Chapter Four Part One

I Need U

Chapter Four

Taehyung/V

            Taehyung woke up to a startling crash, and the sound of dogs barking. Opening his eyes Taehyung could see the lights of police cars just outside the factory windows, they had been found. Searching frantically in the dark he saw Jungkook who also seemed to wake up from the noise.

            “We have got to get out of here, I know a way but we have to hurry. Can you run?” Taehyung asked quietly, the adrenaline in his body being the only thing keeping him even remotely calm. Jungkook nodded at him, and Taehyung took at cue to tell Jungkook to wait while he jumped down the chute to the basement to grab his belongs, quickly removing the bricks from the wall and grabbing the rolled up wades of cash. He shoved everything he could into a backpack and went back up the ladder.

Jungkook was standing and looked slightly scared, even having been used to these situations it never got easier. Taehyung grabbed Jungkook’s hand and they proceeded to run, staying in the shadows as best they could. The fact that the dogs were their made it much more difficult but Taehyung knew a way to were the dogs wouldn’t be able to catch them. The factory was connected to an old pipe line that ran below the city, and out further into the country. It was how they used to get rid of things for cheap without the main company knowing before they of course got caught and the whole place shut down. If they were lucky the tunnel was still open, but Taehyung wasn’t going to bet on it. It was their only option however, so when he got to the old rusty covered water drain Taehyung slipped off the cover and pulled Jungkook into the night.

Jungkook

            When Jungkook first woke up he heard the dogs first, and then the familiar sounds of the police sirens. He had hoped to wake up before V but he was still so tired and weak from all the running before. The police also complicated his plan even more, what should he do. Try and hide while they looked for V? He seriously had no clue what to do so when V told him to wait there while he went down the hatch he had no other choice but too. When V came back and took his hand Jungkook followed the boy until they got to what Jungkook guessed was a sewer line. V jumped down first before helping Jungkook, even so much as asking if his injuries were okay enough to make the trip.  Even though Jungkook felt he didn’t have much of a choice but to say yes he was secretly glad the boy asked anyway.

            Both boys ran down the smelly rat invested sewers, stopping every now and then to take a turn here and there and rub their scent against a wall or too and try to confuse the smelling dogs and lead them into circles but they still knew however that wouldn’t fully work, the dogs were well trained so they needed another option.

            “With the dogs on us I don’t think we’ll get away, what are we gonna do?” V said, panting from all the running.

            “We need to get into the water, if we get rid of our scents in the water they won’t be able to find us for a while.” Jungkook had dealt with police dogs before when they were sniffing out the homeless in places like indoor garages, were Jungkook used to stay everyone now and then.  

            V nodded and pointed out that some of tunnels typically lead to rivers so Jungkook followed V down the long expansion of tunnels until they heard the rush of water. The police were right on their tail but once they saw the ending the both looked at each other and nodded before jumping out from the tunnel and into the dark waters.