The first prize was a four day, three night stay at Jaeju Island, all expenses paid. The second prize was a free day at Lotte World and the third prize winner gets couple accessories. How do you go from a free day at Lotte World to socks and rings? I was standing on my tiptoes and leaning against Minho's shoulder so I could see the contestants. Minho then bent down and told me to get on his back. I was a little hesitant, but I did what he told me. I felt like a freaking giant. 

          "We need one more couple so we can start the contest!" the MC said.

          Minho looked at me and then started making his way through the crowd. "We'll do it!" he said. My eyes got big and I wanted to jump off his back. I started hitting him in the back with my tiny fists. All that did was make him laugh some more.

          "Look at this lovely young couple right here! He's even giving her a piggy back ride!" the MC gestured towards us and everybody started clapping and saying "aw". "If you guys could just stand right here," he motioned to an empty spot next to a couple who was about in their twenties. The woman was very pretty and reminded me of Yoona, and her partner... looked like a total nerd. I wondered how he got her.

          Minho set me down and we both made our way to the stage. "Today's contest is going to be based on... the Card Kissing Game! The rules are to pass the cards from one table to another. But you can not use your hands, you have to pass the cards by mouth! The couple who passes all the cards first gets first place prize. The couple who comes in second gets the second prize and the couple who comes in third gets the third prize. Are my couples ready?"

          I couldn't believe my ears. Out of all the games, it's the card kissing one. They started the countdown and when the contest started, Minho stared at me. Eotteokhae?!?


Was that exciting enough for you guys! ^^

Seriously even I can't wait to see what's going to happen next lol

   I LOVE VIEWERS!

I LOVE SUBCRIBERS AND COMMENTS

EVEN MORE!! <3