Limits

Idol life

The next morning you woke up with someone caressing your hands and breathing slowly. The person seemed to be worried of you and it instantly made you smile. You decided to open your eyes and were faced with the maknae of your group, Mia.

 

“Unnie, thank god you are awake, you made us worry so much about you. We were afraid of losing you when you didn’t wake up for so many days. All the girls have been waiting for you. And don’t even get me started with Minseok sunbae.” She started trembling and you could see that her eyes were moisty from the tears that she was holding it. Seeing her like this made your heart hurt. After all you should be the one taking care of her, since she was the youngest, and not make her sad like this. She had been the most supportive of you and Minseok. You waved for her to come close and gave her a hug and trying to make her feel better.

 

After the little moment the two of had, the other girls entered the room and came straight to you, each of them trying to hug you and have your attention. After all of them had their little time with you, they sat each in one corner of the room and you started to explain what had happened and tried to fill the pieces that your manager or the cops and even the journals couldn’t tell.

 

The girls were not able to stay for too long since they were chased out by the doctor who was responsible of doing your daily inspections. When the inspection ended the doctor assured that in a couple of days you would be able to go home instead of having to stay in the hospital, as long as you would rest properly and follow the instructions given by him. You would still however, have to visit the hospital for physiotherapy for about 2 months before being able to dance and continue your routine with the girls.

 

When the doctor had left, the girls came back running with phones on their hands. They and gave you one of the phones to show you something on it. When you had realised what was going on and started to concentrate on the screen you saw JYP, Minseok and another guy by a conference table, for what it seemed like a press conference. You started to grow nervous of what was going on. Why were they there? Why was Minseok with your CEO?

 

“So as you know” JYP started with a stern and official voice. He seemed to be very serious. You had never seen him as concerned and concentrated before. With Minseok by his side, the situation was even more foreign. Seeing the two of them together could only mean that the press conference was concerning you. And the accident you were in.

 

This press conference was called with the intention to talk about an accident involving one of our artists.” When he said that, he confirmed your earlier deductions, and you nodded to yourself. That was exactly what you were assuming. But why was Minseok needed there? Wouldn’t it only worsen the situation when he was present?

 

Like all of you know, Hana, the leader of the girl group Flower Girls, which is under the JYP entertainment, suffered an accident a week ago. Accident that was caused because of the action of some saessang fans who acted under a sudden whim. These people will be faced with legal consequences. It is not the first time that idols, not only from JYP, get hurt from the action from the so-called fans, however this is the first time that they got seriously hurt, to a point of being in coma for more than one day. It also caused them to having to halt their activities because of serious injuries for a long time period.” JYP explained all of this with a serious face and from his posture you knew that he was angry. You were not sure what was going to happen and neither did the girls. You could see that Minseok, who was by JYP’s side, had been quiet the whole time, looking extremely tired, just like he looked the day before when he came to see you.

 

“As you know Hana has been dating EXO Xiumin for some time now, and JYP and SM both agreed to come clean about their relationship, since then both, Hana even more, have been suffering from a lot of hate and pretentious comments.

Because of the hateful comments, our company had already decided to take legal actions to those who continued to use our artist name unduly.

However, the hate that Hana has been suffering started to affect not just her, but her family and group members, people started to post hate comments about those who are important for Hana. The negative comments involving her and the ones next to her, started to take a toll on her.

 

We are trying to help her the best way we can, and she’s a strong person with strong ill. However last week when she was coming back to the dorm, the car where she was with her manager was followed by some fans who ended crashing their car and causing a big accident that put Hana’s life in danger. Idols know since their trainees days, that they won’t be loved by everybody, that they won’t please everyone out there.

 

However, everything has a limit, and all of those limits were pushed off in Hana’s case. She’s been judged, not because of her career or skills, but because of a relationship, which is one of the most natural thing happen to someone on her age.”

 

He stopped a little and looked to Minseok, who you could see was trying to hide his tears, his eyes were red, and this made you heart hurt to see him like this. You could feel his pain inside you. You could only imagine if he had been the one who was hurt. You would not know how to act or even breath anymore.

 

“Idols try most of time to hide their relationship because they don’t want to hurt their fans feelings, but sometimes hiding is not possible and they come public about it. When it happens, it is normal to receive negative reactions. However, the comments that she received weren’t just negative, they were racist, prejudiced and she even received threats. This is not normal, to tell someone, doesn’t matter if is an idol or not, to kill themselves, or say that their background or culture is wrong.

 

These kinds of comments should not be directed to anyone, especially if the reason is because of a relationship. Idols are people too, they have feelings too and it’s not a crime to fall in love. Partially I feel kind of guilty for what’s been happening with Hana, because our company could had released a note saying it wasn’t true. We didn’t, and now she is in a hospital. It’s because of this, that we of JYP and SM decided to hold this conference, to say that all legal actions will be taken if anyone try to hurt our artists, especially Hana, by negative and false comments or by hurting them physically.

 

So, I hope the fans out there, of any idol or celebrity, to understand that they are people too and just like all of you have feelings, so try to understand more of their sides, because they already sacrifice a lot of their lives to try to make all of you happy, please don’t make them feel bad about having a relationship. I appreciated all of your support, and our JYP family is glad to see that a lot of fans are being thoughtful and praying for our Hana to get better. We will delay the friendly support to her, and I want to say that we talked with the doctor that is responsible for her and he told me she woke up yesterday and is getting better. In a few days, she will be able to go home. Thank you.” JYP ended his speech. When he stopped, the only thing you could do, was cry. You were so thankful for everything he had done to you since you became a trainee, but the fact that he went out there to the public and didn’t just released a note, because of what happened to you, touched you a lot.

 

As soon as JYP finished his speech, Minseok got the microphone and started, and just by looking at him you could see that he was trying his best to not cry in front of everyone.

 

“Hi, I am Xiumin of EXO. As all of you know, I’m in a relationship with Hana, and since we came out to the public, we have been receiving a lot of support, but a lot of hate too. Just like JYP sunbae-nim said this hate have been in most cases directed to Hana. It’ been really hard on her, all of this have been affecting her in a manner you can’t imagine. Not just me, but everyone around her have been trying to help her. However, the fact is that this hate caused her to end in a hospital bed without waking up and having to stop doing what she loves because of it.

 

"On the day of the accident we met each other, and spoke about all of this. We like each other greatly and even if it’s hard to keep a relationship with all of our crazy schedules, we never thought about breaking up, we said our goodbyes and she went back to her dorm with her manager and I went back to my house to prepare to embark to China because EXO had schedules there.”

 

“But when I was preparing to go to the airport my manager told me about what had happened, I didn’t think twice and went straight to the hospital. Because of this decision, I received a lot of critics, about not being professional. However, I would like to all of you to put yourselves in my place. Someone whom you dearly care about ended up in a hospital the only thing that you will want to do, is to be there for this person, and that’s what I did for Hana. Her friends and I, and all the people on her company are the only ones here for her since her family doesn’t live in Korea. This, together for my feelings for her, made me take this decision to go to the hospital. “

 

“My company, members and the fans who knew about the situation supported me, and it meant a lot. And now that I’ve told why I went to the hospital instead of going China, I wanted to ask to do a special ask for all of my and Hana fans, specially to the ones who have been hating on us and saying that are our fans… Stop, please. All of this hate is hurting us deeply, and I know that what I am going to say won’t please everyone, but it doesn’t matter how much you want for us to break up, we won’t. My feelings for her and her feelings for me are too strong, and besides we are not just boyfriend and girlfriend, we are best friends, she knows me better than my members, and this says a lot about our relationship.”

 

Listening Minseok talking like this about your relationship with him made your eyes moist, and you were sure that you were going to cry. He made you fall in love with him increasingly every day. With all these little things that he did, and just like he said, you knew him better than s, and he knew you better than your members, he saw parts of you that even you didn’t know that you had.

 

“I blame myself for what happened to her, because it was my fans that were responsible for the accident. But her being the angel that she is, did not blame me even for a second. And it makes me sad that I left her being in accident before trying to put a stop to all the hate that have been affecting us. Therefore, I ask all of you to stop to spread this hate or harm on us mentally or physically. It’s not because we are idols and we know that not everyone that will like us, that mean that this kind of hate don’t affect us, it does and sometimes can take us to dark places, such as depression.

 

The healing process is never easy, especially because of the spotlight that we are put through. So, I kindly ask with all my heart, to stop with this, if you are our fans, you would understand that we love and care for each other deeply. If you don’t like or accept us, at least respect our decision and let us be happy. Thank you so much, sorry for anything and please hope for our Hana to get better soon.”

 

He ended his beautiful speech with a bow, and you could see him patting his cheeks because of the tears falling down his eyes. All you wanted to do at that moment, was to be there and hug him and thank him for everything he had been doing for you.

                                                                       

 

 

                                                                                                     

 

 

 

 

Four months after your accident, and the conference hold by JYP and Minseok, the fans had stopped to spread so much hate and negative comments about your relationship and about you in general. Your relationship with Minseok got better, and every day he made you love him more than the other. You were still doing the physiotherapy for your right shoulder, but it was already so much better that you could go back to dancing, since all your injuries were already healed.

 

You and the girls were already practicing like crazy to make the big comeback but they had still been waiting for you patiently to get better. It didn’t mean that you have been resting the whole time. One month after your discharge you were already back to some of the variety shows where you worked as the MC, and it seemed that more than before you received more love than ever from everyone. Many people started to like you since the accident, and even started to ship you and Minseok, saying you were one of the most powerful couple in the industry and that you two were relationship goals.

 

Talking about him, this day was the day that he had marked for you to finally met his parents. You were freaking out like never before. Every kind of reaction has already passed by your head. You were feeling sorry for your members that had to listen to you going all crazy and walking in circles waiting for him to pick you from the dorms.

 

“I can’t do this, what if she hates me? What if she thinks I am not good enough for her son? Or worst, what if she doesn’t like me because I am not Korean?” You were passing all the living room, making the girls groan with your nerves.

 

“Oh god I can’t do this, someone call Minseok and tell him that I had a schedule that was urgent and that I had to go. No, tell him I am sick.”

 

“STOP” Lizzie shouted, she was already dizzy from your walking in circles, you have been going crazy about this meeting since last night, making them help you to choose an appropriate outfit for you to wear, according to your words, to meet his family. “Everything it’s going to be fine, now stop freaking out, you are just getting more anxious, and making all of us dizzy.”

 

“It’s easy for you to say this, it’s not you that it’s going to meet your boyfriend’s family today.” You continued to list to them all the bad things that could happen in this meeting and were so distracted by all the thoughts in your head that you didn’t notice that Minseok had arrived in the middle of your ramble and someone had opened the door for him, so he was able to see you going all crazy because of this.

 

You were still rambling and Lizzie were ready to punch a pillow in your face when someone tackled you in a hug making you screech, but soon you smelled his familiar perfume and instantly knew it was Minseok.

“Hi cutie” he said letting you go, so you could see his face properly, and give him a kiss on the cheek, since the girls were on the room, and they always make noise when you two showed too much skin ship.

 

“Oppa” you pouted “Since when you are here?”

“Long enough to see you being too adorable being anxious about meeting my parents. You really shouldn’t feel like this, they already love you. Seriously, the only one who should be nervous is me, your dad looks scary. The day the I meet them properly I will go crazy, the look he gave me when you introduced us via face time was enough for me to know that he already hates me.” He said trying to make you forget about the dinner that you were heading to. It actually worked, because you were already trying to convince him that your dad didn’t hate him.

 

“Oppa, it’s not like this, my dad doesn’t hate you, that’s just his face. I think he likes you, at least he never talked anything against you to me. And my mother adores you, she thinks you are too handsome, and probably my dad thinks the same. I bet that they don’t know how we got together, because I remember my brother telling me that my dad thinks that you were to handsome for me. I really got offended by this, seriously, I am his kid, how can he say something like this about me?’ And now you were pouting again, but this time it was just because you remembered your brother telling a conversation that he overheard between your parents, soon after you have introduced them via face time. However, your parents couldn’t talk properly with Minseok and vice versa, because none of them knew how to speak the other language, so you and your brother were translating for them.

 

“Oh lord what did I do to deserve you? You are so adorable, I can’t deal with it.” He said giving you a sweet peck and making you giggle. Even after one year of seeing each other, he still could make you go all jelly like a teenager with a high school crush. You just heard a groan from the girls, and then saw them noisily and complaining that you were “disgusting” leaving the room. They even threw a pillow at your back before exiting the room and leaving the two of you alone.

 

“Are you ready? My parents said that they are already going to the restaurant.” You just nodded since you could feel your nerves starting to act again. Fortunately, you knew that Minseok was going to be by you side. You felt his hands grabbing yours and giving a squeeze, trying to make you feel better, and it was working, at least in some way.

During the ride to the restaurant, he tried to hold your hand, and give you kisses when the car stopped on a red light to make you feel calmer. Like always, he helped you too feel better without doing much.

 

When you arrived at the restaurant, you were still feeling giddy, a bit excited but still very nervous, as you walked to the private room that had been reserved by Minseok. Luckily his parents had not arrived yet so you still had a bit of time to calm down. You started talking about things like how your comeback and all the new shows that you worked on while waiting for his parents. Just as you were in the middle of a sentence, his parents had arrived. They looked exactly the same as you had imagined, very sweet and caring. Just like Minseok. It made you even more nervous, you really had to impress them.

 

“Hi omma, appa, I missed you.”

 

Minseok got up and went straight to his parents, while you were still partly in shock. You got up with him but you could feel your body being completely stiff, not knowing what to do. When he and his parents stopped greeting each other and all the attention went to you, the first thing you did was do the biggest bow, literally, your head was almost touching your knees, and introduce you. You were nervous just like the first time you met JYP.

 

“Hello, I am Hana-imnida, it’s a pleasure to meet you Sir and Madam.” You said while getting back to your normal position, but still remembering to be polite and staying with your hands together at your front.

“Omo, she is gorgeous,” was the first thing his mom said after your introduction, and went to hug you, making you surprised. Your shocked look made Minseok laugh and he gave you a smug look, almost like saying “didn’t I tell you”?

 

“Please, don’t call me madam or my husband mr, you can call me auntie, and my husband uncle, okay? We are almost like family already.”

After this heartful introduction it was like all your nerves were forgotten. All of you sat around the table, you sat beside Minseok and his parents in front of you. You continued to talk and laugh with his mom. She made sure to bring some cute photos of your boyfriend of when he was young, and he was the cutest baby ever.

 

“Oppa, you are so cute, omo, look at this, so adorable” you were gushing about your boyfriend, and you lost how his mother was giving you approving looks. You guys continued to eat, and were already waiting for the dessert when his mom started to talk.

 

“So Minseok told me that you guys have been together for more than one year, right?” she asked and you just nodded quickly glancing Minseok with your eyes. Every day of that year had been wonderful.

“Yes auntie, it’s been one year and some months, already” you said smiling to Minseok just to see that he was already looking at you.

 

“You are seven years younger than him, right?” And this was a touchy topic, you knew that your age difference could be a bit bothersome for some, but you hoped that it would not be for his family. After all, you both were already adults and knew what was best for you. Before you could say anything, Minseok was already answering for you.

“Yes, she is, but this is not a problem, omma” He said and glared at this mom to make her stop. You took his hand to yours to help him relax and to show you weren’t bothered by it.

“I never said it was a problem, I was just going to ask if you guys already talked about marriage. After all you are not getting younger, and you are going to the army soon. I just wanted to know if you guys plan on settling down.”

 

When she said the word marriage you and Minseok started to cough.

“Omma” he whined, you were still trying to stop being emarassed, of course you and Minseok had been dating for some time, but marriage, isn’t that too soon? Especially in the line of work you two are?

 

“Wae? I am just asking,” she said.

 

His dad noticed your embarrassment and changed the topic of your conversation fast. You were very thankful of him. Even though you were planning to marry Minseok for sure in the future, the two of you were still very young and the topic of marriage had never risen in your conversations.

 

The rest of the night was good, but you were still embarrassed by his mother eagerness.

“You are the daughter in law that I always wanted, I know that things haven’t been easy for you and Minseok, since both of you are idols and the fans were kind of handy, but please don’t give up on my son. I can see how much he loves you, and how much you love him, okay? You two are lovely, and since your parents aren’t here you can always come to us when you need a mom or a dad’s shoulder okay?” she said while hugging you. She made you feel so welcomed at the moment, that you didn’t even know why you were so nervous about meeting her.

 

“Thank you, auntie” you said hugging her back with a wide smile. It had been a wonderful meeting, even with the marriage talk, and you were sure to be leaving happily.

 

The four of you said your goodbyes, and just when you and Minseok were getting in the car she yelled “Get married soon”, making you giggle in embarrassment and Minseok whine for her behaviour. The car drive for your dorm was calm, you wanted to spend more time with Minseok, but you couldn’t since you had to be in the airport in four hours because you were leaving to fan signing of a cosmetic brand that you and Jessie were representing.

 

“So, how was it?” He said nervous while stopping in front of your dorm. He held both of your hands in his and looked at you with expectant eyes.

 

“It was great, I loved your mom, I don’t know why I was so nervous of meeting them.” You told him with a huge smile on your face, making him relax.

“Oh, thank god, I was nervous that you wouldn’t like her, especially after the marriage talk.” He said relaxing after seeing you laughing about it.

 

“Relax oppa, I understand her, she just wants to see her kid getting married, after all you aren’t getting younger” you said winking and joking about his age, just like his mother. Just like this all the marriage topic was soon forgotten. Well at least that what you thought.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:  Sorry for taking such a long time to update guys, but the wait is finished, here is one more chapter for you guys. Saddly I have to announce for you that the next chapter will be the last one, it's been almost two years that I've started this fic and after such long time it's coming to the end. I already started writing the last chapter, I will try my best to end soon, before I have to go back to university in august, but lest see and hope for the best. Hope all of you have been doing fine during this time, and if you like the fic, or has something against it, leave your feedback this is always important (even if I know that most of you don't even read the a/n kekeke). Subscribe, upvote, comment and be happy.

Hope you are all having a great week \ ^o^ /