Chapter 22

Protecting The One

“This hyung is really daebak, he has a black belt in martial arts so don’t mess.” Dongwoo did some martial art move only to end up hitting his head against the wall by accident. “You .” Sungjong stuck out his tongue at Dongwoo, mocking him for his failed move. Minhyuk just sat there quietly and straightened his tie but Dongwoo had flinched at his sudden movement. Well, he was worried that anytime Minhyuk would be able to karate chop his arm off or something. It seemed possible anyway.

 

Seeing that his son was back home, Mr Lee stood up and walked towards Hoya’s direction. Eunji, who was still linking arms with Hoya, didn’t know if she should let go or not since it was such an ambiguous situation. She slowly loosened her grip and put her hands down. Mr Lee caught the movement and assumed that the both of them were dating.

 

“Howon-ah, how about we talk somewhere else?” Mr Lee requested to speak with Hoya privately, which caught Hoya off guard. This was the first time he will be having a private conversation with his biological dad and he wasn’t sure if he was ready or not.

 

“N-neh? Errrr… My room is upstairs.” He suggested meekly and Mr Lee nodded, to his surprise. Hoya then led Mr Lee up to his room with Minhyuk following them where he stood outside the room, acting like a bodyguard. The rest of the infinite members and Eunji went upstairs as well and tried to eavesdrop but it wasn’t so easy with a black belt martial artist standing guard at the door.

 

“Hyung, just let us listen for a short while. Besides, Hoya is our friend!” Dongwoo pleaded with Minhyuk as they couldn’t hear a single thing given that the two were speaking so softly in the room. Woohyun nodded in agreement but Minhyuk stood there firm as a rock, refusing to budge. Still hearing nothing, they gave up and went back to the living room to wait for Hoya.

 

While going down the stairs, Eunji felt someone tug at her arm and led her to the kitchen instead of the living room. “Hyung… is he alright?”

 

“L oppa, he’s fine. Don’t worry too much about him.”

 

L heaved a sigh of relief, “that’s great then.” From the corner of his eye, something caught his attention and he lifted Eunji’s hands up to inspect her fingers. “Yah, this is not the ring I gave you. This doesn’t look like it?” He held her hand closer to his face and took a closer look at the ring that Eunji was wearing, like he was inspecting something on her fingers.

 

Eunji released her hand from his grip and pushed his forehead away. “This is Hoya oppa’s gift to me. What’s with the both of you? Giving me rings at the same time so now I can only alternate between the two.”

 

L felt a sudden pang of guilt. Yes, he wanted to give Eunji all that he could but he could not betray his hyung this way as well. If she were forced to choose between the both of them, of course she would pick her boyfriend. He’s just a best friend, a brother to Eunji and nothing more. He lowered his head in disappointment and softly apologized to Eunji.

 

“I’m just kidding oppa, don’t take it so seriously!” Eunji laughed it off easily and was muttering about how gullible L is before heading back to the living room. L stood in the kitchen like a confused little kid and he just laughed at himself at this ridiculous situation. *Get a grip Kim Myungsoo, she’s your buddy’s girlfriend!*

 

Sunggyu was the only one who witnessed the little scene in the kitchen and raised his eyebrows. Even if Eunji was dating Hoya, sometime he wondered what she thought of L. It seems like L wouldn’t be able to give her up so easily. And the best part was that he was the only one who noticed everything about the trio. The rest were just clueless. Looks like things are going to change in the near future and it’s not going to be a small change. With their final year in high school, except for Eunji, Hoya finding out about his true identity and lastly, the tightly knotted love triangle, everything was going to be so different.

 

Sunggyu didn’t even need another hour or day to prove that he was right because Mr Lee and Minhyuk came down the stairs right at this timing and gave the others a small nod as recognition. The two then made their way out of the house, leaving the rest puzzled about what was going on. Where’s Hoya? Did he not come out of his room?

 

“I smell something fishy.” Sungyeol announced and then made a dash up the stairs with the rest following him. With a crash, they all landed in Hoya’s room only to see him sitting on his bed, staring into space. His eyes looked a little watery, as thought he was about to cry but he held it in. His gaze was on the floor, darting left and right before he slowly looked up at the crowd in his room. L cautiously approached him and rested his hands on Hoya’s shoulders. “Hyung… w-what did you guys talk about?” L was being extra careful, as Hoya seemed like a time bomb and could explode any moment.

 

Hoya’s lips quivered but Eunji rushed forward to take his hand. She wanted to reassure him that everything was going to be okay, that everything is going to remain the same and that he was going to be okay. She even wanted to scream at Mr Lee for causing so much trouble. Hoya would have been better off not knowing his birth parents if it was going to turn out like this. It was also causing him pain. Everything seemed to happen in a flash and Hoya couldn’t even take time to digest reality. How could Mr Lee just drop such a huge bomb in such a short period of time? Who could handle the truth?

 

After a moment of silence in the room, Hoya finally regained his senses and muttered. “H-h-he’s going to… going to tell… everyone.” Hoya’s gaze went up to his friends. “Everybody will know that I’m his son. It’s… it’s going to be a mess.” Tears formed in his eyes and Hoya was holding himself back, willing himself not to cry in front of everybody. Honestly, he was scared.

 

Jaws dropped and from that moment on, the room went silent. Even the choding Sungyeol couldn’t make out the words. To comfort Hoya? To assure him? What was there to say? All Hoya wanted right now was that everything returned back to normal. From a nobody to a heir of a huge corporation overnight, this seems to much for him to take in. Woohyun suggested that everybody should go home and leave Hoya alone, with more people pestering him, the more he wouldn’t be able to collect his thoughts. One by one they returned, leaving only Eunji and L by Hoya’s side.

 

“Hyung, what are you going to do?”

 

“I don’t have a choice. With the rumours, it’s better if things are revealed now than later.” Hoya took a deep breath before continuing, “he wants me to move in as well.”

 

Eunji’s eyes widened after hearing the last sentence. She felt as though air was being out of her lungs and she couldn’t breathe. L dropped his hands to his side and looked down. This cannot be happening. The two were silently praying hard that this was all a nightmare. That when they wake up tomorrow, Hoya is still Lee Howon, the son that the Kims adopted and cared for and he is still going to be, not some heir to a major corporation. They prayed that all these nonsense didn’t happen, and they would continue their lives as usual the next day. Just let all these be a nightmare. Indeed, a nightmare it was—a living nightmare. 

 

 

 

 

 


Woohoo!!!!! Another update!!!! Thank you new suscribers! And old ones as well, I just love you all hahaha. This story is about to get more and more exciting (I hope) so do stay tuned for more updates! I'll try to update more often and of course, it's YOU guys that keep me going. I think every author out there would agreee about this that it's for the readers and so the readers are the ones that keeps them going!! Leave me a comment on what you think!!! 

Seems like there's going to be some major change in their lives oh noooooo Hoya is going to move away???????!!!!