Chapter 20

Protecting The One

At Lee Enterprise

 

Lee Kyungwon, the CEO of Lee Eneterprise paced back and forth in his office. He walked to one corner and paused before walking to the other corner. Minhyuk was going crazy seeing his boss going back and forth until he couldn’t take it anymore.

 

“Mr Lee,” he paused when Mr Lee stopped in his footsteps and glanced at him. “Is… is there something bothering you?”

 

“Well, yes Minhyuk.”

 

Stunned by his reaction, Minhyuk nodded, signaling him to go on. “But first, I need to go somewhere.” And he marched out of the office, leaving a confused Minhyuk chasing after him.

 

--

 

“Jimin-ah, I… I don’t even know what to say to thank you.” Mr Lee set down the flowers he bought for her at the burial site. He stared at the smiling photo and felt ever so grateful towards his old friend. “Thank you for saving my son. For that, I promise you I will find out who did this to you. It wasn’t an ordinary accident. Someone must’ve found out about Howon and you ended up dying to protect him.” Mr Lee kept his head down as tears threatened to fall. He felt so ashamed of himself that his oldest friend had to die to protect his son. “Even up till the end, you’re still protecting me. Just like when we were kids remember? How you saved me form the bullies.” He managed out a sad smile, “that was how we met and became best of friends.”

 

The place was starting to darken as the clouds covered the sunlight. It was as though the heavens were mourning for the loss of its people. Minhyuk then suggested returning to the car before the rain hits and Mr Lee gladly followed.

 

“Next month, there will be a social event for the big corporations and huge companies. I think it’s time people know I have a son, as well as a successor. That was what’s bothering me, Minhyuk.”

 

Minhyuk jammed the brakes in a state of shock; he looked at the rear view mirror to see an equally shocked face of his boss. His eyes were wide open and he couldn’t make a sound. All that he could think of was how the corporate world is going to accept the news that Lee Kyungwon has an illegitimate son. How is Mrs Lee going to take the news? How is everybody going to accept Howon? Deep down, he had a feeling that this would be a bad idea. A bad bad idea indeed.

 

At Woollim High

 

“Yah!” Eunji’s locker was slammed in her face when she was done taking her book in between periods.  Turning around, she found her worst nemesis right in front of her. She gave Hyeri a glare and walked back to class before the bell rang but was pulled back as Hyeri grabbed her hair. The twins each grabbed one arm and they dragged her to the nearest girls’ washroom before releasing their grip. That caused Eunji to lose her footing and fall backwards onto the toilet floor. The bullies snickered and Hyeri went forward to examine her face.

 

“What do you want again?!” Eunji shot Hyeri and the twins a disgusted look.

 

“Yah, look at this raising her voice at me.” Hyeri crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. “She’s even glaring at me now. Oh, how pathetic.” She said sarcastically to the twins. Then, she leaned forward, closing the gap between her and Eunji whereas Eunji found herself squirming under her intense gaze. *Get a grip Eunji, you must not lose out to her!*

 

“So you’re happy now? Ever since the Christmas trip, L didn’t even look my way anymore. You know I like him yet because of you, I couldn’t even approach him as a friend.” Hyeri let out a snort, “I must have my revenge for that day.  For that day I was humiliated in front of L oppa.”

 

“And I won’t let you off for taking Hoya oppa away, he deserves someone way better than you.” Soojung added in, obviously jealous that Eunji and Hoya were dating.

 

“What makes you think that I’m not good enough for him?” Eunji provoked. She was fuming mad that they just tried to blame her for their own stupid actions? If Hyeri were not such a jealous twig, L would have befriended her. If only she had looked at Eunji as a friend, not a rival.

 

Hyeri was mad as well, so mad that one could almost see the steam coming out of her ears. She raised her hand, wanting to slap Eunji so hard that she couldn’t speak again but when she lifted her hand, a strong grip stopped her.

 

“Oppa!” She gasped, shocked at the sight of a guy in a female restroom.

 

“If you dare lay your filthy hands on her, I will never forgive you.”

 

Eunji looked up at the familiar voice and was in a state of confusion when he pulled her up and dragged her out of the toilet. Her savior brought her to the garden in the school where he straightened her uniform. “Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

“Nope. And… thank you oppa.” Hoya ruffled her bangs and smiled at her.

 

“There’s no need to thank me. I’m your boyfriend, protecting you isn’t an obligation.”

 

“But still… How did you know I was in the washroom?”

 

“Ahhh…” Hoya suddenly looked awkward at the mention of the washroom. It was his first time in a girl’s washroom, he just got so worked up when he heard people gossiping that Hyeri had dragged Eunji into the washroom hence he went there as fast as he could to stop Hyeri. Nevertheless, he was glad he did.

 

Hoya looked down, feeling shy, when he noticed the ring on Eunji’s finger. He took her hand to take a closer look and realized that the ring wasn’t the ring he gave her. Sensing that Hoya was curious about the ring, Eunji explained. “Oh, this ring is a gift from L oppa! Since you both gave me rings, I decided to wear them alternately.”

 

*L? L gave her a ring too?* Hoya was surprised at the gesture but he didn’t think of much of it when Eunji changed the topic.

 

“Oppa, are you okay?” She was referring to the situation about his birth parents. She wanted to know if Hoya was really okay or was he just hiding his feelings, keeping everything inside.

 

“Eunji-ah, I really don’t know. I don’t know how to feel so I’m sorry if I made it seem like I didn’t want to tell you anything because honestly, I don’t know.” Hoya lowered his head and tried hard to control his emotions. He didn’t want to seem weak in front of his girlfriend. “I’m glad to know that I wasn’t abandoned for no good reason but at the same time, I’m happy with appa and omma, with L, with you. I don’t want any of that to change.”

 

Eunji stepped forward and gave Hoya a hug, something he really needed right now. “It’s going to be the same. They’re still going to be your family, we’re still going to be the same as we were, okay?” She tried to reassure him of that but was interrupted by Mr Choi.

 

“Yah! What are the two of you doing here instead of being in class!” The couple jumped apart even quicker than one could say ‘nothing’. They then ran back to class where Hoya accompanied Eunji to her lesson first before going back to his own class. “I’ll see you after school then.” He then gave her a kiss on the forehead before sending her into class. Some classmates saw the intimate moment and squealed at the couple’s loving scene whereas some girls scoffed in jealous. *Just another usual day in class then.* Eunji blew her bangs and went to take a sit.

 

Hoya went back to his own class and apologized to the teacher for being late. The teacher didn’t even punish him or anything because even if he missed a few lessons here and there, he was still the top student. In the level. The teacher has nothing to complain about except his unusual tardiness but that was only once or twice. Hoya went straight to his seat next to Sungjong and before he could say anything, Sungjong threw his arm around his neck.

 

“Daebak! Hoya hyung, look at what I found!” 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hello my beloved readers!!!! Because my horible week is over already (well, my tests are so that's counted even though I still have lessons hahahaa but who cares about lessons ugh) so I have decided to update the story!!!! Yay!!!! Sorry if it's another pretty short chappie :"( Do leave me a comment on what you think becuase seriously, the comments and suscribers all keeps me going :") it makes me so much more motivated to update the story even though I'm super busy and tired. (so will you guys comment pls pretty pls hahahaha) Whatever it is, just know I love you all ya. kisses for every one and thanks for a new suscriber!!!!!!