Chapter 11: The Pin Up Doll

M&M's World

          In the middle of my slumber, I felt somebody pushing me. I was too sleepy to do anything so I just started swinging my arms. Then the person pulled off my covers so then I started kicking. This continued on for a quite a while until the person grabbed my legs and dragged me off my bed. I started to scream out and murder hoping somebody would hear me.

          "I am your Umma! Get out of bed!" she slapped my and the next thing I knew my face was splashed with ice cold water.

          I immediately stood up and wiped the water off my face. "Umma, why so harsh waking me up?" I rubbed my eyes and looked at her sideways.

          "It's Saturday, and it's already one Pm. I understand you need your beauty sleep, but today is not the day to be sleeping in," she laid my clothes out on my bed and I saw she bought me a pair of stockings. "When you finish washing up and getting dressed, I'm going to do you make-up and hair. Araso?"

          "Ye. Wait, why did you wake me up at one again Umma?" I asked. I still had at least four more hours to prepare.

          "Didn't I just say I need to do your hair and make-up?" She was about to walk out of my room when I grunted out of annoyance. "Don't grunt, leave that to men," she walked out of my room.

          I slapped my cheeks to fully wake myself up. I got a towel from the bathroom's pantry and hung it up on the rack so it would be in reach when I finish showering. I like to dry myself inside the shower (after the water has been turned off of course) because then I don't get that sudden cool breeze when you walk out wet. I was in the middle of shampooing my hair when I heard somebody banging on the door.

          "Hurry up in there, thirty minutes already passed and you're still in the shower," my mom yelled.

          "Okay, okay just let me rinse the shampoo out," she banged on my door one last time and I heard her walk away.

          I shook my head and smiled at my mom's actions. I rinsed the shampoo out of my hair and grabbed the towel off the rack. I dried myself off and wrapped the towel around my body and walked out the tub. I went to the sink and stared at my appearance. I rested my hands against the edges of the sink and just stared at myself in the mirror. I started looking at my eyelids and aegyo-sal and other features of my face. I made myself frown, smile, and put on a huge grin or laugh with my mouth wide open just to see how my face looked. I grabbed my plain blue tooth brush that was made out of all plastic, except the bristles and squirted minty toothpaste on it. As I brushed my teeth I read the information on the toothpaste tube. I once read that you're suppose to brush each tooth for six seconds so I always counted how long I brushed my teeth. I went past six seconds though to make sure my breath was extra minty fresh. I rinsed out my mouth and patted the corners of my mouth with a hand towel. I reached across the sink to grab my cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. I didn't have an exfoliator but I was saving up my money to buy one of those fancy ones. Even if drug store exfoliators work just as well, I still want something fancy on my face. I spent the rest of my time is the bathroom purifying my face. 

          I walked in my room, the towel still wrapped around my body, and I looked at the clothes my umma laid out for me. I pulled a bra and undies from my drawer and put them on. I took the towel and dried my hair even more with it. I put on my my tank top and knit sweater first. I sat on my bed and stared at the stockings. I have never put on stockings before, just leggings. But putting them on should be the same right?

          "You're going down," I told the stockings. I grabbed them and tried putting both legs on at the same time. It didn't work. So I pulled the stockings off and stuck my right leg in the right section of the stockings. I tried pulling them up like normal leggings. I realized it took more than that so I had to start at my feet and work my way up. When I got to my knee on my right leg, I started to do the same with my left leg. Just after I reached my left knee, I started to pull up each leg at the same time. I looked down and realized there was a huge gap between my crouch and where the legs in the stockings intercepted. So I had to pull my stockings up right there and wiggle my a little so it fit comfortably. Afterwards, I stepped inside the skirt and pulled it up to my waist. I fixed the shirt and tank top so it was hanging outside the skirt and made sure everything looked okay. I went inside my closet and looked for a pair of ballet flats. I found some plain white ones with a black sole and though it would contradict well with my black stockings. Subsequently, I went to go find my mom, who was sitting on the living room couch.

          "Umma I'm ready," I said. She turned around and literally started tearing up within seconds.

          "My little girl is growing up," she said, trying to hold back the tears.

          "Umma it's just a date. I'm not getting married," I said. She laughed and got up off the couch.

          We walked back to her bathroom where it was set up like a professional studio. There was a medium size flat iron and a tiny flat iron plugged up and she had two eye-shadow kits sitting side by side. Then she had bottles concealer, foundation, BB cream, and gel eyeliners. She covered the few pimples I had with concealer and then applied a light layer of Lancome's BB Cream and blended it on my jaw line. She then applied a light reflecting eye-shadow base all over my eyelid and up to my eyebrow on both of my eyes. She applied a pearly white eye-shadow as a highlighter on my brow bone. Next she covered my eyelid with a pearly sand colored eye-shadow. Afterwards, she took a pigment with silver and gold flexes and dabbed it on my eyelid also. Then, she took a kabuki brush and swept the excess fallout off my face, careful not to put streaks in my makeup. Next, she took a shimmery rose pink eye-shadow and dabbed it in the outer corners of my eyes. She reached for the little bottle of black gel eyeliner and applied it on my upper eyelid with an angled eyeliner brush. She made a straight and neat line going across my eyelashes and then winged the eyeliner. It wasn't a dramatic wing, but it small enough to still give off a feminine touch.  After applying the gel eyeliner, she took a white eyeliner pencil and used it on my waterline in my bottom eyelid. She took the pearly white eye-shadow again and highlighted the inner corners of my eyes.

          My eyes followed her hand as she reached towards false eyelashes. The container read "Dolly Effect" and I looked at my mom wide eyed.

          "False eyelashes? I don't think I want those," I said, eyeing the lashes.

          "Are you sure? They'll really complete the pin up doll look I'm giving you," she said. I turned around to see myself in the mirror and I really did almost look like a pin up doll or a porcelain doll. "I can at least apply the bottom lashes and then just put mascara on the upper lashes," she looked like she really wanted to doll me up today so I just let her put on the false lashes.

          After she was done adjusting the lashes and putting on mascara, she lightly applied black gel eyeliner underneath my bottom eyelashes. She said it would make it look more natural and give it a thicker effect while enlarging and brightening my eyes. She took the kabuki brush and dabbed it in a light peach blush and applied a light layer to my cheeks. She took out a pink lipstick, which she bought the other day, and put it on my lips. Afterwards she put lip balm on top of the lipstick.

          "Your makeup is done!" She closed the lip balm and set it on the counter. She looked at the clock, "And it only took about six minutes. We're ahead of schedule."

          "I told you that you didn't need to wake me up that early," I said and smirked at her. I started admiring my face. Within six minutes I turned from an average high schooler to a beautiful porcelain doll.

          "Oh whatever, it's time to do you hair. Though your makeup is so feminine and elegant, not that much needs to be done," she turned my chair so I was looking at myself in the mirror. She started playing with my hair, thinking of what to do with it.

          "I got it!" she immediately started working on my hair. She brushed out my naturally straight hair and used a medium sized flat iron to make it even more straight. Then she took the same flat iron to create curls. She sprayed each curl with spritz to give it texture. She gathered the hair from the crown of my head and turned it into a bouffant. She secured the bouffant with bobby pins and gathered the hair behind my ears and put it in a ponytail. Then she created a hole above the pony to form a loop and tucked the ponytail underneath the loop and pulled it up to create a twist knot effect. She tugged at the curls in my ponytail to make it look give it more volume. She pinned some curls higher in my hair to create more structure in the hairstyle. She twisted some sections of the hair hanging in front on my ears and secured them in the back, connecting them to my ponytail. She brushed my fringe at an angle to give it a swept effect.

          "Voila! You're done," she looked pleased with herself and my makeup and hair.

          I screamed when I saw myself. I think I scared her when I screamed, but it was out of happiness. She was able to tell I screamed of joy after I started smiling. "Umma can I ask you one more favor?" I said. I looked done at my bare nails.

          She saw I was looking at my nails. "No, no I'm not going to do your nails. Put on some clear polish and you'll be fine," she pushed me out of the restroom and closed the door behind her. I spent what I thought was a few minutes doing my nails and making sure I had everything in the purse I was going to take.

          When we heard the door bell ring, my mom ran towards the door and rested her hand on the door knob. She counted to five to wait and open the door which is her trick for not trying to look too eager. "Minho! You're here early!" she knew it was darn well 5:45 pm.

          "Oh, well I just didn't want to keep her waiting," he said. I was standing in the living, waiting for my mom to either let him in or let me go.

          "Well don't just stand outside. Come in Minho," she closed the door behind him. "I'm Misun's mom, Ms. Park," they shook hands and she lead him to the living room.

          Just as he laid eyes on me, he almost dropped the flowers he was holding. "Mi... Misun you look beautiful," he said.

          "Thanks," I blushed and looked down. My mom took the flowers and went in the kitchen with them.

          "I guess we should get going, I have the whole day planned out for us," he said and gave me a smile. I followed him to his car and I officially started my date with Minho.


Eek long chapter lol

I meant to post this yesterday as a Happy Thanksgiving Thanks for my 

readers, subscribers, and comment-ers

I hoped you guys liked the chapter, I had fun making it :)

I LOVE READERS!!

I LOVE SUBSCIBERS AND COMMENT-ERS

EVEN MORE!!!! <3