Chapter 9: Violence and Eye Rolls and Chickens - Oh MY!

M&M's World

          I was tapping my fingers and looking at the clock. Twenty minutes until I could please my growling stomach. I didn't mind being stuck in class so much because it was math class with Mrs. Do. She was a friendly teacher who actually made math fun. It also helped that math was my only strong subject. I was in the middle of doing a simple algebra equation, 2x+40=3x-10, when the lunch bell rang. I was the first one out of the class room.

          The cafeteria was serving green beans and coleslaw and other vegetable stuff. I pouted and walked out of the lunch line empty handed. I was going to sit down with Sunny and Sooyoung, but Minho started to call my name. I did one of those "who me?" moves and he rolled his eyes playfully and said yes. I walked slowly towards him since he was sitting with the Shinee Crew and they intimidate me. I looked around me and a lot of girls were glaring at me. I walked faster to their table to escape their glares. When I arrived, I just stood there as they also stared at me.

          "Sit down, Noona," Taemin said. It surprised me that he called me Noona but I sat down anyways.

          Minho gestured for me to sit next to him, so I did. I'm starting to feel like their personal doll that they just toss around.

          "How was your day?" Minho asked.

          "We have the same classes, dummy," I said as I slightly pushed him. He didn't even budge.

          "Did you guys feel that wind?" he asked jokingly. I made a fail attempt to push him again.

          "You know that pushing me still doesn't answer my question," he said.

          "My day was hungry," I said and started to pout.

           He started to pinch my cheeks which made me blush (again). Then his face lit up like he had an idea.

           "Misun... how would you... like... to um," he paused and I just looked at him, waiting to hear the rest of the sentence. I saw Taemin punch him in the back, almost the same way Sooyoung hit me on the back on the first day of school, "how would you like to go on a date?" He looked like he was about to burst. His face was red from blushing and it was also tensed, and his shoulders too.

          "This is a joke right?" I asked, hoping it wasn't a joke.

          "NO!" Jonghyun and Onew shouted. My eyes became very wide. Did they know he was going to do this?

          "What they said. I hope you're not mad or think I'm crazy. Just think about it as free dinner... since you're hungry and all," Minho said. My stomach was in all sorts of knots and I didn't know how to handle it. I rocked in my seat and pinched myself.

          "Y... yes. Yes I would like to go on a date with you Choi Minho," I said, saying each word with a pause between them. I said it like I robot because I was literally reading the words in my head out loud. In the corner of my eye I saw Key squeezing Jonghyun's arm while starring at us. When I said yes, Minho has a big grin for a second, but then it quickly went away.

          "Cool... So can I pick you up at six on Saturday?" he asked, his voice calm now. I nodded as I discreetly pinched myself again.

          "Uh, Misun," I swerved my attention towards Key, "sorry for annoying you the first couple of days," he said.

          "I would say 'oh, that's okay' but I would be lying," I hoped he liked the taste of his own meanie medicine. Minho chuckled and wrapped his arm around my waist, like a semi hug. I'm trying to be cool while defending myself, and he did this.

          "Yah! I'm trying to apologize," Jonghyun hit him in the shoulder, and Key just rolled his eyes.

          "You were still a meanie face," I crossed my arms and pouted which made Minho chuckle again.

          "Key is always rude to people he doesn't know. Don't ask us why though," Onew said.

          "By the way, I'm Onew," he said, formally introducing himself. I shook his hand and introduced myself too. I looked down at his plate and it was filled with chicken.

          "I didn't see chicken in the lunch line," I said.

          "The pretty lunch lady goes and buys him chicken from Mexicana," Taemin answered. He reached to grab a piece and Onew slapped his hand. "She has a crush on him and she knows chicken is his favorite," Taemin said, rubbing his hand.

          "Taemin stop saying such things before you start a rumor. It is true though, she buys me chicken and chicken is my favorite," Onew said.

          I said oh and just continued to look at his chicken. I started to my lips and rub my tummy. Onew saw me and he rolled his eyes. He handed me a piece and I shouted yay. I looked up from the chicken and saw everyone but Onew giving me a wide eye stare.

          "Onew... never shares his chicken," Minho said.

          "How did you get so special Noona?" Taemin chimed in.

          I sat there quietly, their stares scaring me. I turned my back to them so I could piece of chicken in peace.

          "What was I suppose to do? Keep her hungry?" Onew said.

          "But Hyung, I have no food and you slapped my hand," Taemin whined.

          "I gave you chicken yesterday! Calm down," Onew said, taking another bite of his chicken.

          "Um... I'm just going to go back to where I normally sit," I told Minho. I felt the aura of their table getting more tense.

          "Okay, I'll see you later Misun," Minho said and waved at me. I waved back and started walking towards Sunny and Sooyoung. I didn't want to tell them about the date until it actually happened. Just incase it was all a dream.


Am I rushing the story?

Am I going to slow?

OMGEEZERS I have no idea!

Two chapters in one day, I'm on a roll :)

I LOVE VIEWERS!!

I LOVE SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENT-ERS

EVEN MORE!!!! <3