Chapter Twenty Nine

I Need U

Chapter Twenty Nine

            Jungkook had never felt so fearful in his life walking up to the concrete building that had resembled the old factory Taehyung and himself had stayed at so long ago. Back then things were a lot simpler. Taehyung had been running from his past and Jungkook was searching for his brother, but now they were caught up in this mess, and were about to be a part of murder. This needed to be executed flawlessly or this was the end for them. So holding his breath Jungkook knocked on the door and waited.

            Jungkook couldn’t hear anything from the other side of the door so when it suddenly burst open he jumped back, earning a laugh from the door man.

            “You’re here to see Hoseok correct? Follow me this way please.” The older man said, all while holding the door open for Jungkook who followed him in cautiously.

            While the place looked terrible on the outside it looked wonderful inside. The walls were covered in pieces of art work, it was clean and there was hardly any sign of gangsters anywhere. Just what type of person was Hoseok? Jungkook didn’t have to wait long to find out because the old man pointed Jungkook in the direction of a back door which lead to an indoor pool area. Jungkook walked slowly inside and made his way to a table where there was a group of people sitting, the man in the middle smiling wide at Jungkook. His smile almost had the same charm as Jooheon’s but Jungkook knew not to trust it just yet.

            “You must be the boy Jooheon sent over! Please come have a seat, dinner is almost ready. I do hope you like salmon because if not I can have the cook’s make you something else.” Hoseok asked as he motioned his hand for Jungkook to take the empty seat that was in front of Hoseok.

            “N…no whatever you’re having is fine. I didn’t know I was staying for dinner.” Jungkook said taking his seat when Hoseok’s guards glared hard at him, ready to kill him in an instant if he did the wrong thing.

            “Why of course, we can’t just talk about murder on an empty stomach now can we?” Hoseok said suddenly serious but started to laugh and smile again when Jungkook looked worriedly at him.

            “I’m just joking, sheesh are all of Suga’s workers like this? Never mind don’t answer I figure it’s a yes. So Jooheon says that he’s ready to make his brother’s reign stop, it’s about time really, that man should never have become leader in these parts. Jooheon only briefly told me about what he wanted to happen but he never told me your story, how’d you get caught up in this mess in the first place?”

            Figuring it was best to not lie to the man Jungkook decided to tell him the truth, the whole truth.

“One thing lead to another I guess…my friend and I stumbled across where Suga was moving and we just kind of got trapped, plus my friend needed to stay hidden from the cops and I was looking for my brother. It turns out my brother is actually with Suga, I…I need to get him back.” Jungkook said, looking up at Hoseok, his eyes pleading.

“Ah…I can respect a man that does things like this for family, it is the most important thing after all. You said your friend had police troubles right, what kind of trouble is he in because I might be able to get him out of them, my ties do run deep after all.”

“Tae never explained what happened and whenever I ask he freaks out, all I know is that it is probably serious.” Jungkook said, thinking back to the night in the shower where Taehyung had curled himself at the floor, his past eating him up on the inside. Taehyung knew everything about Jungkook but Jungkook hardly knew anything about his travel companion, perhaps it was about time he got the truth from the boy.

“Well figure it out for me and I’ll see what I can do, look Jungkook I just want us all to be friends and if I could do this civilly I would but Suga doesn’t seem like the type to just hand over his crown. He’s mad like a hatter and the only way to control him is to stop him from hurting himself and anyone else.” Hoseok said, taking a drink from his wine glass.

Hoseok was right, Jungkook didn’t plan on being friends with the man but if it could help Taehyung out perhaps it was worth it.

“Y…yea, I’d like that.” Jungkook said, smiling lightly at the man. He would do whatever it took, he had to now.