Chapter Two

I Need U

Chapter Two

Taehyung/V

            Moving in the night was much easier to do then when he originally ran away. His trip with Jungkook was a silent one, the boy not even asking where they were going. It was soon that Taehyung realized Jungkook had started dragging his feet, not because he was hurt but because the poor boy was falling asleep. They still had a couple of blocks to go but looking at the teen Taehyung felt bad about waking him from his zombie walk. Stopping to nearly sleep walking boy Taehyung swept the boy up piggy-back style, he was much lighter than he looked, probably due to being homeless for so long. Stepping forward Taehyung continued to travel onward in the direction of what he hoped would give them some time to think.

Jungkook

            When Jungkook first woke up the first thing he noticed was the urge to sneeze. The next thing that registered was the intense pain that made him want to shut his eyes and sleep so that he wouldn’t feel this near unbearable ache that was bone deep in places. Hearing a soft thunk and then a louder thud Jungkook looked toward the sound and saw a body craning over some now ripped up floor boards.

            “V…?” Jungkook asked, really hoping the boy didn’t just abandon him somewhere sketchy. While he wouldn’t be surprised Jungkook’s body really couldn’t take another assault. Jungkook didn’t trust the boy, but he could use him to his advantage.

            “Oh hey you’re up, I…I got us away from the main city which was not easy Mr. Sleeps a lot.” V said, still rummaging with whatever he had blocked from Jungkook’s view.

            “Where are we now?” Jungkook said, trying to look around. There wasn’t much to see however. They place was dark, the only things visible were a few broken beams in the ceiling. The air was damp, and had the faint smell of mildew mixed in with the thick smog of dust floating around. The only things you could hear were the slight creaks and moans coming through the walls, or V’s tinkering. For the most part it was eerily silent wherever they were, something Jungkook did not know he would have missed so much.

            “This is an old factory, my fa…I knew someone who used to work here before the company went bankrupt. There is a couple of hiding spots still intact in the building. I think we’ll be able to stay here for a while, at least until we’ve rested up some. I found some food in here, nothing special though just a couple of granola bars.” V said passing one to Jungkook along with an old bottle filled with a clear liquid.

            “It’s just water in there, sorry the bottle is a bit dirty. I promise it isn’t like poison or anything.” V said, his hand reaching up to rub the back of his neck.

            Scoffing, Jungkook took a gulp of the warm liquid before glaring at V. “Of course it isn’t poison, you need me more than I need you.”

            “Hey the least you could do is be grateful, I carried you here all by myself and I even patched up some of your cuts while you were asleep.” V said, his eyes hardening for the first time since they’d met.

            Looking down at his self Jungkook pressed a finger to his temple where he sure enough found a Band-Aid. Ignoring the protests of his body Jungkook gave his body the once over to observe the damage. Slowly lifting his shirt Jungkook could see the array of bruises and cuts over his skin. Jungkook long since forgot what a healthy glow would look like on his body, the thought of not having bruises long gone. Pressing his fingers on his lower rib he winched in pain but continued on, nothing felt broken but it still hurt like hell. At least he was fortunate that nothing seemed broken this go around. Jungkook could remember the time he sprained his finger and went to a free clinic, he was so tired after the fight that he almost didn’t notice the social services coming in. Thankfully Jungkook had gotten a splint put on his finger before they came and run out as soon as he heard them at the door. Jungkook did not trust public places at all. He knew the people were just trying to help but he didn’t need it, he needed to find someone and he couldn’t do that trapped in an orphanage.

            “Are you going to be okay?” V asked, breaking Jungkook out of his thoughts. “Do you need to see a doctor, those bruises don’t look too good.”

            “No, I’ll be alright. What about you, the blood from earlier?”

            “It wasn’t mine, not a scratch on me. I…look I don’t know what I’m doing here okay. I did something stupid, I was angry and I-”

            “Did I ask for your life story? I don’t care what you did as long as you don’t get in my way. You said we’d be able to stay here for a bit? I just need time to heal up and then I’m gone.” Jungkook said taking another sip from the water bottle. Jungkook knew he was being rude but he had a mission to do, the only thing that mattered was reaching his destination.

            “But you said you would teach me, you can’t just leave yet.” V said taking a seat onto the dust ridden ground.

            “I will…before I leave so if you have any questions I would ask them now; or don’t it will take some time for me to heal up. Expect me gone in less than a week.”

            “Are you like this to everyone you meet? I haven’t done anything but try and help you, and yea my reasons might have been a little selfish but doesn’t this beat staying in the city where those thugs can get you.” V said, clearly aggravated by the situation.

            “I don’t need a care taker, I appreciate what you’ve done but don’t expect me to get on my knees and praise you. For all I know you could be some sort of sick e or something.” Jungkook said, teasing the other boy. When the words left his mouth however V’s eyes hardened, his fists visibly shaking at his sides.

“I would never do that to anyone and anyone who does that deserves to die.” V spat out, facing Jungkook clearly. Taking a deep breath he smiled at Jungkook before saying,

“I’m going to bed, I think it’s okay to sleep up here but I’m gonna sleep down in the storage room. If you need anything knock on this hatch okay? I’m a light sleeper so I’ll wake up.”

Confused at the quick change from the strange boy Jungkook just nodded before sliding back down on the dusty floor. His body still hurt and he very much wanted to sleep. Jungkook thinks he remembers the faint wave of a hand before his eyes finally shut and his dreams consumed him, the voices of childish laughter lulling him to sleep.

Taehyung/V

            Sliding down into the storage room which was really a glorified basement Taehyung slide down against the far side brick wall. Nothing about this day had gone right he thought, how did this even happen. Closing his eyes didn’t help either, all he could do was see blood everywhere and his father on the ground. Taehyung silently started to let the tears he had been holding in fall. He killed someone and left his brother there. God, he left Jin there after he had been attacked like that. Taehyung wanted to go back for his brother but what would he do? The cops would grab him before he could even say anything to his brother. They couldn’t afford a good lawyer and with that fact Taehyung knew he would go straight to prison. Never in his life had he missed his mother so much, everything was so simple when she was alive, normal even. Taehyung lived a life without fear when she was there by his side, and now Taehyung didn’t even now what to do. Wiping his face, he curled up into a ball falling asleep to the sounds of his own crying.