Chapter 18

Peach

He grinned as he felt you cuddling closer to him, your hand grasping onto the material of his robe loosely, and he saw the glimmer on your ring finger. This isn't a dream. It's real. 

We're- Really married. 

He couldn't help but to feel excited at the thought of it, and he was soon wide awake, as he continued to stare at your sleeping figure next to him. 

And his grin grew wider when he saw the sides of your lips tilting up as you dug your head closer towards his chest. 

She's probably gonna be like 'No I didn't.' when she wakes up later. Tsktsk. Is it that hard for you to admit it? You stubborn little girl. 

Or then again do you really not feel the same way? But- You like me, don't you? 

His hand unknowingly reached to caress your cheek gently, and he froze when he felt you move slightly, only to lean in closer to the newly found warmth. 

But he suddenly remembered how your mood dropped last night, and thought back to the call. Who could have called last night? Anyone who've I've been in contact with would have known that I'm away right? And I haven't even been in contact with any girls? At all? 

And you wouldn't possibly lie about it right? You really looked upset when you talked about it... 

 

 

'Morning~' He greeted drowsily, leaning in to give a light peck on your forehead, while you stared back at him blankly. 

I a-actually slept quite well like that... 

/ She's starting it again. And I think the call made it worst. 

'I was thinking of making breakfast for you. But then I realized it wasn't our house and I have to go down to get groceries first.' 

Our house... 

'So I went against it, and decided that we should go have breakfast together. Or brunch.' 

You blinked as you look at him, your mouth slightly open, but still, nothing came out. 

'Hyewon-ah, I wouldn't mind cuddling with you for the whole day, but not today, and the sun is already setting.' 

The sun is setting already? 'What time is it?' 

'Two?' 

'The sun doesn't set at two.' You frowned slightly as you tried to look around, but you could not tell the time with the curtains drawn. And I actually didn't wake up even once? I didn't know that I was that tired... 

You turned to him when you heard him clearing his throat, to find him looking back at you. 'I know my chest is really comfortable but we should probably get up soon. We can continue cuddling tonight.' 

His eyes disappeared as he grinned, seeing how your cheeks were turning redder as you quickly sat up, but ended up struggling as his legs trapped yours, and you ended up being pulled closer to him. Let me go! You could feel your face burning up as you lowered your head, letting your hair drop forward to cover your face. 

'Okay okay.' 

The moment you felt his arms loosening his grip, you quickly scrambled out of bed and headed for the toilet straight, with his chuckles heard clearly through the room.

'Be careful of where you're going! Don't trip!'  

 

 

 

You mentally screamed at yourself when you realized that you didn't take your clothes in before bathing, but it was too late. That stupid- I wouldn't have forgotten if he wasn't saying those-those- stuff! 

Frowning, you wrapped your towel around you as you contemplated between asking him to help you grab your clothes, or you running out with the towel quickly to get it. But went against the second one in the end. 

'Oppa?' You shouted, wondering if he could hear you, and tried again, louder this time, when you did not receive any reply. 'Jaebum oppa?' 

'Hmm?' 

'Oppa, do you mind helping me get my clothes? I forgot to take it in!' You could already feel your cheeks warming up as you shouted, not knowing how to face him later, or even for the rest of the trip. 

'Yes I mind.' Wa- What? 

You could hear him laughing slightly, but decided to wait to see if he would knock on the toilet door to pass you your clothes, but it never came. And your mood immediately plummeted. If he think that this is funny, it actually isn't. And it wasn't as though he didn't hear me. 

You made sure that your towel will not slip off, before mentally recalling where and what exactly your clothes were, so that you can quickly return to the toilet and get dressed. 

 

'Boo!' Jaebum shouted right next to your ear once you opened the door, and you nearly released your hand, but fortunately grasped on tighter as you glared at him, your fist clenching up. 

And he instantly regretted it. 

Bad idea Im Jaebum. He immediately began to panic as you pushed past him, going towards the closet without saying a thing at all. How did you even find this funny in the first place? Now you made her mad! Again! 

'Hyewon? I'm sorry, it wasn't supposed to-' 

You could feel him behind you as you quickly rummaged through the closet, settling with a shirt and a pair of shorts instead of the dress you originally wanted to wear. 

'Sure. It definitely wasn't on purpose.' You mumbled as you headed straight back for the toilet. 

'Hyewon-ah-' And by the corner of your eyes, you could see his hand reaching for your bare shoulders to stop you. 

'Don't you dare touch me!' 

That managed to stop him as he froze on the spot, his hand hanging in midair as you made your escape. 

How did you even think of- Can't you keep your hands to yourself? It wasn't supposed to be this way! 

 

 

 

'Hyyuuung...' Jaebum found himself whining into his phone as he left the water running. 

'Where are you?' 

'I'm in the toilet.' 

'And, what now?' 

'I kind of pranked her, and it made her mad, and I don't think she wants to talk to me anymore. And she shouted at me to not touch her!' He spilled everything which happened just seconds ago, only to find the person on the other end of the line sighing. 

'Jaebum-ah. I told you to make her happy, how does that equate to pranking her?! And what was that that you just did?' Mark suddenly recalled Jaebum's little 'Bling Bling' addiction from only the previous day and added, 'Did getting married got rid of your critical thinking skills?' 

 

Just 10 minutes ago. 

He had a bad feeling when he saw the Caller ID, and somehow knew that it wasn't to nag at him about the change in his honeymoon location.

'Hyung, what do I do?' 

'Why are you calling me on your honeymoon?' 

'Hyewon's in the toilet.' 

'What happened?' 

'I don't know, some girl called me last night and she answered and then she didn't seem happy anymore.'

'Some girl?' 

'The number isn't saved, but nobody picked up when I called back.' 

'Was it a wrong number?'

'Hyewon said that the person was looking for 'Bumie, Jaebummie.'' 

'Isn't Jackson the only one who will call you that?' And there was a pause. 'Okay, not funny. Haha. Anyways, maybe you can do something to make her happy? And to start off, you probably shouldn't be talking on the phone.' 

 

 

 

 

'You don't even call me this often in a day usually. And now this is the third call within hours, during your honeymoon!' He could hear him even when he pulled the phone a distance away, and Mark rarely raised his voice. 

'I don't know what to do...' 

Jaebum could hear a sigh from the other end. He knew it was his own fault that he was here calling Mark, but the older male's words made him felt even worse. 'What happened now?' 

'She left a note after I was done. She said she wanted some alone time and she was going to get something.' 

'And you just left her alone?' 

'What if I made her angrier? I don't want to-' 

'Gate 32 for Flight 221 closing in 10 minutes, passengers please-...' Jaebum managed to hear in the background as he stopped midsentence. 

'Hyung, you're at the airport?' 

'Yeah. I'm heading to Jeju.' 

'What? Why!' 

'There's a last minute meeting tomorrow.' 

'So you're coming here?' 

'Why would I go there?' 

'Can you come over?' 

'Jaebum-ah...'

'She said she'll be fine when she's back if I leave her alone for a few hours...'

 

 

Jaebum could tell that Mark didn't look pleased when they met each other at the lobby of the hotel.

'How long have you been away from her?' 

'An hour plus?' 

'It's barely over 24 hours after you got married.'

'I know... But it's just that I don't know why I seem to always lose myself when it comes to her.'

'Maybe because you like her a lot?' 

'But-'

'And if you like her a lot, you shouldn't be here whining to me.'

'Should I prepare something for her in the mean time? For tonight?' He finally felt some energy returning to his body when he thought of it, but his shoulders slumped when he saw Mark shaking his head.

'You'll screw an event up at this rate.'

'Hyung can help me!'

'She's your wife, not mine.'

'Of course she's my wife! I'm not giving her to anyone!'

'How about flowers?'

'But shouldn't I get something bigger?'

'You'd never know, she might happen to like it a lot. And I know a really good place. Though it's kind of far.' 

 

 

 

'What's with the call you talked about though?' Mark asked, after finding it disturbing that the male next to him was grinning stupidly to the bouquet of red and white roses in his hands. 

Which, fortunately, managed to shift his attention away from the flowers. 'Oh, can you lend me your phone? I want to try to call the number again.'

The phone rang twice before it was picked up, while his eyes widened.'It's answered!' And got a judging look from Mark. 'Hello?'

'Hello. You are?'

'I'm Jaebum, and yesterday night-' 

Beep. Beep. Beep. 

'What on earth was that?' Mark silently smiled as he heard Jaebum's tone change. Now that's the Jaebum I know. 'She just hung up on me?' He spat as he redialed the number, but it wasn't answered. 

'Is it the correct number?'

'Yes. I'm certain of it.'

'Do you recognize the voice?' 

'Voice?... No?'

'...It can't be him right?' Mark finally asked after some time. 

'Him?... No, Jinyoung wouldn't do this. Maybe I'll try calling again later.'

'By the way, Jaebum, are you going to wear that? Giving flowers?' That was when he realized that they were soon reaching the hotel, and the sky outside was darkening. I was gone for that long? 

'But my clothes are back in the room-... And she's probably there already...' 

'I have an extra suit in the back.' 

'Really?'

'You should be able to wear it.'

 

 

 

Why does he even have this in the car? Jaebum fixed his borrowed suit as he eyed himself in the mirror, gaining a few 'Hwaiting!'s when people who had to use the lobby washroom saw his bouquet by the side.' And it actually fits me perfectly, and looks good? 

Whatever the case, you can do this Im Jaebum. Don't mess up again. He gave himself one last smile through the mirror, before hurriedly heading back up to the room, not forgetting the bouquet of roses.  

 

 

 

'Jagiya-...' His voice trailed off when he entered the hotel suite, only to find candles on the ground, as they lead a pathway further into the room, with the lights all switched off. What is this- 'Hyewon-ah?' 

He followed the path, his heartbeat all that was ringing in his ears, until he came to a stop at a candlelit table, with a card in the centre. And he didn't realize until he picked it up, that he was shaking slightly.

Jaebum oppa, 

Heehee. I'm sorry that I was really bad at expressing myself, and I'm not exactly the best with words. So I prepared this instead. 

You've asked me this a billion times, whether I hated you, if I like you.

It's definitely not that I don't like you, even though I might have pushed you away most of the times. It was just that I was unsure if this was how it was supposed to be, since we didn't meet under the most normal conditions. I just didn't know how I was supposed to react, if it was right to show I really felt, that I actually liked it. And I was unsure when you didn't seem to remember what happened that night when you were sick. If you were ignoring it, or actually didn't know what you did. 

I like you, Jaebum oppa. And I realized that I like you more than I thought when I had to act as though I was mad at you earlier today. I felt really awful about what I did, and missed you so much during that few hours, but it was the only way for me to prepare this without you knowing right? So,

Surprise! 

Jaebum stood rooted to the ground as he read it word for word, over and over again. I don't understand what's happening-

And you were starting to question his reading skills as you waited at the corner, peeking out slightly to see his reaction. Is he done reading? Is it too dark? Was my handwriting too small?... Eesh! Why is he making me worry about these at a time like this! 

He finally looked up when the lights switched on, to find you in a dark blue dress, similar to the one that you wore the first time you met at your house. 

'Hyewon-ah...' The way he looked at you, his eyes, you were starting to not know what to do again, and your eyes darted down to the bouquet in his hands.

'Jaebum oppa, is that for me?' 

'Y-Yes.' 

'Oppa, stop staring.' You could feel him stepping closer as he placed the card back on the table, while you took the bouquet from him, and decided to fix your eyes on it.

'Weren't you mad at me?' 

'It wasn't real...'

'Is Mark's business trip at Jeju fake too then?'

'That was fake..' 

No wonder he just happened to have that suit, and that flower shop which was miles away. 

'Oppa, you're not mad at me right?' 

'How did you know that I was going to do something stupid? Like not helping you to get your clothes?' 

'I guessed that you would probably do something weird at least once today.' 

'I'm not too sure if I should take that as a compliment.' You giggled as you finally looked up at him, to find him smiling back at you. 'When did you plan it though?'

'When you were showering yesterday.'

'So was the call last night fake too?' And he knew he finally said something which he shouldn't have at that moment, when he saw your smile falter slightly.

'The call was real though..' 

'I shouldn't have raised it up right? I kind of ruined the mood again.' He pouted as he lifted your chin up, so that he could look into your eyes, and saw you smiling when he gave you a puppy-eye attempt.

You found yourself backing away slightly when he suddenly leaned his face closer to you. 'Are you wearing make-up?'

'No!' You knew he could tell that you were blushing by the stupid grin on his face again as he stepped back from you. 'Just a little lipbalm or so...'

'No wonder I kept staring at your lips.' He grinned again, before looking down at the flowers in your hands. 'Even though Mark hyung was the one who brought me there, I picked the flowers all by myself-' 

Jaebum didn't realize that you were shifting closer to him, until he felt the bouquet being shifted away from his line of sight, replaced with your hand resting gently on his chest. And he felt everything come to a standstill when he saw you leaning into him, before he felt your lips on his. 

 


 

[A/N] ~~~

Hehehehehe.

Disclaimer: There might be spelling/grammer/weird mistakes 'cos I only proofread this once hahahha omg and I kind of need to go soon. 

And I managed to update this real soon! (though that doesn't mean that the next chapter will be up soon too hahaha. im not too sure how long I would take though) (so I hope that this chapter was good enough! (and will let yall last till the next update))

Thank you so much for the subscribers and comments!!

(Okay I'll read through this again and edit it when I have the time (and hopefully for now there aint any outrageuous mistakes cos I really have no idea hahaha)) 

Do keep the comments and subscribes coming in! (comments make me really happy heheheh) 

Thank you!

<3