Absent

Jonghyun her Boyfriend (Sequel to Jonghyun the Genie)

Ji Eun and Jonghyun were extra lovey dovey for the next few days, much to SHINee's irritation and f(x)'s delight. The guys were just disgusted whenever the JongEun couple kiss and hug, but the f(x) girls would squeal like they were watching some korean romantic drama.

Ji Eun had only seen Minwoo at backstage of music events when both Super Junior and Boyfriend were present. However, she made it a point that there was another person with them, be it the Boyfriend members or Super Junior oppas.

Minwoo didn't know what brought about the sudden change in his noona, but his genie did. And hell was she pissed.

But she decided to wait and see before taking action. This was what made Gyuri different from Jonghyun and Krystal when they were genies.

Jonghyun and Krystal would let their feelings lead their actions, but Gyuri wouldn't. No matter how pissed and angry she was, she would wait. Wait and plan till the last moment, when the opportunity strikes.

And when that happens, she wouldn't fail.

Hence, ignorant to what was about to happen to them, Jonghyun and Ji Eun still continued enjoying their time together. Everyday was a honey moon to them. Even if they didn't go on dates, even if they just cuddled for five minutes in bed before sleeping, it was happy,

Jonghyun entered the room, after making sure that the SHINee members were already fast asleep. He had changed into his matching pyjamas he had with Ji Eun, and was ready to get to bed.

When he opened the door, he saw Ji Eun jump and stuff something into her bedside drawer. He frowned slightly. "What's that?" he asked curiously.

Ji Eun smiled awkwardly. "Nothing much Jonghyun." she waved it off. "Wow you look cute in that pyjamas!" she praised.

Jonghyun grinned. "Of course." he said smugly. But it didn't go unnoticed by him that she changed the subject, and more so that it was weird for her to be talking about that pyjamas when it wasn't the first time they wore it.

"Go change and let's go to sleep." Jonghyun told her.

Ji Eun nodded and glanced at the bedside drawer, before going into the bathroom. Once the bathroom's door was closed, Jonghyun immediately rushed over to see what it was that Ji Eun was keeping from him.

He was thinking something along the lines of Minwoo giving her love letters and all or maybe even worse, she got another suitor.

But instead, he found a stack of bills.

Phone bills, electricity bills, water bills, rent, and more. Jonghyun's eyes widened when he realised how heavy the financial burden for Ji Eun was, when SHINee started staying with her.

Water and Electricity was increased by another five times. Phone bills too when Key gossiped with Amber, and Onew called Hana. Everything went up, and even the owner of the house wanted to increase the rent.

Jonghyun's brows furrowed. *What is baby doing? She's facing all these difficulties and she isn't saying anything to me at all?*

Jonghyun heard Ji Eun turning off the tap and he quickly stuffed the bills into the drawer again. He jumped on to the bed and laid down, just as Ji Eun came out.

He smiled gently and patted the space beside him. "Come on, let's go to sleep."

Ji eun nodded and bounded for his arms, which wrapped protectively around her. Soon enough, she fell asleep in that comfortable position.

Jonghyun her hair as a painful expression appeared on his face. *Why don't you tell me what you're going through baby? I don't want you to go through all these yourself.*

He pecked her temple softly. "Don't worry. I'll help you with it."




"You aren't going today?" Onew frowned. "Why?"

Jonghyun sighed softly. "Ji Eun baby's in debt." he explained.

The SHINee boys frowned worriedly. "Debt?" Taemin gasped. "What happened!"

"The bills are piling up." Jonghyun bit his lip. "After we became human, it meant that another five people were staying with her. The groceries became five times as much, so did electricity and water. Her measly pay as a make up artist isn't enough for her to support all of us."

"So you're going to skip practices again?" Key asked, obviously displeased.

Jonghyun nodded. "I hope you understand." he sighed. "It'll be temporary. Once I get enough money, I'll go back to practice. For these few days at least, I'll try to juggle two jobs and earn as much as possible."

Minho patted Jonghyun's shoulder. "Fine hyung." he agreed. "But don't you want us to help too?"

Jonghyun smiled. "Thanks for offering." he grinned. "But no. I'm Ji Eun's boyfriend, I'll take care of it. Besides, our debut is coming in less than a month, you guys must practice."

"Then what about yourself?" Key asked.

Jonghyun shrugged. "I'll manage." he insisted. He looked at all of them. "So please don't tell Ji Eun baby."

Onew nodded. "We won't."

Jonghyun sighed to himself. *I won't let you suffer alone JI Eun baby. I'll be the boyfriend you can rely on."