Promise

Idol life

The anticipation for your group’s comeback was huge, since last year when  you and the girls took the sales and the music scene by a storm with your comebacks and activities on television. You had even won some Daesangs in the end of year awards.

 

The attention everyone, the media and all of your fans, brought on every activity of your group was huge. You in special seemed to be in the middle of all the attention, with your variety skills. People were calling you the next Heechul or Leeteuk, since you were MCing  and taking part in a lot of shows. Also, of course, the spotlight was on you because of your relationship with Minseok. However, the talk about you two had decreased significantly since the accident.

 

However, they were pointing you two as the new SNSD Sooyoung and Jung Kyung Ho or Rain and Kim Tae Hee couple, you both are going to be the “it k-pop couple” of this generation. Even with the support from your fans increasing day by day, you still avoided talking about your relationship in front of the cameras, always trying to be cautious.

 

Right now, you were in the middle of going to the airport to pick your parents up, since they were in Korea for the first time since you became a trainee. Unfortunately, they had chosen the worst time to come, since you and your group were preparing for a comeback to celebrate two years since your debut, and Minseok was finalizing all his documentation to enter the army in the end of the next month. In addition to that, he was doing his last comeback with EXO before the army, so you two were barely seeing each other. However, what you didn’t know, was that he and your brother had been talking in private about your parents’ vacation in Korea.

 

At the airport, you left your manager in the van and went to wait for your parents, just to see that they already had arrived, and your brother had come with them. When you saw the three of them you went to hug them instantly. You could feel a lot of people recognizing you and taking photos of this moment, but you didn’t care. You were seeing you parents for the first time in more than four years, you were just happy to be with your whole family again. After the hug, you helped them with their bags and went to the garage, where your manager was in the van waiting for you to take them to the hotel where they would stay and then taking you to JYP, since you still had to record today.


 

The four of you were talking in your native language, when you dad called you by your real name, something that you were not used that much anymore, since you had accepted your stage name as a real one since you came to Korea, and asked about Minseok:

 

“I know that you are busy, and won’t have too much time to spent with us while we are here, but you are going to bring that boyfriend of yours to meet us, right? After all it’s not always that we are here, and we want to meet this guy since he is your first real boyfriend.”

 

“Of course, you will dad, it’s just that his and my schedule is crazy right now, but he promised me that he would try to have dinner with us tonight after ours schedules”

 

Then you went to explain to your mom and dad about him going to army, and how he would be away for two years, and you would have minimum contact with each other, except by mail, some phone calls and one and another visit during some holidays.  

After you left your parents and brother on the hotel you went to JYP to do some more records for your group album that was coming soon. What you didn’t knew it was that Minseok didn’t have any schedule for today, and he and your brother have been planning a surprise for you. 

 

                                                                                                                                    

After recording, you changed of clothes since Minseok would pick you up so you could meet your family in the restaurant. During the car ride, you noticed Minseok was nervous, so you asked what was the problem.

 

“Oppa, what’s the matter?” you asked as soon you stopped at a red light.

“I am freaking out, your father probably hates me, especially because everything you went through because of me, god he is scary, I can’t d… ” before he continued you gave a quick peck on his lips.

 

“Stop” you told him, this time taking his hands and squeezing the, gently. “Remember when I met your family?” and to this he just nodded “Remember what you told me?” again just a nod.

 

“The same can apply to my family, I am sure my dad and mom are going to love you even more now that they are meeting you in person, and I am almost sure that my brother has a secret crush on you. I am kind of sorry for my sister in law, because of this” you joked, making him laugh, and seeing him laughing made you smile.

 

“I am serious oppa, he scolded me when we broke up that time, I am almost sure that he will scream like a little girl when you guys meet personally” you continued to joke about your brother having a crush on him, just to make him laugh and forget about your parents. However, the reason why he was nervous, was not just because of meeting your parents, but you weren’t aware of that yet.

 

 

                                                                                                                                     

 

 

When you arrived at the restaurant you gave him one more kiss and whispered that everything would be okay before leaving the car and going to meet your family. And god, Minseok made you love him even more at the moment. You knew that he liked seeing you talk in your native language, however you didn’t know that he have been learning it, so seeing him greeting your family on it, made you squeal, making your family give you weird glances, at that moment you just wanted to kiss him, but you knew that you had to control yourself, so you just smiled and squeezed his hands.

The whole dinner you and your brother were translating to your parents and Minseok, and the meeting had been going smoothly. You were waiting for the dessert, however your phone started to ring and you saw that you it was your manager. Because of this you had to answer, you excused yourself to take the call on the balcony of the room. Soon as you left your brother and Minseok got everything ready for the surprise they had for you, and of course your parents were helping too.

 

“What is manager-nim?” You asked your manager as soon as you left the room

“I have some good news for you” he told you

“What it is, oppa?”

“Since your parents and brother are here, and we know that you haven’t seen them in a while, we talked with the some of the magazine producers of one of your shoots, and arranged you a whole free day for tomorrow, so you can spend the time with your family” he told you, and you started jumping in joy as a reaction to hearing the news.

 

“I love you oppa, thank you, thank you, thank you” you were saying giggling to him, and you could hear him laughing too.

“It’s okay, now I know you are with them, so you can go back to do whatever you are doing. But you just have tomorrow free, the others days you will have schedules” he reminded you.

“That’s okay, thank you again oppa, I am hanging up now, bye”

You got back to the dinner room just to see your father and Minseok shaking hands.

“What is happening?” You asked Minseok, trying to understand the scene that you just saw.

“Oh” he said surprised “Nothing, it’s just that tomorrow I will have a free day, and I said to your parents that I can take them to see the city.” He said shaking his head, like trying to make himself believe on what he said, but you were so excited about your free day tomorrow, and to discover that he had one too made you just happy, you decided to leave this weird scene behind.

 

“And he was just glad about it, that’s it”

 

“Really?” and he just nodded, and then you explained to him and to your family about your phone call with your manager, where he just told you that you would be able to take a day off tomorrow, to spend with them, and now also with Minseok.

 

The five of you continued to talk, till the waiter brought the dessert, it was your one of your favorites, chocolate brownies with waffles and ice cream. You were on a diet right now, so to be able to eat this kind of thing made you happy. After everyone had been served you started to dig into your brownie, just to heard the sound of metal hitting metal. Thinking this was weird, you looked at the others on the table, however no one was paying attention, at least that’s what you thought, so you thought the sound was just something on your mind. Even so you decided to look more into it, you were so into in trying to find what it was, that you didn’t see that Minseok were getting up of his chair.

After digging up a bit more you found a cartier ring, and you gasped immediately. When you turned your head to ask about it, you saw Minseok at your side on his knees.

“Oh god” you said with your hands going to your mouth, you didn’t’ knew what to said, or to act, but you could feel your eyes getting teary

“Surprise?” he said while chuckling, and you could hear your family laughing of your reaction

“I know what you are thinking right now, and at the same time it’s what you are thinking, but it’s not” he said and you just made a confused face. You still couldn’t form any words, on the other side you could hear your brother translating to your parents what Minseok was saying.

 

“We have been together for almost two years now, and I know that this can be a little soon to do this, but since I first met you I knew I needed you in my life, I know that on the first months of us been together I was a complete to you, and I am sorry, till today I can’t forgive myself for how I acted that time,” he said and you could feel tears starting to run on your face when he remembered about that time of your break up. “And till today I am grateful for you being an angel and giving me a second chance, and I hope you haven’t regretted, because this last year have been one of the best in my life and I know that it’s because I had you by my side. I know that our relationship hasn’t been easy, that because of our  careers we have been going through a lot of hardships, you more than me,” at this he came close to you and patted your cheeks, trying to dry the tears that were falling down.

“But I know that I want to be with you for the rest of my life, since I discovered that your family was coming to Korea I decided to talk with your brother about this, because I wanted to your parents to be here when I asked this. I also wanted your father to give me his blessing. I am not asking you to marry me right now, your career barely started, and you still have so much to enjoy and learn. We know, as idols, how a marriage can affect our careers, but take this is a promise that I want to marry you. I am leaving for the army next month, and I will be away for the next two years. I won’t be able to see you like I want to, and neither talk to you. But if you accept I will have this promise to keep me going, and to make me bare my time away, because if you let me I will know that you will be here waiting for me. What I am saying, is represented by this ring” he said picking the ring and cleaning it. “ It symbolises a promise, a promise that when I come back, you will marry me. So, what I am asking is, do you want to wait for me? Want to make me the happiest man alive? Do you want to give me the honor of having your hand? And I swear that I will try my best to make you just as happy as you make me. So jagi, sweetheart, princess, kitten,  the cutest person I know, do you accept me, accept to wait for me and I swear that when I come back I will propose to you the way you deserve, so do you accept to be engaged to me when I come back?” you could hear you mom crying behind you, and you could see the tears starting to fall down on Minseok’s face, and you did what you wanted to do the whole night, you jumped on his arms, and hugged him

“Yes, yes, yes, yes – “you were so happy that you didn’t care that your parents were in the room and kissed Minseok, it was the sweetest kiss you both had shared, and it had so much love on it. It was like your heart was going to burst from excitement, you couldn’t believe what had just happened. Minseok just had proposed to propose to you when he come back, or in better words, to propose to you again, meaning that he wanted to marry you, and to spend the rest of his life with you.

                                                                                                                      

                                                                                                                                     

 

After the dinner with your parents and Minseok last night, when he had made that promise to you, it seemed that your love for one another got bigger. You two would always look at each other, give little smiles and be attentive to everything that the other was doing. Your parents both loved how polite and caring Minseok was with you. Especially since they had seen you two interacting after dinner when he took you and your family to a tour around Seoul. It was your first time since coming to Korea to visit all those places, because before you were always busy as a trainee and then you debuted and couldn’t go out as you wished.

Of course because of you and Minseok being who you are, the both of you had to do the sightseeing while wearing a mask, cap and sunglasses to try to hide your identity. However, you knew that some people had recognized you, because you would take the sunglasses and mask to take pictures with your parents. So to make things less scandalous, if someone took a picture of you and Minseok, and because your companies had advised you both to keep the PDA at minimum, when outside, both of you decided it was the best if you didn’t hold hands or display too much skinship, to cause the minimum of rage coming from the fans that still didn’t accept your relationship.

 

The promise ring he gave to you the night before was being used as a necklace, you thought it was better if it wasn’t visible to fans, knowing that this could cause some confusion, so you would just use the ring in your finger if it there was others together, to not cause any kind of rumor. The day that you spent with your family and Minseok was one of the best that you had in your life. Even if they couldn’t understand each other all the time, and you could see that they were trying, and that through little acts they were liking each other. You could see your father and mother smiling each time you and Minseok would talk to each other or do something to the other.

 

Your mother even told you that she was impressed by his chivalry, always opening doors for you, and putting you to walk on the closed side of the walk, putting more food in your plate even when you said that you couldn’t eat more because of your diet. She said that she could see the love between the two of you behind all the simple acts that you did towards each other. After you left your family in the hotel after a long day visiting all the hot spot and touristic attractions in Seoul, you were still vibrating by all the events that had happened in the last 24 hours. However you and Minseok couldn’t spend more time together since you had schedule the earliest time of the day the next day, and he had a plane to take at midnight for the next SM town concert in Japan, so Minseok was taking you straight to your dorm. During the ride you two exchange little kisses, too in love to care about anything happening outside your little bubble of love, and did some light conversation talking about your comeback and his schedule before the enlistment.

 

“Oppa, question” you said and he just hummed making you continue, while focusing in the road “Did you talk with your mom about the promise and everything that happened yesterday? And your members?” This made you remember that you should talk with your members and company about this and explain the whole situation. Especially to the company, to let them know and have everything ready in case something happened.

”Yes to both, my mom was squealing on the phone when I told her, she said that she wants to see you just to hug and thank you for making her so happy” He laughed remembering his mom reaction when he told her about his plan of promising to marry with you.

 

“And my members, they were the first to know, they helped me pick the ring and even got friendly with your brother when we were organizing the surprise. They are all fighting to see who is going to be my best man, I think they are forgetting that this wedding, will take some time to happen, and when it happen some of them will be away with the army” he chuckled thinking about how s can be so dork and stupid at the same time, but he wouldn’t change them for nothing in this planet.

 

When you saw Minseok saying the word wedding your cheeks reddened at the same time. You couldn’t fight the blush covering your face, you still hadn’t get over the fact that you were engaged to be engaged with this gorgeous man that was the love of your life, you couldn’t be happier than you were at this moment. Thinking about the life that you still had ahead of you. Doing the job that you loved, with your best friends, and the perfect man to call yours to help you and support you through this journey that was exciting, tiring yet the one that you wouldn’t change for anything that was the idol life.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: First of all, I am sorry that I took so long to update, but uni have been a chaos, but here it is, the LAST chapter, can you guys believe? It's been more than two years since I started this fic and (un)fortunately it came to an end. At the same time that I am sad that this came to the end I am happy, because this fic means a lot for me, this is my babe, I know my writing wasn't the best in the beggining, and even after some time still wasn't that great, but I am so happy and grateful for all of you that sticked with me till now, doesn't matter when you started to read just the fact that you stayed it means a lot. There's some people that I really wish I could hug because they were always here, leaving a comment (you know who you are) or even a message, it was you guys that made me continue this, thank you so much for all the support you showed towards me and the fic, your comments made me happy in my saddest days, and when I wanted to give up they made me continue, you guys mean a lot, and I hope you continue to support my next works.

And there someone special that I want to thank, is my sweetie Lintz2, she started as a beta reader and giving me some ideas but during this time she became a friend too, she's someone that helped me a lot during the fic and became a good friend too, and she's a sweetheart, it's a friendship that I am happy that I found thanks to this fic.

I think I already said a lot, I doubt most of you read this, but yeah thank you so much, I hope all of you enjoyed this fic while it lasted, and I still have an epilogue for this one, however I still don't know when I will finish, I hope that will be sooner than later, but this is it, this is the end (hold your breath and count to ten - see what I did here? - I really love Adele and  007, best combination ever), hope you have enjoyed, leave your comment, subscribe and upvote.

 

Till the epilogue and my next stories, hope all of you have a great week ^.^

xo