Chapter 28

Peach
Did I black out again?
 
You cringed at the familiar white light that was piercing through your eyelids.
 
I'm not going to hear the end of it if Youngjae finds out-
 
But when you finally opened your eyes, it wasn't Youngjae who was staring back at you. Am I even seeing things right now?
 
'Hyewon? Are you awake? How are you feeling? Jagi are you feeling okay?'
 
Nope, it definitely isn't Youngjae.
 
'Wait here for a while okay? I'll go get the doctor.'
 
And he returned in record time, with an unamused doctor.
 
'Are you sure she's okay? How long does she have to stay here for? Is there anything I can do to-'
 
'She's fine. She just have to stay for a night so that we can ensure that she doesn't collapse again. You don’t have to worry.'
 
'Are you-'
 
'Yes, I am certain that she's fine. And Jaebum-ssi, I expect to see you back in your room in ten minutes for your rounds.'
 
 
 
 
You stared blankly at him as you felt his hand caressing your cheek gently, still unsure if it was a dream. Does he remember?
 
'Jaebum oppa?' You finally broke the silence, and he immediately leaned in closer to you, not wanting you to strain your voice.
 
'Hmm?'
 
'Are you real?' You asked as you reached out with your own hand to touch his face, only to have him chuckling as he held onto your hand tightly.
 
'Of course I'm real, pabo.' He answered, smiling. 'Are you feeling unwell?' You shook your head. ‘Are you hungry? Do you need anything?’
 
You shook your head again. He remembers, right? Or else he wouldn't be here?
 
'Hyewon-ah, how many times have you gotten drips because of me?' His tone turned serious within the next second as the corner of his lips tilted downwards slightly.
 
'It's not because of oppa-'
 
'How many?'
 
You pursed your lips as you looked back at him, knowing that it would not help anyone if you kept it going. 'I didn't take note- Youngjae might know.'
 
‘Are you sure?’
 
‘Really, I didn’t count, the only thing that was on my mind was to look after oppa.’
 
And with that, Jaebum was smiling again, him gazing at you as he brushed your hair to the side.
 
'You're not going to lift a finger from now onward. I'm calling dad to get you the year off work.’
 
So he found out about the baby too? 'Jaebum oppa, that isn’t necessary-.'
 
'It's because of me isn't it? That you're getting weaker?' You snapped your mouth shut again when started blaming himself. 'Don't worry, I'm here now hmm? I'll take really good care of the both of you.'
 
He knows.
 
'Do you know if we're having a boy or a girl?'
 
'Not yet.'
 
'You don't even know how excited I am. I just want to pull you close to me and sprinkle you with kisses.'
 
Jaebum leaned in and nudged your cheek with his nose, making you giggle as you smiled back at him.
 
'Aren't you a smart one hmm? Falling sick when I'm getting discharged?'
 
'Oppa, can't I just go home today? I'm feeling much better already.'
 
'No. You're staying until you get more rest.'
 
'But I rest better if we go home.'
 
'No. There's doctors here to make sure you're okay in case anything happens.'
 
'But-' Jaebum's glare immediately silenced you.
 
'Why do you want to go home so soon hmm? Is there anything that I can help with?'
 
You blinked as you looked at him. It's not like I can tell him that I wanted to go home because I sleep better next to him...
 
Jaebum smiled slightly. 'I'm just guessing this one.'
 
And your eyes widened when he lifted your blanket and adjusted you slightly before lying down next to you.
 
'And I think I got it right, didn't I?' He grinned when he saw your pink cheeks. 'You could have just said so. That you wanted to sleep with me. Tsk tsk.'
 
'I missed you.'
 
'I missed you even more.'
 
You laid in his arms silently, simply watching each other and smiling non-stop. 'Jaebum oppa,'
 
'Hmm?'
 
'Since when did you remember?' But the moment you saw Jaebum hesitate, you knew something was wrong.
 
'T-Three days ago.'
 
T-Three? Three days?
 
‘Hyewon I can explain-’ Jaebum started panicking as you turned away, pushing his arms off you. 'Jagi? Hyewon-ah, I'm really sorry hmm?'
 
And he was soon regretting it when he heard your soft sniffs as you edged closer to the edge of the bed, away from him.
 
'Hyewon, don't cry hmm?'
 
'Go away. You're not Jaebum oppa. He wouldn't do that to me.'
 
'Jagi? I'm sorryyy...'
 
Just then, the room door opened, and Jinyoung could tell what was happening immediately. This hyung really. I already told him and now- Haish... 'Hyung, you have to go back to your room. The doctor is there already.'
 
He just have to come in now doesn't he? 'I'm fine. I'll stay here.'
 
'Go.'
 
'Hyewon-ah.'
 
‘Jaebum hyung, I think it’s better for you to go.’ Jinyoung repeated, sternly this time. And fortunately, Jaebum complied.
 
'The doctor better be fast. Can't he see that I'm perfectly fine already?' Jaebum grunted as he hurried back to his room with Jinyoung following close behind.
 
'Don't go venting on others when it's your own fault hyung. And, I told you so.'
 
 
 
 
 
'H-He lied.' You said through your tears as you took the tissue from Youngjae.
 
'I'm sure he didn't mean to do it.'
 
'He could have just told me from the start. Does he even know how worried I was every single day?'
 
'Hyewon-ah...'
 
 
 
 
 
Now what does he want this time? 'Move.' Jaebum mumbled when he tried getting out of his bed, only to see Jinyoung blocking his way.
 
'You're not going there.'
 
'I need to-'
 
'Hyung, you should check the group chat.' He turned to Bambam as he reached for his phone.
 
'Youngjae said that you're not allowed there.'
 
'I don't believe him. Hyewon wouldn't do that to me.' And there it was, sent just two minutes ago.
 
Jaebum hyung, noona says that she doesn't want to see you.
 
'He's just joking, Hyewon-'
 
'Hyung, did you see the sign noona placed at her door?' Yugyeom interrupted just as he entered the room. 'Mr Im Jaebum is not allowed here. Stress isn't good for the baby.'
 
'Baby? What baby?'
 
'Why does she have a baby with her-'
 
'Wait. Hyewon is pregnant?'
 
'Really?'
 
'Oh my god I'm going to be an uncle!!' Jackson shouted, to Jaebum's horror.
 
'No you're not going anywhere-'
 
And within seconds, the only ones left in the room were Mark, Jinyoung, and an extremely annoyed Jaebum.
 
'Great. Now I'm discharged but I can't go see Hyewon.'
 
While all the other two males could do was to shake their head disapprovingly at him.
 
'Help me.'
 
'I already helped you during your honeymoon.'
 
'Don't look at me, I'm already helping by not grabbing you by the collar.'
 
'I hate all of you.'
 
'Weren't you the one who did not tell her?' Jinyoung asked, low-key getting pissed at Jaebum blaming it on everyone else when it was his own fault.
 
'It wasn't supposed to turn out this way.'
 
'Okay, if you get her to call you within a day. You win.'
 
'Can the both of you stop it with the betting.' Mark said as he dumped a pillow on Jinyoung's lap, glaring at him slightly.
 
'We didn't bet on anything this time?'
 
'Jaebum should genuinely feel this kind of things. Not be pushed by you. How can he be prompted for his entire marriage life-'
 
The door closed with a slam.
 
And the both of them burst out laughing. 'Mark hyung. Like you weren't prompting him either?'
 
'I just hope he don't make things worse while trying to make it better again. He somehow has a talent in doing that.'
 
 
 
'Gyeom-'
 
'Jinyoung hyung, what do we do? I don't know, Hyewon started puking and she can't eat anything. The doctor? He said he has to run the tests again and that it shouldn't be happening. We don't know what's going on now-'
 
'What do you mean?'
 
'J-Jaebum hyung-'
 
'Move- I have to see her.'
 
 
 
 
'Hyew-'
 
He saw how your expression changed when you saw him. But other than that, you were perfectly fine. In fact, you were laughing with Jackson just one second before he entered. These people-
 
'All of you, out. NOW.'
 
 
 
 
 
'How is it? Did they reconcile?'
 
But Jinyoung was ignored as the boys laughed away non-stop.
 
'Guys?'
 
'We helped noona get revenge.'
 
'Jaebum hyung must have gotten a heart attack.'
 
And they burst into laughter again while Mark and Jinyoung looked at each other anxiously. Oh no.
 
'If anything happens, I'm going to kill you.'
 
 
 
 
 
'Did you not see the sign?' You asked, noticing that he was panting slightly as his neck turned red, and you edged back towards the headboard.
 
'I threw it away. What on earth was that?'
 
'Was what?'
 
'They said that you were feeling unwell and the doctor had to run more tests to find out what was wrong. You planned it, didn't you!'
 
What? 'I didn't do it!'
 
'Yeah right! Of course you did it!'
 
'I said it wasn't me!'
 
'Sure it wasn't you. Who else would have done it! Do you really think it's funny to play such a joke? Do you know how worried I was-'
 
Jaebum glared at you when you flung the pillow at his face, hard.
 
But before he could continue, he was interrupted by someone banging on the door. 'Yah! Jaebum!'
 
'IM JAEBUM! IT WAS THE KIDS! WON DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT!'
 
And he immediately froze on the spot. His mind blanking out.
 
'Then was it funny for you? To see me in despair?' You mumbled, realizing what the boys might had done again.
 
'Hye-'
 
'Get out.'
 
'Jagi-'
 
'Don't come near me!'
 
'I-I'm really sorry-' Jaebum's voice trembled as he stepped closer to you despite you shouting at him. And you no longer had any more pillows to throw at him, all of them already on the ground.
 
'Get out!'
 
Jaebum immediately enveloped you in a tight hug, and you tried your best to struggle out of it, but it was of no use. And he knew.
 
'W-When were you p-planning on telling me?' You choked on your words, tears streaming out again.
 
But it was his turn to remain silent as he did not loosen his grip on you.
 
'Do y-you even know how hard it was? I kept t-thinking that you really wanted to forget about me.' You cried as you gripped onto his shirt tightly, not wanting to let go off him, not wanting him to ever leave you again.
 
'I'm really sorry, Hyewon-ah.'
 
'And I told you not to come in. You don't ever listen to me.'
 
'You don't listen to me either, hmm?' It pained him to see your tears, especially when he was the cause of it. 'But I'm really sorry, it's my fault. I shouldn't have kept it from you.' Jaebum whispered as he wiped your tears off gently, making you look into his eyes.
 
'Are we okay now?' He asked again, after hearing your sniffing come to a stop, and when your tears were no longer flowing.
 
'Mm.'
 
'I'm so sorry for screaming at my little princess and mummy hmm?' Jaebum softened his voice as his hand rested on your tummy gently. 'Daddy was being dumb again. Bad daddy. Forgive me?'
 
You giggled slightly when he took your hand to hit himself. 'Little princess?'
 
'I have a really good feeling that we're having a princess.'
 
'I'll have to deal with two senseless boys if we're having a boy.'
 
'I'll have to deal with mind-reading two girls if we're having a princess.'
 
'Either ways it would be one more stubborn addition to our family.' You laughed, and he smiled as he leaned in to peck your lips.
 
'Sounds like a perfect family to me.'
 
'Jaebum oppa, I wanted to be the one to tell you. I'm sorry...'
 
'Why would you apologize over this? It's okay. And you can still do the telling when our little prince come along.'
 

 

[A/N] Update~

Hope that this chapter was okay!!

And thank you for the subscribes and comments ^^

(ongoing giveaway -> here)

Thank you!

<3