Her ignorance

Jonghyun her Boyfriend (Sequel to Jonghyun the Genie)

Ji Eun stepped into the house, coming back from the supermarket that was located near to her apartment. She didn't suspect anything was wrong as she set the groceries down on the table.

She expected Jonghyun to come attack her with a hug or kisses, but instead, he threw an envelope at her, his face dark and hard.

Ji Eun raised her brows as she opened the letter.

It was the ticket Minwoo had given her with his note attached. She blushed slightly at how Minwoo called himself her "boyfriend." She shook her head inwardly. *That dongsaeng just doesn't learn.*

"What is the meaning of this?" Jonghyun demanded.

Ji Eun blinked at him. "What meaning?"

Jonghyun looked hurt. "This!" he exclaimed agitatedly. "This going out on movies and dinner with Minwoo thing. This having dates and receiving gifts from Minwoo thing. This Minwoo acting more like a boyfriend to you than Jonghyun thing!"

Ji Eun looked shocked. "You thought that me.. and him...?" she frowned. "That's impossible Jonghyun, I thought you knew that."

Jonghyun looked away. He was glad that he had sent the SHINee boys out. He didn't want them seeing Ji Eun and him in a fight. "I thought that." Jonghyun whispered. He was afraid that if he spoke, he would give out how hurt he was.

"I thought that nothing would get in the way of our relationship since we have come this far." Jonghyun continued, choking. "I thought that if someone else tries to make a move on you, you'll show them that you already have me. I thought that you wouldn't give any other guy any hope, because you love me, and you only want me."

"That's true!" Ji Eun protested.

"No." Jonghyun bit his lip to prevent himself from shouting at her. "If you had really loved me, you wouldn't have let this Minwoo guy take you out to dates. To let him give you flowers. To let him call you his boyfriend. Do you know how much it hurts me?" he asked, his voice cracking.

"Jonghyun..." Ji Eun frowned and tried to approach him but he took a step back. "I.. I don't think that way of Minwoo. And I don't think he thinks that way of me either! He's just my dongsaeng that treats his noona really well! Nothing more!"

Jonghyun closed his eyes for a moment. "I'll be going out to take a breather." he choked as he stormed out of the house.

Ji Eun flinched. It was the first time she had seen Jonghyun not happy and goofing around. Was he that affected by Minwoo and her relationship? But they were just friends!

At least.. to her.




"Oh my Ji Eun ah!" Victoria shook her head. "How could you have done that!"

Ji Eun looked puzzled. "What?"

Sulli shook her head in disappointment. "You know, trust issues don't only happen when a guy gets close to girls. It also happens when the girls has close guys friends. And that's what is happening to you and Jonghyun." she told Ji Eun. "And the worst thing about it is that, Ji Eun unnie, you aren't doing anything to assure Jonghyun of his place as your boyfriend."

"But he knows that he is my boyfriend!" Ji Eun exclaimed exasperated.

"Yeah," Krystal nodded. "But sometimes, even guys need some form of affirmation. It isn't that he doesn't trust you, but you aren't doing anything that proves to him that trusting you is correct."

"I guess Jonghyun had wanted to do all those things Minwoo was doing with you." Amber added. Ji Eun looked at her curiously. Amber sighed and continued. "I had a few words exchanged with him yesterday at practice, he said he was envious of Minwoo, because he seemed more of a boyfriend to you than Minwoo."

"Don't you realise, Ji Eun?" Luna asked. "The things you are doing with Minwoo, Jonghyun wants to be the one in Minwoo's place instead. It isn't that he doesn't allow you to hang out with other guys, the fact that he has only brought this up now shows that he is tolerant. But there is a limit to his tolerance."

"But Minwoo and I are just in a noona-dongsaeng relationship!" Ji Eun protested.

Victoria gave her a look. "That's what you think." she scoffed. "But is that what Minwoo thinks as well. As far as I can see, the way he treats you is really how he treats a real girlfriend. You have a boyfriend Ji Eun, you have to keep your other suitors away. You have to be obvious that you are taken."

Ji Eun lowered her gaze. "I didn't know it would affect him that much." she whispered brokenly. "I thought that we were only in a friendly relationship so it didn't matter. Sometimes I do feel that Minwoo is treating me too well, and I told him not to, but he insists. I didn't think that Jonghyun would feel insecure."

Sulli patted her shoulder. "Now you know, so go set things right unnie."