Chapter 1

Protecting The One

It was the first day of junior year for Eunji and senior year for the rest of infinite. Eunji, being excited about meeting her close friends and starting the school year, dashed out of the house with her bag.

 

“Eunji! Your breakfast!” Her mom shouted out.

 

“Alright alright! I can’t wait for the new term already!” She ran back inside to grab her breakfast that her mom had packed and gave her mom a kiss on the cheek. “I’ll see you tonight mom, love ya.” Flashing her bright smile at her mom.

 

With that, she ran out leaving Mrs Song smiling to herself at her daughter’s actions.

 

Eunji rushed over next door to the Kim’s and realized that their door was unlocked. Mr and Mrs Kim usually unlock the door early in the morning knowing that she’ll come over and find the boys before leaving for school together. “Annoyeong Mr and Mrs Kim!” She gave a polite bow, “where’s Hoya and L?”

 

“I tried waking Myungsoo up but he’s still on his bed. Howon got up already though,” Mrs Kim replied.

 

“Aish! That lazy brat, no worries Mrs Kim, I’ll make sure that we all get to school on time.” Eunji gave Mrs Kim a wink and ran up the stairs to find the boys.

 

Thinking that since Hoya is awake, she should go find him first hence she immediately ran to Hoya’s room and she opened the door without knocking. To her surprise, a half Hoya was standing in front of her, buttoning up his uniform. One could see his chocolate abs right there and many girls would kill to have a glimpse of the school’s most athletic guy. Eunji’s eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

 

“Yah, a fly might fly into your mouth if you open it that big,” Hoya said while giving a smirk.

 

“Ommo, mi-mianhe op-oppa.”

 

She blushed hard and closed the door as quickly as she could. Leaning against his door, she smacked herself a couple of times. “Aish! Hoy oppa must think you’re some kind of ert now. Ahhhhhhh so stupid Song Eunji!”

 

Then, she remembered that she had to wake L up or else they’re going to be late on the first day of school. Eunji barged into his room and shouted in his ears, “OPPA WAKE UP!!!”

 

*no movement*

 

“OPPA!!! WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE!!!”

 

“You’re so noisy! Get out!” L threw a pillow at her, which she caught and threw it right back at him. Then, she jumped into his bed and gave him a headlock, “you’re so dead if you keep on sleeping!”

 

Just then, the door opened and Hoya walked in. “Yah L, she’s serious. We will be late is you keep on sleeping. Get your lazy out of the bed.” L reluctantly got up and made his way to the bathroom, messing his hair, obviously frustrated that his sleep was disturbed. However when he saw Eunji, his frustration was all gone and he ruffled her hair before heading out, which led to Eunji giving him glares. *She looks so pretty, even in the morning*

 

“This lazy bum only listens to you, oppa. You’re the best!” Eunji gave Hoya the thumbs up.

 

At Woolim High

 

The rest of infinite and Eunji met up on the way to school and they walked in together with the fan girls screaming at the sight of them. Infinite are the kingkas with Sunggyu being the leader and Sungjong the maknae of the group. They all walked in coolly except for Woohyun who loved the attention and he was winking and throwing hearts at the girls who were squealing. Even though Eunji hung out with them often, she wishes that she had more girl friends to hang out with. Sadly, most girls hate her for being close to infinite and those that actually managed to get close to her only wanted to be friends with her so that they could get close to infinite. In the end, she had no one but her oppas.

 

“What’s with that Song Eunji, why does she get to be so close to infinite and especially MY L.” Lee Hyeri, one of the queenkas in school said loudly for her to hear as they walked past. Hyeri was one of those that hated Eunji for no apparent reason as one can tell. Eunji almost flew over to fight Hyeri for saying such mean comments but Hoya put his arm around her and calmed her down. “It’s okay, don’t make her happy for spiting you Eunji.”

 

Hoya was very caring in that way. He’s always there for Eunji, for her first crush, to her first boyfriend and her first heartbreak. However, he did not feel anything other than being a brother to Eunji. L, on the other hand, had this major crush on Eunji that she doesn’t know about. Heck, nobody knows about it. He cares about her so much more but he is too afraid of showing that he cares, in case she finds out about his crush. He remembered when she had her first boyfriend how dejected he was and he actually went to confront the guy just to make sure that he was serious about Eunji. Turns out, the guy was a douchebag and L had scared him off, which had led to her first heartbreak. L regretted his secret actions but he was always glad that the guy broke it off before she could fall deeper.

 

Lee Hyeri is a queenka in Woolim High together with two of her good friends. They were seniors in Woolim High as well. She likes L and she’s definitely not afraid of showing her affection. Also, she’s the daughter of the CEO of Lee Enterprise therefore, she throws her weight around and expects people around to serve her and give in to her. In short, she’s a bratty little kid.

During lunch, infinite and Eunji gathered at their usual table and were acting their usual goofy selves.

 

“Yah Lee Sungjong! Can you stop kicking me!”

 

“Stop calling me ‘yah’ Sunggyu hyung! Mr Choi was very annoying today and I’m frustrated! And it’s only the first day! I need to vent my anger!”

 

“Awww poor Sungjong oppa, it’s okay, it’s your last year, you should have fun!” Eunji comforted him. Sungjong gave a pout and continued poking his food and kicking Sunggyu, earning him a smack on his head from the leader. Meanwhile, Woohyun and Dongwoo were stealing each other’s food, making a mess at the table.

 

Hyeri then strode over with her two other friends and they started joining infinite for lunch.

 

“If I remember correctly, this is our table since our first year here so what are you outsiders doing here?” Sunggyu asked sarcastically.

 

“Oppa, since we’re the queenkas and you guys are the kingkas, we should be sitting together and not with some loser.” Yoojung, one of the queenkas said while tugging onto Sunggyu’s arm. It was clear whom she fancies in the group. The leader released himself from her and cleared his throat while giving his usual intimidating stare, “Get. The. Hell. Away. From. Our. Table. Oh and that loser you were talking about, I think it’s you.” Yoojung scoffed and walked away, feeling upset that her advances were rejected by her crush.

 

“L oppa, I will make you come to me one day, just wait.” Hyeri winked and turned to Eunji to give her a deadly glare. Then, she left to get Yoojung.

 

“Guys, she sounds like she’s planning something.” Dongwoo pointed out.

 

“We shall see.” L replied after being silent for so long. He was angry at her words. *Like hell I would go to you, the only person I would go to is Eunji*

 

Eunji felt a pang in her heart, she knew she wasn’t as popular as infinite yet she get to hang out with them everyday. It was only because she was childhood friends with L and Hoya but the boys were inseparable as well. A hand laid on her shoulder, “Don’t worry about it, if anyone is the loser, it’s them. Not you. You are never a loser.” Hoya gave her a comforting smile and ruffled her hair.

 

“Yeah! Sungyeol oppa will kick their if you want me to!” Sungyeol then proceeded to show off a few actions only to spill food all over the table.

 

“Yah! Look at you! You’re wasting food! If you’re not going to eat then I am!” Woohyun spoke as he tried to take Sungyeol’s food away.

 

Eunji softened and laughed, “thanks oppas.”

 

L gave Eunji a look and continued eating. She didn’t know that L was watching her and Hoya the entire time. He tensed up when Hoya put his arm around her. *I should be the one doing that. Damn it Myungsoo, why are you such a coward? One day, one day I will confess to you and show you that I can be the one that you’re looking for. Just wait for me Eunji.*

 

 

 


First chapter up! Sorry if there's any grammar mistake or spelling mistakes! Do let me know what you guys think!