Chapter Ten

I Need U

Chapter Ten

Jungkook

            It was only a matter of time before Suga sent for Jungkook. He knew that fighting another person when he just got “hired” into this situation was a bad idea, but Taehyung was off limits. It had taken nearly an hour to get Taehyung to stop worrying, there wasn’t anything he could actually do now anyway. Jungkook got into a fight, he won and now he needed to face the judge. That judge just happened to be a crazy drug lord. When Jungkook heard the knock on the door Taehyung looked fearful but Jungkook just shook his head before saying, “Everything is gonna be fine, and if I don’t get back in at least two days run okay? Don’t wait for me just run away.”

            “I…Yea alright I understand, but come back okay?” Taehyung said. “I don’t think I can do this alone.” Taehyung admitted.

            “Hey…what did I tell you, you gotta be tough alright? You have to be strong for your brother.”

            “R…right.” Taehyung said, before smiling a bit when Jungkook yelled, “Don’t leave!”

I need you

            Jungkook follows one of Suga’s lackey’s into another motel room, this one stripped of all “the romantic,” things that BamBam’s room contained but it still looked better than his own room, Suga must have remodeled it.

            “There’s my favorite little fighter!” Suga said when he landed eyes on Jungkook. Jungkook felt cautious and was on guard. He might be able to out run them enough to yell for Taehyung to run if he tried hard enough but the many guns across Suga’s bed made him think otherwise.

            “I heard you got into a bit of a brawl with Yongguk, now I don’t really care what it’s about and to be honest I couldn’t understand a thing that came from his mouth. Now that being said we do have a situation on our hands. Yongguk was in charge of transportations and I have a pick up to get today but obviously Yongguk can’t go with his eye swollen shut so I’m gonna need you to go with some of the crew to meet up with my grower. He’s a kind little farmer that grows my current supply. He’s excepting you guys to be there around two o clock so don’t be late, it’s best if you leave now while the cops aren’t in the area if you know what I mean.”

            Jungkook didn’t want to leave Taehyung here alone, he didn’t know how far away this person was but the way Suga was looking at him, all smiles and dead eyes Jungkook knew he had no choice.

            “Alright,” Jungkook said, “I’ll leave right away.”

            “Oh and don’t worry about that little boyfriend of yours, I’ll take real good care of him while you’re gone, make sure he’s fed and doesn’t go missing again.” Suga said, and that was a threat enough.

            “I’ll go get your stuff,” Jungkook said quickly leaving the room. He wanted to head back to his room to warn Taehyung but there were guards posted outside.

            “Hey come on!” Someone called at Jungkook and as Jungkook was driven away from Taehyung he hoped he’d get back in time because Suga obviously had plans for his friend.

            The drive was long and tiring and lead them up into the woods. The air felt humid here, the fog making it very difficult to see. Jungkook listened as the other people with him made small talk with each other. They tried to ask Jungkook a few questions, some even praising him for taking on Yongguk but Jungkook did not want to speak with them. These people were all sick and were bad news. Jungkook needed to think of an escape route for him and Taehyung and soon.

            Once the car stopped Jungkook watched as everyone filtered out the van. He was the last one out and watched as everyone stood around, waiting for something. Most people had guns on them that were covered, and Jungkook only knew this because they strapped them to themselves in the car. Jungkook didn’t have a gun so he didn’t feel particularly safe, but he needed to stay calm. Everyone didn’t wait for long however as a bright light shined through the fog and a beat up pick-up truck pulled up.

            “I only need three people to help carry things, you choose who.” A voice called from inside the truck. Jungkook couldn’t see who was driving and that worried him. You could usually tell someone’s intentions from looking at their face.

            “New guy you go, I don’t wanna lift anything I pulled my back yesterday.” Someone said, pushing Jungkook towards the car. Jungkook kept his cool and followed two other people who hopped in the back of the car, both looking fairly bored. That was good, they weren’t tense at all. Jungkook made his way into the back of the pick-up truck and waited for it to move, hopping that this wasn’t a trap. He couldn’t help but feel paranoid in an unfamiliar place, bad things usually happened out in the woods.

            The truck drove up hill for a few miles before pulling up to a farm house, where Jungkook assumed the drugs were. If Jungkook was being honest with himself he wasn’t even worried to be moving the drugs, living on the streets he had seen things way worse than what he would be moving today. So jumping out the cart Jungkook followed the others who waiting for the man to get out the car. The fog was much thicker up here so he had to squint a bit to get a good view at the man. He was dressed in casual clothes, just a simple jacket that was open to expose a tee-shirt that read I love tree with a leave as the heart symbol. He wore a black beanie atop his head and had a very nice smile. If Jungkook had met him on the streets he’d assume the boy was some type of hipster. Suga was right about the looking friendly part.

            “Okay everyone everything that you should take is in the purple little baggies. Take good care of my babies!” He called out as Suga’s other workers just shook their heads, muttering something about how weird the man was.

            “Oh hello, I’ve never seen you before. What’s your name?” He asked walking over to Jungkook to get a closer look.

            “Jungkook,” He said before the man reached out to shake his hand. Jungkook went to shake the man’s hand and pulled his hand back quickly as he was shocked.

            “Man you newbies always fall for that!” The man said, laughing near hysterically. “Hello Jungkook my names Jooheon, Suga’s favorite little farmer. It is so very nice to meet you, he called telling me there would be new meat but he didn’t say anything about sending in a kid. How old are you anyway?”

            “I’m eighteen?” Jungkook asked not expecting this childish behavior from the man at all.

            “Ah…you look like you are four but don’t worry that’s a good thing, people will be surprised when you bash their faces in. Suga said you took on Yongguk and I’m not surprised, that guy was all bark anyway.”

            “Uh…I don’t know, I didn’t know him very well?” Jungkook said somehow embarrassed to be talking to the joyful elder.

            “Oh don’t worry I’m not upset at all, he always handled my babies so rudely anyway. Now come with me I wanna get to know you better, the others can do all the work by themselves.” Jooheon said, before reaching his hand to Jungkook again. Jungkook just smiled and shook his head no.

            “Aw man I thought you might fall for it again, would you be surprised if I said some people fall for it a second time. It’s always the terrified ones, but you aren’t scared are you?” Jooheon said. As Jungkook followed the man inside the barn he shook his head, the man was wrong, Jungkook wasn’t just scared, he was terrified.