Chapter 12: The Date

M&M's World

          "Where are you taking me this evening, Minho?" I asked, trying to sound like a sophisticated young lady.

          He caught me and my act and started chuckling,"I'm taking you to a restaurant name Antonio's," he answered.

          "Is it an Italian restaurant?" I asked. I haven't had Italian food in a long time.

          "Yep, and we are here," he pulled up in the restaurant's parking lot and I could already feel the Italian atmosphere.

          I was about to open the door until he told me to wait. He hurried and got off his seat so he could open my door for me. I thanked him and we walked inside the restaurant. He greeted the hostess and she led us to our table, which he had already reserved since we made the date plans. She gave us our menus and said she would be right back.

          "Order anything you want, even the most expensive thing. Unless you want an appetizer," he smiled at me and looked back at the menu.

          "No, I kind of just want to go straight into lunch," he nodded at me and started going through the menu also. "Hmm... have you ever had the Whole Sea Salt Encrusted Sea Bass? The description makes it seem delicious," I said. It read that the sea bass was moist and flavorful and I felt my own mouth becoming moist.

          "Oh yeah it is. But the portion is huge, like super huge," he said. I looked at the picture, I really wanted to try it so I gave him an innocent, pouty look. "Okay, we can share, just stop giving me those eyes," I giggled when he asked me to stop.

          I reached into my purse, digging for the outline my mom told me to write. When I checked the pocket I thought I put it in, I tried my hardest from freaking out. I started going through my whole purse in a frantic rush, not aware of how crazy I probably looked. I took out scraps of papers like notes and receipts, but I still couldn't find it.

          "Are you okay, did you forget something important?" he asked. How am I suppose to tell him I left my conversation outline at home?

          "No, just lip gloss," I said and put all the junk back in my purse.

          "Sorry, I would let you borrow mine, but I left it at home also," he joked. I laughed at his silliness and then the waiter came to our table.

          "Are you guys on a date? How cute. Just tell me how I can help serve you today," the waiter said. I smiled when he asked if we were on a date. I nodded my head as Minho told him it was our first date. Minho also ordered the Whole Sea Salt Sea Encrusted Bass for us.

          "That's great. After I put your orders in, I will have a special treat prepared for you guys," and with that, the waiter left.

          "Oh, we never even got his name," I said.

          "We can just ask him once he comes back," Minho said. Suddenly a man started playing a piano from the other side of the room.

          "I would like to dedicate this piece to a lovely young couple on their first date today," the man spoke into a microphone. My jaw dropped and I had to remember to act lady-like so I hurried up and closed it.

          "That's what he meant by a 'special treat'", Minho said. We sat there and listened to the piano. When the song ended, the whole restaurant applauded him. 

          "That was amazing," I said. Minho nodded his head in agreement. We were quiet for a few minutes but then our waiter came back with our food.

          "Sir, may I ask what your name is?" I finally asked him.

          "Oh, It's  Bihyul. Hope you guys enjoy your dinner," he set the sea bass on our table, along with our drinks and went to serve another table.

          "How do you like the fish," Minho asked.

          "First of all, you were right this is huge. And yea it's really good," I said. Things suddenly became really quiet and awkward. If only I had that list.

 

          "Can I ask you a question?" I said. This question has been on my mind ever since I went shopping with my mom.

          "Yea, go ahead," he said, eating a piece of the fish.

          "What made you decide to ask me out?" I said confidently. Usually I would be all nervous and trip over my own words, but I really wanted to know the answer.

          He nearly choked on the piece of fish that he was eating. I didn't know what to do, so I just handed him his glass of water, signaling him to drink it. He did, and he finally stopped choking. 

          "Um, what do you mean?" I raised one eyebrow at him.

          "Like you talking to me for the first time this year. And then you state that we're friends, and then you contradict yourself by asking me out. I'm just confused, that's all," I said. I made eye contact with him and he just sighed.

          "To be honest," he took a long pause, "I like you Misun." If I was eating or drinking something I would have started choking too,

          "You... you like me?" I pointed my finger at my chest and he just nodded.

          "I actually had a crush on you for a few years. I just finally got the guts to walk up to you and say hi," he explained.

          "Well, I'm glad you did," I said with a flirtatious smile. He just looked at me in confusion. "because I like you too."


^^ Don't you just love confessions?

I LOVE READERS!!

I LOVE SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENT-ERS

EVEN MORE!!!! <3