Chapter 20: Mr. Detention

M&M's World

          "Huh?" everybody said in unison. I took his hands off my cheek, "I'm not going to repeat myself." I've known Sooyoung for a long time but for some reason I felt uncomfortable with them hanging out. I mean, I know they're friends, but with Sooyoung sneaking off like that to meet him... normal friends just don't do weird stuff like that.

          "Uh... well," Minho started to stutter.

          "No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Just please... don't," uncontrollable tears began to blur eyesight as I tried to hold in my emotions.

          "Don't cry, don't cry," Minho said. He closed my eyes with his thumbs and kissed my eyelashes again. "You have my word, Arasso?"

          I wrapped my arms around his torso and buried my head into the crook of his neck/ His pats and were more gentle and caring than Jonghyun sunbae's. He kissed my hair and continued to it. Even though my emotions were worked up, I could of stayed in his arms like that forever.


          I tried my best to avoid Sooyoung at school without being to obvious. Almost like the opposite of being a stalker. Avoiding her wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, all I had to do was just hang out with the Shinee Crew all day… no matter how awkward it got.

          I was sitting next to Minho in our last period like always. And like always, we were sitting in front of Jonghyun sunbae and Meanie-face Key. I looked over at Minho and he was struggling to stay awake. I poked him and then pointed towards the teacher. He stretched slightly and sat up straight. He ripped a piece of paper from his journal and wrote something on it. He folded the piece of paper into a small square and discreetly passed it to me.

          I'm bored, entertain me ㅋㅋㅋ. I rolled my eyes at the note and wrote a response: Aniyo, Pay attention ㅠ_ㅠ. I folded it like how he did and passed it back to him. He pouted and wrote something underneath my note. I took it from him and read the note: Boo! You look pretty today! ㅋㅋㅋ. When did my boyfriend becoming a choding? I rolled my eyes again as I smirked and wrote something else. Don't flatter me. Do your work mister!

          You also smell pretty. Did I ever tell you that?

          Minho, stop passing notes.

          You stop first.

          OMG, seriously Minho.

          ㅋㅋㅋ

          Yah!

          Suddenly, Key threw his own balled up piece of paper at my head. I glared at him, but then I unfolded the note: Yah! Both of you cut it out! Can you imagine Key yelling in paper form? It's pretty scary. I threw the paper back at him when the teacher happened to walk up the my desk.

          "Hand it over," Mr. Ban said, holding out his hand. Key placed the paper in the teacher's open palm. Mr. Ban unfolded it and read the note out loud.

          "As always, Key's being a model student. And as for you Park Misun, see me after class," I shot Key a cold glare and he replied with a smirk.

          The rest of the class period, Minho tried to pass me more notes but I ignored him. When I noticed he stopped passing notes, I looked over to find him dozing off. I took his composition notebook and started writing down the class notes for him like the good girlfriend I am. Omo, I'm somebody's girlfriend.

          After class, Mr. Ban punished me by making me clean the classroom. I had to dust off the erasers for the chalk board, organize his papers, clean teh windows and desks. And… scrape off the gum underneath the desks.

          "Revenge shall be mine, Kim Kibum!" I threw my hands in the air and shook my head in frustration. I lowered my arms, but then I threw them in the air again, "Otherwise known as Key!"

          "Aish, why are you so loud?"

          I swiftly turned around to find Minho leaning in the doorway. "Don't 'aish' me, Mr. I'm - Too - Sleepy - To - Take - Responsiblity - Of - Passing - Notes - So - My - Girlfriend - Won't -Have -To -Go -To - Detention,"  my voice began to trail off once the name became awkwardly long.

          "Uh huh. So I guess that means you don't need my help?" he started to walk out of the classroom with a smirk on his face.

          "No! No, come back here," I tugged on his shirt to try and pull him back in the class.

          "Ugh, you're so weak," he said and chuckled at me.

          "Whatever! Just help me," I said and gave up pulling him in the classroom.

          "What's the magic word?" he smirked at me once again.

          "Please?"

          "Nope. It's Ring Ding Dong," he said and picked up the cleaning solution and a towel.

          "What the heck is a Ring Ding Dong?" I asked. I also pointed to the gum underneath to table to show him he needed to clean that part too.

          "It's an original song we're going to sing for the talent show. Don't you read the flyers at school?" he said.

          "Not really. So the Shine Crew us going to perform after the long hiatus,"I said, dusting off the erasers.

          "Yep. I can't wait for the talent show," he said. He paused from cleaning the windows like he was daydreaming.

          "And I get to shout 'That's my boyfriend' and push all the groupies out of the way," I said.

          "Boy, aren't you lucky," he said. "I wish a had a kingka as a boyfriend."

          "Shut up you dummy," I laughed at him and both continued to clean the rest of the room. Minho had to scrape off all the gum since I could barely stand to look as the colorful chewed up pieces of candy.

          We're were walking around the school so we could finally leave detention when an idea popped in my head. "I have an idea," I said as I tugged on his sleeve.

          "Say it," he said.

          "I think. We should perform an act together," I said and slightly lowered my head.

          "Wow, first a model, now a singer and dancer. Didn't know you were a triple threat," he said sarcastically.

          "Shut up," I said and pushed him. He didn't even move a centimeter as usual. "But seriously, even though it's kind of stupid -

          "I'm kidding with you. I really do think that's a good idea. It would be like we're declaring our love to the entire school.," he threw his hands in the air to emphasize 'the entire school'.

          "Don't just throw that word the word love around all willy nilly. You have to really mean it," I said.

          He grabbed my hand and pressed it to his chest and looked me in the eye, "What if I do mean it?".

          I felt the blood rush to my cheeks and I broke free of his grasp and ran ahead of him.

          "Yah, if you like running so much you should join a track team!" he shouted at me.

          "Shut up!"


I hope this chapter was good.

I wrote it during a writer's block.

And it's somewhat long to make up for the previous short chapter.

It was like six pages long in my notebook.

Was there too much dialogue? I feel like there.

And there was too much telling instead of showing.

It's almost like I learned nothing from the book "the making of a story" A Norton Guide To Creative Writing by Alice LaPlante an award winning author who teaches at Stanford University.

If any of you are serious about writing I recommend that book.

Now I'm just rambling

BUH BYE LOVES!

 

I LOVE READERS!!

I LOVE SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENT-ERS

EVEN MORE!!!! <3