Chapter Four Part Two

I Need U

Taehyung/V  

When the boys landed into the rushing water they became a mass of kicking legs and arms, fighting to the surface.  When Taehyungs head finally surfaced, he tried to cough out as much water as he could until Jungkook slapped a hand on his mouth and pointed. The cops had gotten to the tunnel and were waving around flashlights. The dogs were missing because they probably didn’t want them to fall down into the dark water. Jungkook quickly said hold your breath and they submerged themselves once more and tried to swim a little towards the shore. It was pretty dark outside so they felt safe enough to rush towards the woods. They hoped that they would be able to at least get away for the time being. As each boy kept rushing, they came across an old beat up motel.

The red neon sign read Bangtan, perhaps they would be able to stay here. They had the money and Jungkook really didn’t look like they could make it much further. Taehyung had wanted to save this money for himself but the look the boy was giving him, as if he expected him to just go on without him made his chest hurt.

“Come on, maybe we could stay here for the night? I have enough money for a motel.” Taehyung said, smiling at Jungkook while brushing his hair out his face. When Jungkook still looked unsure Taehyung placed his hand on Jungkook’s shoulder,

“Hey I could try to get you a separate room, they’re looking for me not you and I don’t wanna get you in trouble. I’ll be fine without you.” Taehyung lied, knowing he needed Jungkook more than Jungkook needed him, but he didn’t want to get the boy in serious trouble and being an accessory to murder is about the largest amount of trouble Taehyung could think of.

Shivering Jungkook tried to feign a smile and said, “Nah I think it’s okay for now, besides I still have a thing or two to teach you.” 

Thankful that he wasn’t going to be left alone Taehyung and Jungkook headed for the check-in desk. When they got inside the saw a tall man with white hair reading a magazine that said world’s most beautiful places on the cover.

He just raised his eye brows at the two dripping wet boys and said, “It’s forty five for the night.” The man simply said before reaching behind to grab one of the old keys behind him.

            “Uh okay one second,” Taehyung said taking off his wet backpack to grab some money that was lucky dry inside of a little plastic case.” He handed the man the money and took the key from his hands.

            “Fresh towels and everything are already in the room, but if you need anything I’m at the front desk for about one more hour, so if you have any ask now.” The man said, but it seemed as though he didn’t want to be bothered and Taehyung didn’t want to stay out in the open either, so he simply said no and walked out with Jungkook towards their room. The key had the number eleven on it so they headed to the furthest side of the motel building before finding the place they were looking for.

            When Taehyung opened the door he blushed immediately at what he saw. There in the middle of the mostly clean room was a single circle bed that was covered in fake red rose petals that seemed worse for wear.  The room smelled thick and heavy, and there was a white stain on the ground that Taehyung did not want to go near even if you paid him.

            “I guess he thought me and you were,” Taehyung said gesturing his hands between the two of them. Jungkook simply shrugged and headed towards the bathroom. The bathroom was simple, a large bathtub meant for couples but there was also a shower so that was a plus. The sink and toilet seemed pretty clean as well and Taehyung was thankful for that. As he continued to survey the bathroom he was shocked when he looked in the mirror and saw Jungkook stripping off his clothes. He slapped his hand to his eyes and screeched,

            “What are you doing?!” Taehyung said, backing up into the wall.

            “What’s it look like I’m taking a shower and you should probably take one as well, we smell like sewer water. I don’t have any more clothes so I need to shower and clean these ones off.” Jungkook said before dropping in as many soaps as he could into the bath tub before tossing his shirt into the hot water filled tub. When Jungkook reached for his zipper Taehyung turned around before stuttering out,

            “I…I’ll let you go first.” But when he stepped to leave he felt a hand on his shoulder.

            “Don’t be stupid the shower is big enough for the both of us and I used most of the soap for that,” Jungkook said pointing at the tub, “So chuck your clothes in and get in.” Before he could say anything else Jungkook had his pants off and was inside the shower.

            Staring at the showers steam covered glass Taehyung felt, frightened. Sure he had taken showers in the boy’s locker room before at school and never felt nervous but somehow this felt, intimate. They were literally running from the cops together and it was just so hard to wrap his mind around it, but Jungkook was right, he did smell and he hadn’t had a shower in a couple of days and the hot water was beckoning him like a water siren, so stripping his clothes and dropping them in the tub with Jungkook’s, he took a deep breath and stepped inside the shower.