Chapter Seven

I Need U

Chapter Seven

Taehyung/V

            Taehyung woke up to a knock on the door. He was about to get up when he saw Jungkook rush to the door. The boy mouthed hide, before placing his hand on the door knob. Trusting Jungkook’s word, Taehyung ran into the bathroom. As he heard Jungkook saying something to someone he tried to get dressed as quietly as possible. If it was the cops he was not going to be running away in just a bathrobe, however the door closed soon after and he heard Jungkook say, “The coast is clear.” Taehyung decided to skip out on the shirt and walked back into the main part of their motel room with just a pair of jeans and socks on.

            He was surprised to see some take-out bags on the nightstand next to the bed, how did Jungkook manage that?

            “Did the owner give that to you?” Taehyung asked seating himself back on the bed next to Jungkook. That was awfully nice of him to bring food after they came in dripping wet. Something wasn’t right here.

            “No he didn’t…V I have to tell you something but you have to listen to me alright? You need to follow every single order that I give you.” Jungkook said, his eyes hard and serious.

            “Y…Yea I told you I would yesterday. Also I’m really sorry about that I didn’t want to drag anyone else into my mess and I wasn’t thinking, well I was I was just thinking too much and-” Taehyung rambled before Jungkook shouted at him.

“Listen to me! There are people outside that want you okay? And no it isn’t the cops it’s much worse alright.” Jungkook said, his fists balled up. It was then that Taehyung noticed the makeshift bandage that was wrapped around his hands.

“What happened?” Taehyung asked, suddenly scared. Jungkook hated the cops and Taehyung figured nothing was worse than them but what did he know. To see Jungkook so riled up, so tense it had to be serious.

“The owner that runs this place, he’s involved with some really shady . I went to go see the owner to ask about the area in case we needed to run again,” Jungkook lied before saying, “But I ran into him being held at gun point. Before I could escape someone grabbed me. It turns out some drug lord is staying here. So far I’m pretty sure he deals with not only drugs but es. You are extremely lucky that I handled the situation as best I could or you would be in a place far worse than a prison cell.” Jungkook said. He wasn’t laughing and Jungkook didn’t seem like the type to joke around. Could his life be anymore messed up? First the thing with his father, then having to run away and now this. Taehyung must have been a very bad person in his previous life because this just didn’t make sense to him.

“Wait, then why didn’t the like hurt you or whatever? And how did they know about me, not that I would want to leave you like that because that would be very rude.”

Sighing, Jungkook ran a hand over his face before blinking tiredly at V. “Because the drug lord was impressed by me. I took care of a problem for him and now he wants me to continue to help him.”

            “You aren’t seriously considering helping him are you? That is like the dumbest idea I can think of.” Taehyung said, throwing his hands in the air exasperated.

            “Oh yea and running from the cops is such a great idea? Look I just saved your , this time literally speaking. The owner opened his big fat mouth thinking it would save him and said that my boyfriend was staying with me. The deal was for me to kick the owner’s , and they would leave us alone as long as I helped him out, which I’m going to do. Think of it as a job. I just need enough money to get us away from here, and then we are splitting up. You are way too much trouble.”

            “But I didn’t even do anything this time,” Taehyung grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest defensively.

            “Ugh just shut up! Here eat this,” Jungkook said, before passing a burger to Taehyung. “I would very much like to eat in silence today.” Jungkook said before taking a bite from his burger.

            “But how do you know it’s not poisoned?” Taehyung asked staring at the greasy, but delicious smelling burger.

            “Well seeing as he needs me he wouldn’t drug my food, yours on the other hand who knows.” Jungkook said shrugging his shoulders as he took another bite.

            “Yea…but he wouldn’t know who was gonna eat what.” Right?

            “Maybe I knew before hand and want him to drug you so you can get out of my hair.”

            Dropping his burger on the ground Taehyung stared at Jungkook. He wouldn’t would he? Thinking he would have to skip a mean Taehyung noticed the slightest up turn of Jungkook’s lips. Jungkook had made a joke. Picking his food up Taehyung pouted before saying, “Not funny.” As they ate in Jungkook’s much needed silence, Taehyung was happy. Sure they had just gotten into a boatload of more trouble, but having Jungkook there smiling even, it made it all alright easier to bear.