Chapter Three

I Need U

Chapter Three

Taehyung/V

            Taehyung was walking down a hall…and he was scared. He could only hear the cries of someone and they were getting louder and louder in his ear.

            “Why didn’t you stop him Tae, why did you leave me like that?! I’m all alone and it’s your fault!” The voice was screaming at him and he just couldn’t move until he was moving too fast and then there was a broken bottle in his hand and then he was stabbing…stabbing…stabbing and there was blood on his hands and sirens in his ears and he was drowning in the sorrow, drowning in the screams, drowning in the tragedy…

            Taehyung woke with a scream wrenching its way from his throat. His shirt was clinging to his sweat ridden body and his hands lay shaking at his sides. He tried to stand up before he soon moved to throw up into an old trashcan, dry heaving up nothing but scaring himself none the less. He had killed his own father and left his brother to deal with the body of his . What kind of brother was he, a coward. Someone who couldn’t deal with the fact of being locked up in jail, the very thought terrifying him enough to run away from the person he loved most in the world. Now here he was with another stranger, one run away and one murderer.

If only his mother could see him now. Raising his head from the waste bin he decided to check up on his strange guest. He felt bad that the child had gotten so badly beat up and even though he had acted all tough he knew that the boy still felt pain. Crawling up from the hatch Taehyung found a still asleep Jungkook. The boy looked surprisingly peaceful in his sleep, a look much different from those cold eyes that Taehyung would soon get used too. Taehyung decided that while the boy still slept he should probably find more food, Jungkook was skinny enough as it is and Taehyung couldn’t go on the run with someone who didn’t have any energy. If he was going to heal even remotely better he needed food. While most of the factory had been cleared out by the company Taehyung could remember there being a vending machine on the main floor somewhere, perhaps they left it behind with some food inside. Working his way around the dust ridden factory Taehyung climbed over boxes and other miscellaneous trash until he spotted the treasure he was looking for. There in all its busted up glory was the vending machine he was looking for. Looking around quickly Taehyung picked up an old chair sitting in a corner and smashed it against the vending machine successfully breaking the glass. He picked up as much as he could carry and made his way back to Jungkook, who when he arrived was awake and looked very unhappy about it.

“I heard something break,” He said blinking up at Taehyung who took a seat a few feet in front of the run away.

“Breakfast!” Taehyung exclaimed before dropping his found goodies on the floor between them. “Okay so we’ve got granola bars, trail mix, some stale chips, and candy. Food of champions if you ask me.” Taehyung said before ripping the wrapper of one of the granola bars and shoving it in his mouth. He passed one off to Jungkook before opening the bottle of a Gatorade he procured from the machine as well. He gulped down three gulps before handing the bottle to Jungkook hoping he didn’t have a germ phobia. He was glad when the boy only nodded and began to drink the Gatorade as well, with more manners than Taehyung had shown. They sat and ate quietly like that and when Taehyung had tried to get Jungkook to eat more he simply said his stomach wasn’t used to so much food so it probably wasn’t a good idea. Understanding that much Taehyung pushed the food aside and stretched out his legs, patting at his full stomach.

Looking around Taehyung couldn’t remember the last time he had been in a place so silent, there was always noise back at the house and yet here he was in a place where you couldn’t even hear a bird chirp or a street car or a drunken father; because all of that was gone. Looking over at Jungkook Taehyung sighed, this was not what he had planned to do this Saturday. Just as he was about to say something Jungkook caught him off saying, “Where do you use the bathroom here?”

Thinking about that for a moment Taehyung said, “Well there’s an old porta-potty out back, you could go there and I’ll take watch. Do you need to number one or two?” Taehyung said gesturing his hand at the boy.

Sighing Jungkook said, “I have to pee, but we should probably think of a better bathroom situation for now I’ll just go out back,” and when Taehyung began to stand up Jungkook said, “Alone, I don’t need a baby sitter and my guess is that people are actually looking for you. I don’t want to risk getting caught because of your idiocy. Remember stick to my rules and you just might make it far enough.” Jungkook said before limping his way towards the back of the building. Taehyung was going to ask how would he know where to go but if the kid got lost and pissed himself who cares, he’d been nothing but rude to Taehyung this whole time. He was just trying to help, he even brought the kid food and how does he repay him, by calling him an idiot! It seems the universe had decided to punish him even more by giving him the brattiest companion ever. Laying his head down Taehyung sighed and waited for Jungkook’s return.

Jungkook

            As Jungkook made his way to the back of the building he started thinking of ways to ditch V. Jungkook wasn’t stupid, the amount of blood he saw on V must have meant the boy had done something really stupid. V didn’t look like a cold blooded killer but anyone is capable of murder if pushed to it. Granted he had needed V after getting jumped and he’s glad he found this resting spot for them but he needed to leave him. Jungkook followed were he heard the sound of breaking glass and sure enough there was the vending machine V must have been at earlier. Looking around Jungkook found a couple of trash bags and doubled them up as they were filled with holes and other trash. The cleanest ones he could gather up he filled with as much food and drinks as they could carry before stashing them somewhere. When V decided to sleep Jungkook would make his escape and move on from this place. He needed to find his friend and each day that went by the further Jungkook was from that goal.

            Not wanting to be to suspicious Jungkook wandered until he found the exit door and relived his bladder outside, cautious of his surroundings. The factory seemed to be on the edge of down town which was perfect, if Jungkook would just get to the bus station, maybe get some money out the vending machine somehow he could take the bus to where he needed to be. Deciding that was his best option Jungkook headed back inside and waited for the day to unfold.

Taehyung

            As Jungkook was gone Taehyung headed back down into the basement and dug his hand into his pocket where he had a stash of many dollar bills. Back when he was at the Vending machine he had taken the money out from the thing. He knew he would need it and while it was only a little it, he had been here before and was stashing some money in case he ever needed to lay low if he’s father got to out of control, funny how things work out huh. It’s not that he didn’t trust Jungkook per say, but he seriously did not trust this boy. Back behind the trash bin was an exposed brick all, with a couple of lose bricks, it was behind there that he hid the money before going back up to await the arrival of his traveling companion.

Jungkook

            Just as he got back Jungkook saw V digging around some of the trash that laid ridden on the floor. Stepping closer he cleared his throat earning a high pitched yelp from V who turned around quickly staring wide eyed at the boy.

            “Don’t do that you nearly scared me to death! Geez what took you so long, I’ve been waiting forever and got bored.” V said still picking at the trash.

            “I got lost,” Jungkook said before taking his familiar seating spot. He didn’t care about the boy if he was bored or not, V would have to learn that things like being bored didn’t matter to people like them. Being bored was a luxury to those with homes and people that cared about them, being bored was a luxury they couldn’t afford.

            “See I told you I should have come with you, but you didn’t listen to me. Said I should, oh wait I know listen to me and nobody gets hurt.” V mocked, smiling a little as he picked up a small box and sat down in front of Jungkook.

            “I did not say that, I said listen to me and you won’t get caught, this isn’t a movie it’s real life.” Jungkook said glaring at the other boy. He was absolutely annoying the day lights out of Jungkook and they had literally only been together for about a day or so.

            “I know I’m not stupid, I was just saying you implied it is all. I have more bandages for your wounds. I need to keep cleaning them as much as I can so that they don’t get infected. Maybe I?” V asked reaching his hand up to a bandage that was across Jungkook’s temple. Jungkook caught off guard by the sincerity just nodded his head and leaned back on his arms allowing V to work. Jungkook cringed slightly when the other boy dapped a cotton swab on the cut before adding some ointment on it and covering it with another bandage. The way V moved his fingers over his body as if he was worried he might break Jungkook a little nervous. Jungkook wasn’t a baby so why was he being so gentle and kind. It made Jungkook feel guilty about wanting to ditch this boy who did nothing but help him, but still he had a mission to fulfil. When he finished working around his face V blushed before reaching for the edge of Jungkook’s shirt to check on the bandaged he had placed there earlier. Jungkook caught V’s hand and with a voice surprisingly soft said, “I can do this part,” Before taking the first aid materials and slowly turning away from V. When Jungkook lifted up his shirt he sighed at the bruises that were more visible than the actual color of his skin. He treated the wounds V had done before when Jungkook was unconscious and tried to reach the ones on his back before sighing and asking V for help. He didn’t want the boy to see the scars on his back from punishments at old abusive foster homes but at this point he could care less, he needed the other boy to trust him.

            V slowly pushed up Jungkook’s shirt, mindful of the bandages that were slowly covering up Jungkook’s body and began to look at the cuts on Jungkook’s back. He tried to keep focused on the task but he couldn’t help but run his fingers over the line of one particularly jagged scar that went from Jungkook’s lower back, and up nearly to the tip of his shoulder blades. What kind of past had this kid had?

            “Are you finished yet?” Jungkook said, his voice a bit shaky, filled with less fire and confidence from before.  Jungkook hated it when anyone touched his scars, it was almost as if it brought back the pain that caused them to be there in the first place. His body was not something he was pleased to look at, but the way his old friend had talked about it made it better, battle scars he had called them. Jungkook liked the idea, pieces on his body that reminded his that yea he went through hell, but he was alive still and that’s all that mattered.

            Nodding, and then realizing he couldn’t actually see him V said yes before slowly lowering Jungkook’s shirt back in place, even giving a shoulder not adorned with a bandage a small tap. Jungkook turned back around to face V which caused him to back up a bit. If there was one think V absolutely hated it was awkward situations, they just made his skin crawl. Thinking a bit before he got an idea V blurted out, “Do you like music?”

            Jungkook simply nodded at the question, raising his eyebrow at the boy. Who didn’t like music? It was actually one of Jungkook’s favorite things. Jungkook remembered walking past a C.D shop that used to play all sorts of music through the in store speakers. The lady that worked there was nice and let Jungkook stay without buying things and even gave him a sandwich once or twice saying she knew how hard life was and that she hoped he’d find somewhere to stay soon. She had tried to convince him to go to a shelter but he always refused kindly. Jungkook loved that place, until the owner of the shop shooed him away saying filth did not belong in the store. That was probably the last time Jungkook got to actually sit and listen to music.

            “I have an old I-Pod here, it hardly has any battery charge and I use it for emergences only so you better be thankful for this.” V said before turning on the small device and music began to flow into Jungkook’s ears. Jungkook was surprised that it was a song he actually knew, not many people liked rock music so he was glad V had the song with him, and soon they were both in the company of Linkin Parks, Given up. Soon V was lip syncing enthusiastically, practically bouncing around as Jungkook softly began to sing the lyrics to himself. One song turned into another and soon Jungkook noticed that V had actually turned off the I-Pod and only his own soft singing was filling the air.

            “Why’d you stop?” V asked curios when Jungkook cleared his throat.

            “I was tired, I think I should get some rest, I’m still really sore and the best way to heal is to sleep right?” Jungkook said before turning to lay on his side.

            “Um yea, I’m pretty tired too. Night I guess?” V said before laying down on the floor instead of going back down that hatch himself.

            “Yea,” Jungkook said, “Night.” This boy who was soft and caring yet full of secrets, Jungkook needed to leave him…