Chapter 9

Peach

You were starting to feel cold as you subconsciously pulled the blanket over you tightly. Then you realized. Wait. What blanket- 

You immediately snap your eyes open as you sat up, taking in your surroundings. What am I doing in his bed? Wasn't he- Wait. Where is he? 

Just then, the door opened after a few knocks, 'You're awake?' and when you saw him, the scene from the previous night came back to you again. 

'W-What am I doin- I thought I slept out-' Jaebum watched you as you stammered, looking anywhere but at him. Is it because of last night? 

'You'll hurt your neck if you slept on the couch for too long.' Then did he carry me in, again? 

'A-Are you feeling better?' Stop stuttering! What if he finds out that- 

'Are YOU okay?' He asked as he stepped closer to you, 'You're stuttering a lot.' You froze when you saw his face right in front of yours, and you instinctively moved back. One of his hand made its way to your forehead, then your neck. 

And you frantically pushed his hands away. 'I-I'm fine.' Now she knows how it feels when she did that to me yesterday. At least it doesn't seem like I passed the flu to her. 'What time is it?' 

'11.30.' You remained silent as you allowed it to sink in. 'You were sleeping on the couch when I woke up at 10.' 

Oh thank god I wasn't sleeping here for long. But you didn't know that the he was lying. 'You could have woke me up straight away. I'll go cook some porridge.' She'll probably make a fuss if she knew that I carried her here in the middle of the night when I first woke up instead right? 'I could have just slept on the couch! You're sick!' He smiled as he imagined you whining again. 

'You don't have to. I'm fine already. After sleeping the entire day away yesterday.' Sleeping? Does he really not remember what he did? Was it- a subconscious thing? Jaebum stared at you as you left him by the bed, not even looking at him as he spoke. She's just going out like that? Why isn't she trying to check my temperature or anything? Is she not going to check if I'm still sick or not? Shouldn't she be saying 'You're still sick.' and pull me back to sleep? 

He immediately stood up and followed you into the kitchen, Why is she acting like that? She didn't even look at me in the eye once since she woke up! 'Go back to bed. If you move around too much, you'll fall sick again.' Now what kind of logic is that? 

'I won't go back to sleep unless you bring me there.' He pouted as he folded his arms, but all he saw was your back view.  

On the other hand, you were starting to overthink about every statement he made, connecting it to the kiss from the previous night. Did he really not know what he was doing? At all? 'It's your house. You know where the bedroom is.' 

You, you, you. She's starting it again. 'My head hurts.' He fake cringed as he watched you, rinsing the rice. But you still did not turn back. 

'Then go back to bed.' What's with her! 

Only when you heard the door slam shut, you finally turned to see that he was no longer standing there. What's with him? Did I do anything? 

You shrugged as you continued cooking, but ended up pausing to sneeze now and then. Am I falling sick too? ... Just because of that? But why did he do it? Why would he- ... But what if he knew what he was doing? D-Does he- 

'Hyewon-ah, are you mad at me?' Your entire body jerked when you felt someone wrap his arms around your waist from behind you, and froze when you felt him resting his chin on your head. 

'I-I didn't hear the door opening.' Jaebum felt you tensed up and watched as your hands immediately stopped whatever you were doing seconds ago.  

'Are you mad at me?' He asked again, tightening his grip around you. He did not bother to be subtle anymore. Especially after his body went ahead and he kissed you first the previous night. 

'I need to cook.' You tried shoving him away witth your elbow as you moved to and fro the sink, but he did not move an inch away from you. Just what is he trying to do? 

'You didn't ask me if I was feeling well. You didn't check my temperature. You didn't try to stop me from going to work. You used 'you' the entire morning when talking to me.' 

'I-I did. I asked y-you if you were feeling well just now.' You were getting distracted as you could feel the vibration from his chin on your head as he talked, and the close proximity, all without being able to see his expressions. 'Y-You don't look like you're going to work and it's a-already past the time.' What is he trying to do to me? Just 24 hours ago he was yelling at me. Saying that we're as good as strangers and to stop acting. ... But- 

'That's two times even after I told you.' Jaebum found himself loosening up as he inhaled the faint peach scent from your hair, and that was when he realized that he was tensed up before that too. 'You didn't even bother to look at me when I said that my head hurt.' 

'T-That's. Because...' 

'And you're stuttering a lot.' He could feel that you were still struggling and squirming in his arms. And he knew more or less why you were stuttering. Or at least it was what he assumed it to be because of. 

'Y-You're too close.'

'Mm looks yummy.' 

'Did you sleep throughout after dinner last night?' It is indeed because of last night. If it bothers her, that means she cares right? That she might just have feelings for me too? 

'When will the porridge be done? Did you cook any for yourself?' 

'Oppa.' Finally. 

'Yeah?' 

But you could not get yourself to say anything. Your mind was in a mess. 'Nothing.' 

'You're staying for the entire day, right?' N-No? 'You have to make sure that I'm actually recovering.' 

'You are recovering. You're standing here.' And trying to do who knows what. 

'But I don't feel 100% recovered.' 

'Then go and rest, Jaebum oppa.' 

'Okay.' You finally heaved a sigh of relief when he unwrapped his arms from around you and disappeared back into his room. Should have called him that from the start if it was that easy to get him to go back. ... Did the medicines affect him? Perhaps, side effects? 

 

 

'Hyewon-ahh!' Jaebum shouted from his room just when you were about done with the dishes. And I thought he was finally going back to normal when he was silent while eating. 'Hyewon-ieeee!' And then coughing was heard. That genius just have to shout when his throat still hurts. 

'Did something happen? Are you okay?' You asked as you quickly rushed to his room, only to find him standing right at the door. And you eyed the set of clothes and toiletries in his hands. 'Go wash up. You look like a mess.'

That's a really nice thing for him to say right in my face. While grinning. 'I can just go bac-' 

'You've been here since yesterday morning taking care of me. You must be tired. You'll feel better if you shower.' 

'But-'

'It should be small enough to fit you.' And most importantly, it's not short. 

'Jaebum oppa-' 

'In you go~' And before you knew it, the toilet door was shut behind you. I thought calling him Jaebum oppa was supposed to work!  

 

 

 

I should try to make her wear my clothes more often. She looks adorable. Jaebum smiled the moment he saw you stepping out of the washroom. 'See, don't you feel more comfortable after-' 

'Ah-choo!' And he was soon staring at you. 'I-I'm sorry.' 

'We better get your hair dried before you really catch a cold.' Wh- You looked blankly at him as he grabbed the towel from your hands. 

You found yourself getting dragged towards the bed as he sat on it, while he pulled you down by the side. 'O-Oppa, I can do it-' He held the towel out of your reach when you tried to take it from him, and he turned your body to face the front, before gently tugging onto your hair as he rubbed it between the towel in his hands. 

'Tell me if I'm doing it right. It doesn't hurt, does it?' Did he do this to other girls before? How is he so- 'Hyewon-ie?' 

'Y-Yeah?' 

'Am I doing it right?' 

'Y-Yeah.' 

You remained silent for a while as he continued to dry your hair, humming a tune. 

'Jaebum oppa,'

'Hmm?'

'I have to go home soon.' 

'Why?' 

'I need to prepare for work tomorrow.' 

'Oh... I'll drive you back after this?'

'You don't have to.' It was disturbing you that you could not see his expressions behind you. 'D-Do you want to stay for dinner at my place?' 

'It's okay.' Did he just... reject my offer? 

'... Really?' 

'Mm.' Twice?

Jaebum smiled when he saw your shoulders droop. 'I have to drop by work for a while and maybe settle some stuff afterwards if necessary.'

'You're still going to work?' He was startled when you suddenly turned around to look at him. 

'I'm just checking with Mark hyung about what happened this two days.' 

'Oh.' That's really hardworking of him... 

'But I can always go over for dinner next time, right?' He asked as he ruffled your hair, and saw you smiling slightly as you answered. 

'S-Sure.' 

 

 

'See you at work tomorrow?' 

'See you oppa. Rest well.' You smiled as you waved him off, before heading into your house. 

'You're back?' 

'Yes umma.' 

'How's Jaebumie? Is he feeling better?' 

'Mmhmm.' 

'Go w-' That was when your mother noticed that you were already washed up. 'Rest then. Oh and Jinyoungie called looking for you a few times.' 

'Okay. Thank you!'

 

 

'Oppa you called?' 

'Did you not check your phone?' 

'I didn't notice it, I'm sorry. It might have shut down by itself.' By itself huh? 

'Are you home now?' 

'Mmhmm.'

'Can I come over?' 

'Don't you have work today?' 

'Nope.' 

'Nope?' 

'Anyways, I can go over right?' 

'Yeah?' 

'Okay. See you!' 

 

 

Within 15 minutes, your room door suddenly burst open. 

'That was fast?' You exclaimed as you looked up from your phone. 

But something else caught his attention instead. 

Those aren't her clothes. It's not mine either. 'Whose clothes are you wearing?' 

You did not even realize that you were still in his clothes as you looked at the loose hooded shirt that you were wearing. To tell the truth, it was extremely comfortable, and pajamas-material for you. 'You mean this? It's Jaebum oppa's.' 

'Why are you wearing that? Did you stay over?' 

'Mm.' 

'You offered to stay over?' He asked as he made himself comfortable on your bed next to you. 

'He wasn't feeling well.' So did she offer to stay over or did she not? 

'I wasn't feeling well the other day either.' 

'But I did stay over the other day!' More like I forced you to. 

'Is he feeling better?' 

'Mmhmm.' 

'But oppa what are you doing here?'

'I missed you.' You simply laughed it off as you grabbed onto a pillow to hug. 

'Awww. Oppa you should find a girlfriend.' 

'Why? I have you, don't I?' 

'I'm your best friend-like dongsaeng. That's not being your girlfriend.'

'Then you can just be my girlfriend.' You paused as you looked at him who was staring straight at you. What's with all the guys today? 

'Is something disturbing you today oppa? You're not at work and you appeared here all of a sudden saying weird things.' 

It's not weird things. I meant it. 'I heard that you weren't starting work until tomorrow so I took a day off wanting to accompany you. Is that a sin?' 

'N-No?' You pouted as you saw him frowning. 'Oppa are you angry at me? Hmm? Jinyoung oppa?' 

'No.' 

'You're angry at me aren't you?' You saw him moving backwards as you crawled closer to him. 

'Don't.' 

'Are you? Don't be angry hmm? I didn't mean it that way.' You batted your eyes as you wrapped your arms around him tightly. 

'S-Stop it. I'm not angry. Why would I be.' He watched as you giggled and went back to your spot. It was something that never failed to make him give in.

'You sure?'

'Yes.' 

'Jinyoung oppa, can I ask you about something else?' You looked at him as he nodded. 'Are there any side effects to flu medicine?' 

'Why would you ask that?' 

'Like, cough medicine makes one drowsy, right?' 

'Yeah?' 

'Does that drowsiness make one say weird things? Or maybe do things that they don't know that their doing.' 

Is she talking about hyung? What did he do this time? He did something to her? 'Who? What weird things? Do you want to be more specific?' 

'Hmm? Nothing. Nobody. I was just asking.'

'Yah, are you keeping things from me right now?' 

'Nooo?' 

'What did Jaebum hyung do?' 

'He didn't do anything. He was sick.' You mumbled as you dug your head into the pillow, trying to hide the blush that was forming when you recalled the kiss again. It IS Jaebum hyung. 

 

 

 

'Jaebumie? Hyewon didn't tell me that you're coming?' Your mother asked when she opened the door to find Jaebum there as he bowed politely.

'Annyeonghasaeyo. She doesn't know that I'm here. May I know if she's-?'

'Sure. She's in her room. Jin-' She watched as Jaebum immediately disappeared up the stairs. 'Young is there too.' That's really fast of him? 

 

Deciding not to knock, Jaebum opened your door without hesitating. But all he saw was Jinyoung fiddling with his phone on your bed instead. 

'That was fast.' Jinyoung said, and finally looked up when he got no form of response. 

'What are you doing here?' 

 


 

[A/N] YES I UPDATED THIS BEFORE 12TH. Hehehe.

Hope that this chapter was up to your expectations! And thank you so much for all the love for this fic <3

(My sentence structure was kinda bad for this chapter I think >< I'm sorry!)

And also, thank you for the subscribes and comments!

<3