Chapter 17: Now You See Her, Now You Don't

M&M's World

Your P.O.V.

          Sooyoung, Sunny and I were hanging out at my house on Sunday in the evening. We weren't doing anything in particular. Sunny was lying on my bed reading a comic book and Sooyoung and I were also lying on my carpeted floor, looking through a magazine. It was quiet except for the occasional chuckles coming from Sunny, and "oohs" and "awes" coming from us. We flipped the page and finally saw the games and quizzes that were usually inside: Is your boyfriend a good one or a bad one?, What color best fits your skin tone? and the monthly Zodiac horoscopes. I decided to do the boyfriend quiz first. I was never able to do them correctly because I never had a boyfriend before. I used to just fill out the answers on however I wanted my dream boyfriend to act like. Once I started answering the quiz, Sooyoung accompanied Sunny on my bed.

          Question 1: How was your last date? 1) Comical 2) Romantic 3) Boring 4) I don't remember our last date. I circled number two . The dinner was romantic and the zoo was just daebak, but daebak wasn't an answer. Question 2: How often does he smile at you? 1) Daily 2) Hundred times a day 3) He just laughs at me 4) He never smiles. I was stuck between answers 2 and 3, so I just choose number 1. My final result on the quiz said 'Your boyfriend is a romantic, charming, and happy-go-lucky guy. He will always care for you and protect you and never leave your side'. The result made me smile and I pressed the magazine against my chest, swiveling my torso from left to right.

          "Did you see a really cute outfit?" Sunny asked, looking up from the book.

          "No, my quiz just said good things about Minho," I said. I giggles and hugged it tighter.

          "Are you sure you didn't just saying good things about him?" Sooyoung asked, still staring at the book.

          "Well it not like these things aren't true," I said, my mouth slowly curved into a frown.

          "Whatever." My frown officially turned into a pout. "Don't pout," she sat up in my bed, "I'm going to get some milk. BRB," and with that she left my room. Sunny acted like she was gagging when Sooyoung mentioned milk.

          "What's her problem?" I asked, slamming the magazine on my floor.

          "I don't know, she's been grumpy all week. Maybe she's depressed because she realized how lonely she is since you got a boyfriend," Sunny said and shrugged.

          "That's silly. Oh, that reminds me! My Little Black Dress is coming on television today," I said, changing the subject.

          "Omo, I still haven't seen that movie. What time does it start?" Sunny said.

          I looked at the digital clock that was on top of my dresser. The time read 5:06 PM. "It started six minutes ago!" Sunny and I scrambled to our feet as we rushed to get to the living room. I turned the TV on to the channel that the movie was airing on.

          "Sooyoung-ah, do you mind putting popcorn in the microwave?" I yelled. I didn't hear a response, so I walked to the kitchen, but she wasn't there.

          "Sunny, did you see Sooyoung walking back to my room or the restroom?" I asked, walking back to the living.

          "No, I thought she was still in the kitchen," Sunny said. She turned around on the couch, sitting on her legs, so she could face me.

          "Aniyo, she isn't there anymore. Sooyoung get your out here!" I said. I was surprised by how shaky my voice was.

          "Omo, what if she was kidnapped! I mean…I didn't see on broken glass near the window, or hear somebody open the door, but it still could happen! And what if -

          "Hush Sunny! Just call her phone," I demanded Sunny. Her eyes were wide for a second, but then she picked up her cell phone and dialed Sooyoung's number.

          "The number you are trying to reach-

          Sunny dialed a few more times but always received the same answer. She threw her phone against the couch pillow and stomped her feet on the floor, still sitting on the couch. I walked to my room to check once again. On my way there, I banged my fist on the bathroom door a few times. No answer. When I checked my room, I noticed her handbag was gone as well. I walked back to the living room and tapped Sunny on the shoulder.

          "What if she ran away?" I asked with my arms crossed, staring outside the window.

          "What do you mean 'what if she ran away'?" Sunny asked and twisted in confusion.

          "Her stuff is gone too. She must have snuck back into my room when we walked in here, and then ran away," I walked into the kitchen and checked the sink to see if there was a glass that had any traces of milk. Nothing. I turned around and Sunny was right there in my face. I jumped slightly and placed my palm on my chest.

          "Why would she leave?" Sunny asked.

          "I don't know. We can just asked her tomorrow at school if she shows up. Come on let's get out of this house."

          Sunny and I grabbed our purses from my room. We took Sunny's Camry and pulled out of the parking lot. I the radio, and G.NA's Top Girl was playing, in mid verse. We both nodded our heads at each other and Sunny began driving towards the mall.