Chapter 3: Eyes Twice as Big

M&M's World

          It was lunch time and I was sitting with my actual friends instead of the Shinee Crew. Thank goodness. I managed to avoid Minho in our classes, but Key always sat behind me just so he could poke me. This is going to be a long year.

          "So, how was your day with Minho?" Sunny asked, taking a bite of her hamburger.

          "It was awful! It was all awkward and crap and Key wouldn't stop poking me! That meanie," I pouted and laid my head on the table.

          "Oh my, he actually introduced you to the Shinee Crew?" Sooyoung's eyes suddenly became two times bigger than their original size. "I LOVE them!"

          "Yea who doesn't! Tell us everything about them!" Sunny and Sooyoung leaned in closer.

          "Ugh, first of all, I only met Jonghyun, Key, and Taemin. Apparently Onew has all AP classes. And the only reason why I was even introduced to Taemin was because he kept running towards Minho in the hallway between classes," I didn't know if they could hear me because my head was still on the table.

          "Okay then, tell us about Jonghyun and Key," Sooyoung kept bouncing in her chair. This is the most excited I've seen her.

          I raised my head but I was still slouching in my chair. "Key is a total meanie face. It's because of him that me and Minho almost got in trouble in our first class. But Jonghyun is pretty chill I guess. He tried to protect me from Key's poking. Then he scolded him. So yea he's cool," I poked my fork around my salad. No dressing, bleh.

          "Oh," Sooyoung sighed and slouched in her chair also.

          "I have to tell you guys something," energy came back in my body when I said this. "I had my first skinship with Minho." Most people might find skinship as no big deal, but we believe it is.

          This time Sunny's eyes were twice as big. "Yay! That's amazing, that means you guys are getting closer!"

          A smile spread on my face, "Oh my gosh, we are getting closer! I actually have to tell you guys to realize it!" I screamed out of excitement and the whole cafeteria looked at me.

          Sunny and Sooyoung both pointed behind me so I turned around and there he was. Okay, now his eyes were twice as big. He sat down beside me and waved to Sunny and Sooyoung though he attention was on me. They were frozen.

          "Sorry for screaming," I lowered my head. Then I remembered what Sunny said that made me scream just now. I raised my head and put on the happiest darn smile anybody has ever seen.

          "No it's okay. Is it okay if I sit with you guys for lunch?"

          "Duh Minho," Sooyoung said, rolling her eyes.

          "Hey Sooyoung! What are you doing sitting down? You should be hugging me," then they both stood up and hugged each other. Before they sat back down, Sooyoung tussled with his hair.

          "By the way, what's your group's theme for the next photography project?" Sooyoung asked, opening her water bottle.

          "My group doesn't know yet. We know we want white and black in it. Ya know like a contrast theme, like yin yang or an angel and a demon."

          "Wait you guys go to the Modeling Academy together?" I asked in confusion.

          "Didn't I tell you guys?"

          "No," Sunny and I said in unison. We tend to do that a lot.

          "Oh, by the way I'm Sunny!" She waved to him and showed her eye smile.

          "Ha ha, you're cute," he pinched her cheeks, which made me flinch.

          "Sunny, you're running out of water. Why don't you go get another bottle?" I gestured to her water bottled that she hasn't even touched.

          "But it's not even open..."

          "What I meant to say is that it's probably warm. Sooyoung go help her pay for a cold water bottle," I glared at Sooyoung, hoping she would get the memo.

          Sooyoung picked up Sunny's water bottle and had the most exaggerated expression ever. Even though she's a model in training, she could never be an actress. "Omo, you're water is hot Sunny. Come on let's go back in the lunch line."

          "But -,"

          Minho's eyes became twice as big again. What is it like anime eyes day today or something?

          "How come you're not eating anything? All you have is a bottle of water like Sooyoung," my failed attempt at starting a small talk.

          "Our teacher told us 'Water for breakfast, water for lunch, water for dinner and water for snacks'. But I am starving..." he held his tummy as it started growling.

          "Ooohh, so that was what that noise was. I thought it was like thunder or a monster ...or a thundster," I smiled at him when I said 'thundster'.

          "What is a thundster?" Minho asked, laughing at my lameness.

          "It's a monster.... that... comes from Zeus's forehead. Yea..." I stuffed my mouth with the nasty salad to shut myself up.

          "That's Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty," he corrected me in all seriousness.

          "No, no you're thinking of Athena, goddess of smartitude," oh gosh shut me up now!

           Once again he started to laugh at me. The school bell echoed throughout the cafeteria.

          "I guess it's time for class then. Want me to walk you to class?" he held his hand out in front of me so I could hold it. Which I did.

          "Yea, sure," we smiled at each other and once again he lead me to the classroom.


Sunny's P.O.V.

            My water...