Chapter 7

Peach

 

‘Let’s just go out, I’m hungry anyway-s’ Jaebum eyed you as you yawned, and then at your hand which was pulling him towards the door, but he decided not to say anything. 

Your mom looked at you disapprovingly as you bowed slightly to her when you saw her in the living room. ‘You should probably stop making Jaebumie wait you know.’

‘I’m sorry mom.’ And you probably should stop asking him to come to my room. It’s a girl’s room. 

‘Say sorry to him, not me.’ 

Here she goes again… You lifted your hand that was holding on to his, ‘See, we made up. He forgives me.’

You mother was about to say something, but seeing that your hands were indeed together, decided not to nag at you anymore. Seems like their going well with each other. 

You quickly pulled Jaebum out of your house, and stopped when you heard him chuckling. ‘I forgive you huh?’ And you immediately let go of his hand.

‘Mom was just being naggy. Where are we going for lunch?' 

'Well, I did have to wait quite a while every time...' 

Your eyes widened as you saw a slight pout on his face. And what does he want! 'I-I erm. Where are we going!' You stammered, hoping that he did not notice the slight blush on your face, which he unfortunately did. 

'Okay. Lunch.' 

Just when the both of you got in, his phone started to ring. Jackson? Why is he calling all of a-

'Hyung! Jaebum hyung!' 

'What?' 

'Why are you hanging out with Hyewon without us?!' And how did he- 'I want to talk to her!' 

'Dude, why would you-' 

'Jaebum hyung? Is noona there?!' Before he could even finish his sentence, the phone was passed over to Bambam. 

'No.' 

'You liar!' 

'Okay okay. What do you want.' 

'LET'S HAVE LUNCH TOGETHER!' Even you could hear sounds coming out from his phone as he held it away from his ear. 

'Wait. First things first, how did you guys even know-' 

'Jinyoung said so!' Jaebum sighed and hung up immediately. That Park Jinyoung again.

You looked over at him silently, realizing that he was cut off mid-sentence, and then hung up soon after. And that his face darkened slightly. 'Did something happen?'  

'Nothing happened.' He bit his lip as his fingers tapped on the steering wheel impatiently. I didn't even interfere whatever he was planning to do yesterday, and now what? Must he really do this? 

'Jaebum oppa?' His tapping immediately stopped as he turned to you. 'Did something go wrong? Or is there something to settle about the wedding, that's why we're eating out again?' 

Something to settle about the wedding? Oh yeah, if I don't come up with a reason, it'll probably be weird... 'Are all the invitations given out already?' 

'I haven't had the chance to pass them to my friends, but my parents already posted the ones to my relatives.'

You looked at him as he nodded his head, 'Okay.' 

'That's all?' He called me out for lunch just to ask that? He could have texted me to ask, couldn't he?  

Must I really have a reason to- '... The kids want to have lunch with you.' I can't believe that I'm actually using that as an excuse.  

'Oh. Okay. Jinyoung oppa didn't tell me anything about though.' Maybe 'cos he just came up with it too. 

Jaebum looked at his watch, then at you, and sighed, again. 'We'll probably have to call delivery at the studio again though. i don't think they can behave themselves if all eight of us were to eat outside.'

'I'm fine with that.' But why does he keep sighing? Is it my fault? Is he really angry that I had to make him wait just now? 

 

There was an awkward silence in the car before he decided to talk again, since you still felt that you did something wrong, and was too afraid to speak. 'Seems like the kids like you, a lot.' Or is Jackson just being weird as usual. Doubt it.  

'Is that a good thing or a bad thing?' 

'Both.' You merely nodded at his answer, while he added, 'Just let me know if you get uncomfortable with them. They're a really crazy bunch.'

 

Jaebum made everyone settle down in a circle around the food, with Jinyoung furthest away from you, which he fortunately abided to, since he knew that if he has caught on, and if he does anything else, Jaebum might just blow. While he got the less harmful ones to sit closer to you. 

 


'Hyewon,' You looked up from your drink when Mark patted you lightly on your shoulder. 'Let me borrow your husband-to-be for a moment.' He smiled as he pulled onto Jaebum, while you saw how Jaebum's eyes widened in alert as he looked at Mark, then at you. 

Now that he was gone, you took the chance and scooted closer to Youngjae, who was seated not too far away from you. 

'Is it just me or is Jaebum oppa angry?'

'Yeah. Kind of.' He turned to you, and then to Jaebum, while munching on the piece of pizza. 'But then again, sometimes he just choose to look fierce for no reason at all.' He quickly added when he saw the worried expression on your face. 

'Is he angry at me?' 

'Why? What did noona do?' 

'Erm. I accidentally fell asleep, was late as a result, and he had to wake me up.'

Youngjae's laughter brought your attention back to him, as you finally looked away from Jaebum, who seemed like he was getting lectured by Mark. 'Hyung wouldn't get mad over that.' Especially if its you. Did noona even see the way he looks at you? 'He's probably angry 'cos he wanted to have lunch with you alone.'

Lunch with me? 'But when I asked him, he said that you guys wanted to have lunch with me?' 

'It probably was his original plan, until Jackson hyung called him just now. I saw hyung and Bambam shouting into the phone, and didn't expect him to really bring you here.'

'He wanted to have lunch with me?' You asked again, but why?

'Noona, is it that strange for hyung to ask you out for lunch?'

'No... It's just that we always had to settle some wedding related stuff whenever he initiated lunch.'

'Maybe that's why hyung used us as an excuse, since he didn't have any wedding related stuff to talk about this time?' But why exactly? Aren't we just arranged?

 

'What's wrong.' Mark asked after pulling Jaebum to the far end of the room.

'Nothing.' 

'Something's wrong.'

'It's nothing.' 

'Is it Jinyoung?' How did he know? 'The whole world will be able to tell straight away when you're staring at him since the moment you stepped in.'

'He cheated.' He mumbled. 'I didn't even do or say anything when he went out with her yesterday. And now he's interfering when I wanted to have lunch with her. He didn't even want her to come out with me today. He schemed it.'

'It's about the bet isn't it.'

'He just wants to win. It's not fair for him to interfere-'

'Then why are you angry that he's interfering with you. That he's 'cheating'?' 

'Then he might just win!' Jaebum blurted out.

'Then why do YOU want to win?' Jaebum froze when Mark raised his voice. 'Why is it that you don't want her to be with Jinyoung. Aren't the both of you merely arranged? You're just strangers before all these happened.' 

'... Our grandparents want us to be together...' He said, this time softer, and doubting himself. 

'Well, go ahead and think of it that way if it makes you feel any better.' 

So what if I do like her? It's not like she likes me back? She just treats everyone the same way! The smile she gives when she talks to everyone. It's the same! ... Just give me time and I'm sure I have a chance too! 

'And if you really want to have even a chance, maybe pay more attention to her. Do you not realize that she noticed your behaviour too? You're getting angry at something which already happened, and it's not like you're going to talk to him about it. Why not do something that you can actually change?'

 

'I'm sorry.' You turned to Jaebum when he sat back down beside you, this time closer than before. And you noticed Mark smiling at you. 'My attitude wasn't that good since just now, right?' You nodded slightly, not knowing how to react at his sudden change of tone, while Youngjae laughed at the both of you. 'Choi Youngjae.' There it was, the stark change in tone, as Jaebum looked at him, while the latter grinned.

'Okay okay. Go on hyung. I'm not laughing anymore.' But he did not remove his eyes from the both of you, neither did he stop grinning. 

'Y-Yah-' You exclaimed in surprise when you felt him pulling you closer, with his arm around your waist. 'W-What are you doing?' The last time this actually happened, was back during the photoshoot, not forgetting that it was involuntary. 

'I'm sorry.' He whispered again. 'It's not your fault that I was being gloomy, I was just annoyed that my plans didn't work out. And I'm sorry for making you sad too.' 

You were getting uncomfortable as you felt your heart rate increasing, especially when there were six other pairs of eyes staring at the both of you. 'I-It's okay. Now you're the one making me uncomfortable oppa.' You muttered softly as you poked his arm, and he quickly retracted it. Why is he- Did he really meant to go out with me today? Not for wedding purposes? 

 


As soon as everyone's hunger was satisfied, the kids got noisy again. 

'Oh. Hyewon, I saw the invitation card! Is the RSVP number beside hyung yours?' You nodded as you tilted your head slightly, while Jaebum looked at Jackson. Now what does he want? 

Jackson grinned as he turned to Bambam and Yugyeom. 'Oh my god I got her number!' 

'What do you even want to do with her number.'

'Lots of things! We can hang out together, go shopping, eating, arcade... Aww yeah!' You looked at him in awe, why and how is he that excited? Just to hang out with me?

Mark looked over at the overly hyped up Jackson and sighed. Can't he just take note of the situation and not make Jaebum any more worried about anthing?

'Yeah! Then we don't have to go out with you hyungs all day!' Yugyeom added, while Jaebum looked horrified. Oh no, Jackson doesn't need that unnecessary ego-boost-

'See! Even the maknae agrees. So the three of us, and Bambam can hang out together and none of you are invited! This way people will no longer doubt my gender preference since all I do is go out with you guys.' Well I certainly have yet to agree to going out with them...

'Guys, she's getting married.' Mark interrupted.

'Yeah, we all know that.'

'Why do you want to waste her time when she can spend it with Jaebum instead?' The both of you looked at Mark. Oh this hyung could have just used another reason- / Spend time with who? 

'I'm pretty sure they'll get tired of each other soon.' Jackson grinned as he pointed at the both of you. 'Anyways, who wants to see put up with Jaebum hyung's mood swings all the-'

'Yah Jackson!' You flinched when Jaebum shouted right next to you. 'Oh cr- I'm sorry, are you okay?' You found Jaebum looking at you immediately as he patted your ear. What is he doin- 'That annoying Jackson-'

'I'm okay. I'm fine. Really.' You quickly pulled his hand down, and placed it back on his own lap. It was strange for you with all the sudden contact. And you agreed with Jackson's point regarding his mood swings. 

'She's my fiancée, not yours. So you still have to ask me if you want to hang out with her.' Wait, why is he agreeing on my behalf?

'Fine by me.' Did they just settle it? Like, what? / Maybe it'll be fine to let them hang out together once in awhile. She seems entertained by them. 

 

Jinyoung was getting frustrated by what Jaebum did just now, and did not bother to keep quiet anymore. 'Won-ah,-'

'All of you can make it right? For the wedding?' He turned and glared at Jaebum. While the rest of them nodded, oblivious to the tension going on between the both of them, except for Mark. While you were too busy being amused by Jackson and his weird antics.

'Hyewon, you-'

'Don't forget the date okay? It's on the 30th.' Just what on earth is this hyung trying to do? 

Jinyoung moved closer towards you, seeing that the bag of food was now gone. 'Hyewon do you have time later?' You finally looked up and nodded. 'You left something over at-'

Can he just freaking stop interfering. Jaebum, too, was getting extremely annoyed. 'Oh and, she's coming over to work from next week onwards.' You snapped your head to him. What? Since when? 

 


 

[A/N] Thank you sooo much for all the really sweet comments and subscribers :DDD 

Hope that this chapter wasn't a disappointment! And I'll try to update sooner if possible! 

(I'm sorry that I missed out a few parts which I forgot to italics when I looked through the chap (like some portions for the previous chapters) and that it might have been confusing! ><)

Thank you so much once again! I really didn't expect that much comments and subscribes xD

<3