Chapter 23: Evil Promises

M&M's World

"Sarangeun falling nae mal hanmadimyeon neomeoga
kwishine hollin deut neol bomyeon naega neomeoga
tinaegin shirjiman imi you rock my world
nae mame golin daedapun hangsang Oh yes girl"

          I began to rap along to the song as Jonghyun played it on his iPod. Not only was the song a duet with rapping and vocals, but the lyrics were perfect for Misun and I. Wee were all sitting on the floor and were arranged in an awkward circle. What was awkward for me was G-dragon's parts. My voice is deep and his voice is well… not deep. At least not when he's rapping. It was awkward making the verse sound right when you're used to hearing a voice of a different tone rapping it. I looked to my left and saw Misun covering her face. She was embarrassed to sing Park Bom's lines which were coming up soon. I really wanted to hear her singing voice, even if it was as awful as she claimed. I finished the line with "Let's rock and roll," expecting Misun to follow up behind me. She just sat there with agape like she was about to sing, but no sound came out.

          "Misun it's your part," I nudged her on the shoulder. A tiny noise from escaped and then she hid her face behind her hands again.

          "She's obviously not confident enough to sing this," Key remarked. With Misun's face behind her hands, Sunny took the honor of giving Key a glare.

          "She can sing this," the song continued to play in the background. "Jonghyun, just start the song over and we'll try again," I said.

          Jonghyun replayed the song and I started off with G-dragon's verse. I continued unto Top's last line and really hoped Misun would follow up. Her voice started out barely audible until Onew asked her to sing louder. She lifted her head which projected her voice even better. We all stared at her wide eye once she started singing the lines "Like this,". I almost forgot to continue in the chorus and picked up at "Oh yeah,". Her voice was soft and it flowed really well, like a rolling marble. She couldn't go as high as Park Bom so she went to the octave that she was most comfortable with. I would have believed she was taking vocal lessons if she were to tell me so. We finished the chorus and then Jonghyun suddenly stopped the song. She opened her eyes since she had them closed the whole time. When she saw how we were staring at her, she leaned back a little bit.

          "Did I sound that bad?" Misun asked, still leaning. Onew slightly shook his head no.

          "Noona, that wasn't bad at all! You're really good. Did you use to take vocal lessons or something?" Taemin asked.

          "I'm good? You're just saying that to make me feel better right?" she asked. A smile started to spread across her face as she sat up straight again.

          "No! Your voice is very similar to Park Bom's!" Taemin said. Her smile became wide from Taemin's compliments.

          She turned to face me and then poked me on my shoulder. "Do you think I sound good Minho?" she asked me. I was still in shock from her voice. Don't you hate it when people say they're bad at something they're good at. I knew I had to respond or else she would think I thought otherwise. But I was at a lost for words.

          "Uhh, that was amazing," I said. She shrieked and hugged my arm. I have a habit of patting her head every time she does cute actions like that. I know she doesn't like it but I do it anyways. I patted her head and she looked up and shriveled her nose at me. I learned that when she shrivels up her nose, that's her way of 'mean mugging' somebody - another cute action.

          "Don't pat my head again," she lightly slapped my shoulder.

          "Can we go back to practicing for this performance? We did not come here to see you guys flirt with each other," Key remarked.

          "Green is not a good color on you Key," I said. He looked down at his shirt and started tugging on the parts that had green splatter paint. He was wearing a shirt that had a black background and was covered in splatter paint. "I mean as in jealousy, you babo," I said with a chuckle.

          He grunted before he responded. "Why would I be jealous… of her?" Key said. She raised her fist at him and shook it to threaten him.

          "Hyung's right though, you guys only have like three and a half hours left. We need to at least learn the lyrics and the steps to the choreography by today," Taemin said.

          Onew took out his laptop and brought up Youtube on one tab and lyrics to the song on a second tab. He then made three tabs when he opened two videos of live performances for Oh Yeah on two different tabs. All of us gathered behind him and watched both videos. Instead of watching GD, Top, and Park Bom, we paid extra attention to the dancers. Taemin was bobbing his head to the beat, keeping count of the dance steps. When we finished watching both performances, Sunny immediately spoke first.

          "Your voice isn't exactly like Park Bom's right? And neither is Minzy and CL's. I think just like how they sung the song their way, you can too and blow up this whole performance," Sunny commented. Misun replayed Minzy's version of the chorus and realized she was right. Minzy didn't run the notes like Park Bom did either. After she played that little part, she started to experiment with the verse.

          While she was trying different techniques of how to sing the song, I heard my phone vibrate from across the room. I stood up and scrambled towards my phone. I looked at the caller ID and was totally surprised. I excused myself from the group and exited the studio. I was leaning against the wall in the hallway. I was a couple a couple of feet away from the door so I was sure they wouldn't hear me.

          "Why are you calling me? You know I can't talk to you," I said into the phone.

          "Who ever takes the word forbidden seriously?" she responded. I could almost hear her smirk on the other side.

          "Well technically she didn't say forbidden. But I did promise her!" I shouted. I then looked to both sides of me to make sure nobody heard.

          "Do you even know why she asked you to stay away from me? We're just friends it's not like we're dating. I think she's blowing this whole thing out of proportion. And did she forget we could always hangout at the Modeling Academy?" she said.

          "I don't know why she asked me either, but a promise is a promise," I tried to convince her.

          "What if I asked you to promise to meet up with me Sunday afternoon? Would you promise that and keep it?" she asked, trying to twist my words around.

          "Look Sooyoung, I can't do this with you right now. I'll… I'll…I'll talk to you later, I gotta go," I said and hung up before she could respond.

          I started to walk towards the studio and I was looking down at my phone, wondering what I was going to do. I looked up and saw Sunny's shocked expression. Her lip was quivering like she was going to say something but she couldn't find the words. She scratched her head and lightly stomped her foot. She made eye contact with me and walked closer. "Why?" was all she could say.


I'm back! *sing's Lee Hyori's I'm Back* I love that song btw

THIS IS THE MOST SORRIEST SORRY I'VE EVER HAD FOR YOU GUYS.

I've been going back through my chapters and notice I say I'm sorry a lot.

I promised to myself that I would upload two chapters this morning: 10:00am as I type

My chapters got longer ---> Happy face =D I was satisfied with the chapters I produced today

I hoped this chapter filled your expectations for the continuation of the story.

Also hoped you guys had a lovely Christmas ^^ or a merry Christmas... whateva!

Brianna out!

 

I LOVE READERS!!

I LOVE SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENT-ERS

EVEN MORE!!!! <3