Chapter 22: Oh Yeah

M&M's World

          I was hanging out with Sunny, Minho, Jonghyun sunbae, Onew-ssi, Taemin, and Meanie-face Key at a dance studio that Jonghyun sunbae rented so they could practice their routine for the school's talent show. He rented the dance studio for eight hours, four so they could practice and four so Minho and I could practice. It was a normal sized studio with three walls that were made out of mirrors. The floors were a light color wood and the ceiling lights were fluorescent so there was a yellowish glow in the room and everything seemed brighter. Sunny and I were sitting in a corner chatting to ourselves while the boys took up the rest of the studio. Every time the boys would finish their performance, Sunny and I would look up and start clapping like we were paying attention the whole time. The only time I was actually paying attention was when Minho started his rap. I mean, we watched them practice the first couple of times, but afterwards it just became repetitive. Except for Minho's rap of course. When they finally took a break after the four hours, I walked up behind Minho and gave him a back hug. He was sweaty from the dancing but I tried to ignore it.

          He pulled my arms off of him and turned around to whisper something in my ear. "What if your mom walks in?" he said. I pushed his face away from me as he chuckled to himself.

          "What did Minho do now?" Jonghyun sunbae asked, patting his face with a towel that was wrapped around his shoulders.

          "I was just warning her about her mother," he said. I slapped my palm to my forehead and lowered my head in embarrassment.

          "Oh yea, Minho told us about that over the phone," Onew said.

          "It was so cute," Taemin said as he bounced on his tippy toes.

          "Minho!" I said as I tried to push him. "I thought guys don't talk about this stuff," I said. I looked over my shoulder to see Sunny's head tilted in confusion. I haven't even told her yet.

          "What about Misun's mother?" Sunny finally asked.

          "She caught them kissing. Didn't she tell you?" Jonghyun said, only making the situation worse. I gave Jonghyun a quick glare. He rose his hands and shoulders in defense and turned around to walk towards Key.

          I slowly turned around myself to find Sunny standing with her arms crossed and leaning on her left hip and tapping her right foot. When we made eye contact, she raised an eyebrow at me. It took every fiber of my being to drag my little feet over to Sunny. As I walked towards her, I lowered my head, thinking of a way that I could get out of this situation. She kept tapping her foot, waiting for my excuse, which was nonexistent at the moment. When I was in front of her, I slowly raised my head. The sound of her foot tapping was starting to intimidate me. Once my head was raised all the way, I poked out my bottom lip and slightly widen my eyes to give her a puppy dog look. I managed to utter a "Forgive me?" to which she rolled her eyes in response.

          "How many times do we need to go through this?" she asked, her shoulders relaxing a little bit as she sighed at the beginning of her sentence.

          I shrugged with the same facial expression and even added my leg swinging from side to side in front of me. My goal was to look as innocent as possible, even more than her. I felt a pair of hands lay on my shoulders. I tilted my head to the side as Minho rested his head on my shoulders. "Don't kill her okay? At least not today," he said. I responded with a "Yah!" and shrugged my shoulders to irritate his position. Sunny rolled her eyes again and let her arms fall to her side and stopped her foot tapping. She managed to smile at me afterwards.

          "I want details, arasso?" she asked and raised an eyebrow at me.

          "Neh," I said as I giggled and Minho chuckled with his head still on my shoulders.

          "We need to practice our performance remember?" he said as he was now guiding me to the center of the studio. We haven't mentioned our performance since I brought the idea up in detention. We didn't even pick a song that we could perform to.

          "Yah, I can't even dance or sing. Why do we have to do this?' I asked in a whiny tone. I flapped my arms up and down to relieve my frustration. I only earned an eyebrow raise from Jonghyun in the process. He can see and hear everything. "We didn't even pick out a song!" I said.

          "It was your idea!" Minho said and poked me in the stomach. I rubbed my stomach and poked out my bottom lip, over-exaggerating the 'pain'. He patted me on the head and smiled his smile to where all his teeth showed and his cheeks become round and pinchable. I was about to pinch his cheeks until Jonghyun distracted me.

          "You can always do  Ten Minutes by Lee Hyori," Jonghyun suggested. I stared at his reflection through the mirror and placed my hands on my hips. He was sitting on Key's lap who was snickering to himself.

          "Are you serious? One, it's sung solo by a female. Two, there's a part in the dance where her face is in front of her dancer's crotch. Automatic no no," I said. When I mentioned the crotch part, Jonghyun and Key began to laugh up a storm. They were slapping their knees and brushing away fake tears with their index fingers.

          "Ignore them," Minho said, switching my attention back to him.

          "But seriously, the problem is that there isn't that many duets. Lee Hyori does have a variety of songs that feature male rappers though. So Jonghyun's suggestion wasn't completely ridiculous. The only problem with her songs though is that they don't really have a performance for those songs," Sunny said. Jonghyun stuck his tongue out at her and she also gave him a mehrong. Ever since me and Minho started dating, Sunny has been getting closer and more comfortable with the Shinee Crew.

          We stood there for a while thinking of a song Minho and I could perform. I was pacing back and forth with my hands intertwined behind my back. Key slightly pushed Jonghyun off of him so he could stand up. "We could be practicing instead of wasting all this precious time," Meanie-face Key said.

          "We're not wasting precious time, we're thinking!" I said. Key mouthed "Whatever," as he rolled his eyes at me. I shriveled my nose at him and continued to pace.

          "I got it!" Taemin and Sunny both shouted. Sunny gestured her hand towards Taemin, telling him to go first.

          "You could perform Oh Yeah by G-dragon, Top, and Park Bom," Taemin said as he pulled a towel off his shoulders.

          "You expect me… to sing like Park Bom?" I asked with a blank expression and my finger jabbed in my chest.

          "No, just sing her lines. You know like karaoke? For example, those girls who song So Hot last year. They sounded awful but people still cheered," Taemin said.

          "Those girls are so stuck up and they think they so cool. They don't even have style. They could always learn a tip or two from me," Key loudly whispered to himself. Jonghyun elbowed him in the arm causing Key to smack his tongue at him.

          I let the idea of performing Oh Yeah linger before Sunny said her suggestion. "Well, you could always do like a cool performance of I Need a Girl by Taeyang," Sunny said.

          "There's two problems with that song. She doesn't have lines and I don't sing," Minho responded. Sunny mouthed "Oh" before she sat down on the floor Indian style.

          "I knew Misun wouldn't have any lines - that was the point. If she so believes she can't sing or dance, she can at least parade across the stage ually like Dara. But I didn't think about you singing," Sunny's voice faded on her last sentence. Her motivation was obviously crushed. At least it wasn't worse than Jonghyun's.

          "That was a good suggestion though. Minho could of been like 'I need a girl' and then Misun appears," Taemin quoted in a light singing voice. His comment helped Sunny feel better about her idea.

          I turned around to face everybody instead of looking at their reflections. I clapped my hands together and began to rub them like I was a leader about to gather up her crew. "So it's settled? We're doing Oh Yeah?" I asked.

          "Oh Yeah!" everybody cheered at the same time. Onew had a huge grin, probably because he wasn't the only person that pulled off that joke.

          I rolled my eyes at them, "Ha ha, very punny," I said sarcastically.