Chapter 8: The Threat - scratch that- The PROMISE

M&M's World

Minho's P.O.V.

          I still can not believe Misun and I won first place. I still can not believe the conversation I had with her. I still can not believe I told her I wanted to be her friend. It will be my own fault if we're stuck in the friend status forever.


          It was the weekend I was sitting on the bench watching the rest of the Shinee Crew play soccer. I wanted to play with them really bad but I just couldn't risk my knee popping out of place again. The guys asked if we could do something else but I didn't want to take away their fun. I was suppose to be the referee but I was feeling lazy so I was just sitting down the whole game. There was a time out so they came over to get some water.

          "What happen to be a referee?" Onew asked, drinking half the water bottle in one gulp.

          "Do you know how boring it is just standing there and watching you guys play soccer?" I passed a water bottle to Taemin who was taking his sweet time getting over here.

          "Whatever, you're just being lazy, as always," Key smirked.

          "You need to cut the lying crap Key," I said, I tilted his water bottle so it spilled on his face while he was drinking it.

          "No, no this time Key was telling the truth," Jonghyun eyeballed me and smirked also.

          "Hey Minho where were you yesterday? We were suppose to go to Onew's house for tutorials. He had to pick me up instead," I totally forgot I was suppose to go pick up Taemin so we could go to Onew's house.

          "Oh, well, um Sooyoung picked me up yesterday, so I was with out a car the whole day," I was really hoping that they did not not ask more questions.

          "What about after she dropped you off or something?" Onew asked.

          "She never dropped me off; she ditched me," I mumbled the last part but they still heard me.

          Key did a spit take with his water and he couldn't stop laughing. Jonghyun just started smiling and shaking his head at him. "Dude! How the heck did she ditch you?" He asked still laughing.

          "Well she didn't really ditch me. I forgot I had a car and I let her go home by herself with our project and equipment," I said

          "How do you forget you didn't have your car?" Jonghyun asked. That was the third question after I wanted them to ask no more questions. Why are they so curious?

          "Just ask me what all I didn't yesterday!" I said sarcastically. I started to walk off giving the illusion that I was mad.

          "Uh... sorry," Jonghyun said, but it almost sounded like he was asking a question. I turned around and started walking towards them again.

          "It's okay, you guys go ahead and finish your game," I said as I sat back down. They finished drinking their water and ran back to the field. That was close I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          The rest of my weekend was so boring, I actually wanted school to start again. My alarm clock woke me up at 5:30 on Monday. Usually I press the snooze button another 3 times so I end up actually waking up a 6. But I hop up out of bed and started getting ready for school. I looked at myself in the mirror ,after I took my shower and brushed my teeth, for a good five minutes. I opened the medicine cabinet I grabbed my dad's AXE. I never really wore AXE before except on special occasions and dates. (Yes, I still dated even though I had a crush on her my whole life). Unlike some other guys, I know how not to spray too much. So, I sprayed some on myself and went into the kitchen to make some toast. I'm not a cook. When I was buttering the two pieces of toast, my mom walked in rubbing her eyes like she just woke up.

          "Minho, what are you doing up so early?" she must of gain focus again because she stopped rubbing her eyes and started walking towards me.

          "Getting ready for school like I always do," I said and took a bite out of my toast.

          "This early Minho? Here let me cook you a proper breakfast," she said. She took my toast out of my mouth and started eating herself as she was walking to the refrigerator. 

          "Thanks Umma," I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, thinking of a way to waste my time. I picked up the phone and dialed her number.

          "Yeoboseyo?" she sounded sleepy and annoyed.

          "Hey Misun!," The power went off. "Umma!"

          "Minho, don't tell me you're afraid of the dark," she said, now starting to walking into the living room.

 

          “That’s silly. What I wanted to ask was I am still going to school right?” I said. I felt her sit down on the couch. I reached across the couch to make sure it was her. When I felt her fluffy robe I retracted my hand. I’m not scared of the dark (that’s silly), but I do have poor night vision.
          “What are you so anxious to get to school for?” she asked.
          “My weekend was just boring, that’s all,” I said. She started to sniff my clothes.
          “So why are you wearing AXE?” she said.
          “A man can’t smell good, Umma?” I said, trying to defend myself.
          “Aigoo, Minho,” I could tell she was smiling and laughing to herself.
          She scooted over and held me in her arms. I laid my head on her shoulder as she my hair. I always liked it when she held me in this position ever since I was a baby. It always made me feel comfortable and protected. “What’s her name?” she said. Ugh.
          “Huh?” I said in an innocent voice.
          “You know, the reason why you’re wearing AXE,” she said as she my hair. “And don’t pull that innocent voice on me. I get enough of that from Taemin when he wants food or to spend the night over.
          “Stop making a big deal out of the AXE,” I said. I started to hesitate before I answered her question. “Park Misun,” I said.
          “That’s a pretty name. Now is this a new girl, or did she make the move on you first?” she asked.
          “Umma, no! Actually, I’ve liked her since elementary school. And we just became friends. I wish she liked me back,” my voice trailed off on the last sentence.
          She was quiet for a while like she was trying to figure out why I still dated even though I liked somebody. “Well it’s not going to happen if all you do is put on AXE. Be assertive and ask her on a date. I pretty sure she couldn’t say no to a handsome and charming man like you. And if you like her this much and still nervous to ask her out, she’s probably not a like those other girls.” I popped out of her arms.
          “Umma! What ? I don’t date !” (In case you’re wondering my mom has caught me kissing past girlfriends in my room. Just kissing… nothing else). The lights suddenly came back on and blinded my eyes.
          “Just go to school,” she said.
          I was one foot out the door until she called my name. She pointed her finger at me and stared me straight in the eye like she was getting ready to nag me, “If you don’t ask that girl, Misun, out on a date by today, you’re grounded for the rest of senior year,” she stood up and tightened the robe she was wearing, still looking at me in the eye, “and I mean it.” Finally she turned around and started walking back to her room. I left the house with the threat promise repeating itself in my head. I knew she was serious because she never pushed me in a relationship before and always hated me being in relationships. I stopped by the local florist to see if it was open. 
 

Yay I finally have ten subscribers. 
Actually 11 but 10 is a milestone :)
I know my chapters are getting boring.
This is the worst case of writer’s block
EVER!!!!!
(BTW sorry I haven’t updated every chapter,
I get so excited when I finish a chapter that I forget :()
 
I LOVE VIEWERS!! <3
I LOVE SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENT-ERS
EVEN MORE!!!! <3