Why?

Jonghyun her Boyfriend (Sequel to Jonghyun the Genie)

When Jonghyun reached home after his job at the club, he saw Ji Eun already sleeping. Her brows were furrowed, and her face looked haggard and weary.

He flinched. *She's working too hard, trying to pay off the debts.*

He did a mental calculation. His job as a stripper at the club would be sufficient to bring her out on dates, as originally intended.

But now that there were these bills to be paid every month, it was not enough. Together with Ji Eun's salary, they were going to need some more help before going debt free.

He needed the second job to help her. He can't afford to wait till they officially debuted and became globally recognized.

If his Ji Eun baby had to work herself out until then, he would rather give up his own dream instead.

"I'll protect you, Ji Eun baby." he whispered.




Ji Eun ended her shift early. Hana had insisted that she take over. Shindong and Eunhyuk were goig for Strong Heart again, and Hana wanted her own time to talk to Eunhyuk personally.

Ji Eun twisted her lips. *I wonder how that blonde superstar is going to take rejection.*

She felt happy for Onew, since it was obvious who Hana had chosen in the end. But she decided not to spoil the fun and tell him just yet.

Ji Eun entered the SM building, wanting to visit her fellow SHINee boys and f(x) girls. But mainly, she missed Jonghyun and she wanted to see him.

But she couldn't tell him that. She giggled when she imagined his smug expression if he knew.

She walked through the doors just as Jonghyun walked out from the other. They missed each other, just like in the movies. Jonghyun sighed softly to himself, assuring himself that it was the right thing to do.

*For Ji Eun baby.* he thought. *Anything is worth it.*

Ji Eun skipped to the SHINee's practice room, only to find four broken souls huddled on the floor or the practice room.

She frowned. "What happened here?" she sensed the thick tension. "Where's Jonghyun?" she looked around.

Onew looked at her sadly. "He decided to pull out from SM."

Ji Eun stiffened. She couldn't believe what she just heard. "What?" she gasped.

Key sobbed lightly. "We don't know why as well." he admitted. "I thought I was great that five of us could work together for a common goal, but it won't be the same if Jonghyun isn't here with us."

Taemin was crying wildly. "They said that they're going to find another lead singer for SHINee!" he wailed. "But no one is to join SHINee besides us five!"

Ji Eun couldn't process what she just heard. Why did Jonghyun pull out? Everyday at night, she would smile as she listened to him babble about practice.

Initially he was afraid of the hard work, but now, she could sense his passion in singing and dancing. She loved how he was striving for a dream.

But why would he give it all up right now? This was ridiculous.

"I'm going to find Jonghyun." she muttered as she bolted out of the room.

She collided with Yunho who was just walking past. He had already come to terms with Krystal being officially taken by Kyuhyun and became a great Sunbae to SHINee and f(x), even getting close to Ji Eun.

"Ji Eun!" Yunho exclaimed, "You're here today?" he beamed. "If you're here I'm assuming Jonghyun is here as well?"

Ji Eun frowned. "What do you mean Jonghyun is here as well?" she asked. "Besides today, he's always here isn't he?"

Yunho look shocked that she didn't know. "He didn't coke for practice these past few days." he told her. "I don't know why as well, but I don't think it's advisable since their debut is coming soon. Tell him that will you?"

Ji Eun clenched her jaw and ran off. Her mind was in a whirl and she felt a whirlpool of emotions.

Memories of when Jonghyun was too much a lazy brat surfaced in her mind. Did Jonghyun fall back to his princely ways again? Did he want to play all day long again instead of working hard?

She whipped out her phone and dialed his number. "Ji Eun baby!" he answered at the first ring.

"Jonghyun." Ji Eun asked in a stern voice. "Why did you pull out of SM?"

She could hear Jonghyun take a sharp intake of breath. "How did you know?" he asked in a serious voice.

"Don't care how I know!" Ji Eun screamed. "Just tell me why you did it!"

She waited a few seconds, hearing Jonghyun's uneven breath on the other side.

"It's not for you to know, baby." was all he said before he hung up.

Ji Eun stared at the phone in disbelief. This has just confirmed her doubts that Jonghyun was fooling around and wasting his life away once again.

And this time, she was doubly disappointed.