Chapter 4: Would You Like Some Blood With That Popcorn?

M&M's World

          A few days after the first day of school, Sunny and I went to my house to do some "homework". Our text books were open to page 12 and were lying on the coffee table while our eyes were glued to the television. My mom rented Death Bell for the day so we decided to watch it before starting our homework. She rented the old movie because Kim Bum was in it and he's my favorite actor. He's so handsome I could look at him all day.

          We were so into the movie that we both jumped when the microwave started dinging. I went into the kitchen to grab a bowl for the popcorn when I heard Sunny scream. I hurried to grab the large bowl and I snatched the popcorn from the microwave without even closing the door before I left the kitchen. I ran towards the couch and jumped over the armrest and landed perfectly beside Sunny. I should be awarded a medal.

          "What did I miss, what did I miss?" I asked tearing the bag open. My eyes kept darting from the television and to the popcorn bag. I was trying not to miss anything else and not spill any popcorn on the couch or rug. My mom would ground me if she sees any butter stains.

          "Well he was stabbed and blood spilled everywhere," I looked at her and her arms were wrapped around her legs and her chin was between her knees.

          "That's... not scary," I said slowly while still staring at her.

          "No, but it's bloody and violent," she started rocking in that same position.

          "Let's just go ahead and start our homework," I said.

          I turned off the television and grabbed her book and handed it to her. I then grabbed mine and sat back down in my spot. I sat there skimming the page, absorbing no information. I looked up at her and she was obviously doing the same. I flipped the leaf and skimmed that page. 

          "How's your status with Minho?" Sunny suddenly asked.

          "Excuse me?" out of all the random things Sunny did, suddenly bringing up Minho was the most random. Okay well maybe not the most random, but it's still pretty out there.

          "Like, are you guys friends, close friends, more than friends?" she emphasized 'more' and nudged me in the arm with her elbow.

          "What? No! I... I... don't even know," I said while closing the book. "These things take time, and it's only been like what four days," I leaned in closer to whisper in her ear, "and you know I'm bad at flirting." She giggled at me.

          "What does flirting have to do with anything? Just be yourself." I looked at her dead on.

          "I am being myself. Plus we both have different social lives; him with the Shinee Crew and me with you and Sooyoung. So it's not like we get to spend twenty-four seven together," I said, slightly defending myself.

          "So many excuses," she said while laughing at me. "Just ask him on a date and get this whole charade over with. It's the twenty-first century you know," she said. This time she had a serious expression.

          "You my friend, are a rusher," I said, setting my book on my lap.

          "A rusher? What's a rusher?" she asked. Why do I always have to explain my mind's terminology.

          "Somebody who rushes things. Like a relationship for example."

          "I'm not a rusher. I'm a helper. As in I help my friends date their soul mates," she said with a smirk.

          "Stop saying such ridiculous things!"

          "You're the one freaking out about it. Hey do you have his number?" she grabbed my phone and started messing with it. This is the second time she randomly changed the subject.

          "Yea... why?" I asked staring at her curiously. She smirked again when I said 'yea'.

          "Oh, nothing," I could tell she pressed the call button on my phone. Then it clicked in my slow naive head.

          I tackled her for my phone, hoping she didn't do what I thought she did. We were tossing and turning on the couch. She was trying to keep the phone out of reach while I tried to retrieve it. I kept screaming at her to give it back and she always screamed no in return. The cushion started to slide off the couch so I had to grab my phone quickly before we both fell. Right before I was about to grab it from her hand, she threw it behind the couch. I followed the phone and jumped behind to couch to fetch for my phone. I grabbed it and put it to my ear.

          "Yeoboseyo?" was all I heard on the other line. I looked at the contact she dialed.

          "Answer it silly," Sunny whispered, clearly pleased with herself.

          "Hey Minho," I answered like I didn't even have that fight with her.

          "Oh hey Misun, What's up?" his voice sounded solemn. Maybe he didn't want to talk to me. Maybe he heard me and Sunny screaming at each other so we scared him. Maybe... maybe...

          "Oh nothing, just the sky and some clouds," I slapped myself on the forehead. Sunny copied my actions, only she looked more disappointed.


Hey guys. Sorry for the kinda lame update...but I've been having writers block. I know what the main points of conflicts I want, I just don't know how to get there. 

I LOVE VIEWERS!

I LOVE SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENTERS

EVEN MORE!! <3