Chapter 1

Peach
 
Jaebum hardly noticed the girl who walked past him when he came out of the lift, other than the lasting faint peach scent. 501, 501, Oh there. He stopped in front of the door and waited for a while after pressing the bell. But didn't that person just came out of here? Since when did Jinyoung had girls over? 
 
'Hyung!' It did not take long for Jinyoung to open the door at all. Seeing that he just sent off someone. Specifically, a girl. 
 
'Hey.' He muttered as he went into Jinyoung's house.
 
'Did you just come back?' Jaebum nodded his head. 'Awww, did you come over to see me once you landed?'
 
He rolled his eyes as he headed to Jinyoung's room. 'Do you see me carrying my luggage with me? No.' And the moment he stepped in, he could smell that same peach scent again. And it was starting to disturb him. 'Did you just have a girl over?' He turned to Jinyoung while he sat down on the bed, where the scent was even stronger. 
 
'Uh, yeah. How'd you know?' Jinyoung said cheekily as he rubbed the back of his neck. 
 
'I don't remember you using peach scented products.' He paused and contemplated if he should ask him about the bed, but went against it. Maybe I'm just being too paranoid. 
 
'Oh. Heh. It was my friend.' He himself did not realize, as he has grown accustomed to the smell, to the extent that it feels weird without it. 
 
'Friend? Or girlfriend?' Jaebum eyed him weirdly as he laid down, staring at the ceiling. If he has a girl, I'm going to really be alone. 
 
Jinyoung laughed. 'Friend. Just friend. We're not dating.'
 
'Are you getting married?'
 
'Hyung!' Jaebum burst into laughter while Jinyoung threw a nearby pillow at him. 
 
Both of them did not know what was coming at them. And by then, none of them would be laughing. 
 
'Have you seen the rest yet? Are you going later?'
 
'Nope, my mom wants me to go back early tonight. She says that there's something important. Maybe I'll drop by to say hi to the guys if I have the time afterwards.' 
 
 
 
Jaebum eyed his surroundings as he listened to his iPod in the backseat of his parents' car. I thought we were going somewhere posh for my 'Welcome Home' dinner, since they even made me wear a suit? Some Korean cuisine will do just fine, seeing that it's been 5 years since I last came back
 
He decided to take a short nap, but the moment he closed his eyes, the car came to a stop. 'Jaebum-ah, we're here.' Here? Who's house is this? 
 
 
 
'Won-ah! Can you wear something presentable please! We're having guests!' Your mother shouted from the floor below. 
 
'Okay mom!' You shouted back as you headed to your room. What's wrong with this? So shorts aren't presentable? I don't even wear short shorts! 
 
'Won-ah! Won!'
 
'Yes mom?'
 
'Dress! Wear a dress!' I can't say that I didn't see that coming.
 
'Okay mom!' 
 
'You two woman please stop shouting. Your old lady's going deaf.' You heard your grandmother mumbling as she came out of her room on the ground floor towards the living room. Why is halmoni dressed up too? 
 
 
 
You looked at the black casual dress which you slipped on, which stopped right above your knees. Well, it looks fine. 'WON-AHHHHH!' Oh damn. 
 
'COMING!!!' Did she invite the mayor over or something? 
 
'What did I say about shouting in the house?' Your grandmother sighed and you giggled as you went to hug her. 
 
'I'm sorry halmoni~ Umma started it.' You pouted as she patted your head. 
 
'Yeah yeah honey. You look pretty today.' You laughed as you sat down next to her.
 
'But halmoni,' You paused as you leaned in beside her. 'Don't you know that your honey looks pretty everyday?' The both of you burst out laughing.
 
'And I thought you were humble.' She faked a sigh as she smiled at you heartwarmingly. 
 
'I am!' You exclaimed. 'Don't you know that your honey is so-' You were about to rattle on when you were interrupted by the door opening and your dad. 
 
'I'm back, and guess who I met at the gate.' Who? 
 
 
 
Jaebum saw your interaction with your grandmother through the window, and found himself smiling when you laughed. She's actually quite, decent. But then again, what are we doing here? 
 
You stood up and helped your grandmother along, as you greeted the guests, even though you had no idea who they are. 'Annyeonghasaeyo.' 
 
However, your grandmother seemed to know them very well. 'Omo, how long has it been. Is that your son? He's grown so tall!' You stepped aside as the strangers came forward to hug your grandmother.
 
Meanwhile, you glanced at the so called 'son' your grandmother was referring to, and saw a guy wearing a casual suit, with his black hair combed back. And he was tall. You bowed slightly at him too, while he did the same. Maybe he's around 3 years older than me? He, looks kind of familiar though? 
 
Her height stops just below my shoulder. She looks kind of cute. In that plain black dress. Your hair reached over your shoulders slightly, and was slightly waved, just the way he liked it. Wait, snap out of it Im Jaebum. What are you even thinking? ... But, I think I saw her somewhere before? 
 
'Jaebum right?' He looked at your grandmother and nodded. 'Come over here, let this old lady take a good look at you.' She gestured for Jaebum to come closer, which also meant that he was closer to you. She's not wearing make up? But she looks- Good. '- And this is my lovely granddaughter, Hyewon, honey, say hi to this handsome young lad.' Hyewon? I'm certain that I heard the name somewhere before
 
It struck him when you got even closer to shake his hands. Peach
 
 
 
You found yourself seated opposite Jaebum at the dining table, while the both of you still had no idea what was going on. You simply assumed that it was some adults' business, and their son was made to tag along. 
 
However, Jaebum felt that there was something strange. What is so important that you have to arrange this on the night I just came back from overseas? And I still can't figure out where I've seen her before. But that peach scent. I can't possibly get it wrong. 
 
You were almost done with dinner when the adults addressed the both of you. Thank goodness, the awkwardness is killing me. 
 
Your grandmother, who was seated at the head of the table, started off. 'So, Jaebum and Hyewon. The both of you know each other right?' You blinked. Jaebum looked at you and then at your grandmother weirdly. She laughed. 'How can you kids have such bad memory? Even though you're two years apart, you've been in the same high school if I wasn't wrong?' 
 
Sudden realization dawned on the both of you. Yeah... No wonder he looks familiar. / So that's where I saw her before. 'So the both of you remember now?' You both nodded. 'You know, I've been friends with Jaebum's grandparents for a really long time,' I don't kind of like where this is going. You moved in your seat slightly. But if that's the case, how come I've never seen her outside school before? We should be seeing each other quite often if our grandparents are close. And that was exactly what you were thinking too. 
 
'And for quite some time already, it has been me alone.' Yeah, halmoni passed away quite some time back. Maybe that's why we didn't keep in contact? Jaebum listened on as your parents nodded along silently. 'Actually, we made an agreement,' What agreement? Usually in dramas, that's when the announcement of the two being engaged is made. Nah, Kim Hyewon, you should stop watching so much dramas. This is real life situation. Not some drama with good looking leads. 'Since I'm also getting older, it would be nice to get it done soon.' Get what done? 
 
By now, the parents are already looking at the both of you anticipatingly. 'The both of you, are getting married at the end of the month.' . / Wait what?! 
 
You stared blankly at your grandmother, and Jaebum was the first to speak up. 'What?' They must be kidding. 
 
'What's wrong? Both of you know each other don't you?'
 
Okay, Kim Hyewon. Stay calm. Everything is under control. 'But halmoni, we only go to the same school for a year. I don't even see him around.' You told her as calmly as you could. 
 
'We can't possibly marry each other when we don't even know one another, much less have feelings for each other.' Jaebum added, and you could not help but to notice a slight tinge of annoyance in his voice. And to think that I thought he was decent. 
 
'Both of you are single, and you went to the same school before. It's perfect!' You looked at your mother. Perfect? So you randomly pick a girl and a guy in school, and as long as they are both single, it's perfect? 
 
'Both of you ARE single right?' Jaebum's father spoke up too as he looked at the both of you.
 
'Y-Yes, but-' You both said at the same time, while Jaebum continued. 'That doesn't mean that we have to marry each other? Heck, I don't even remember seeing her before!' Your eyes widened as he raised his voice unknowingly at the last sentence. 
 
'Im Jaebum.' His father enunciated each syllabus as he glared at him. 
 
'Can't you just do this old lady a favour? I don't have much time left already, can't you help me fulfill this promise I made with your grandparents too? Hmm?' You flinched when she said that she did not have much time left. And it was true. She was getting weaker and weaker, though she tried hard not to show it.
 
You stayed quiet, not knowing how to respond to that. Halmoni shouldn't keep saying that she doesn't have much time left already. She's still healthy! She can still joke around with me! You were actually just trying to persuade yourself that you were not exactly going to lose her anytime soon. 
 
Why is she so quiet all of a sudden? Jaebum looked at you who was now staring at your food. Is it 'cos of her halmoni saying that? He could see the fear in your eyes, and thought back to when he first saw you through the window, happily laughing along with your grandmother. She must be very close to her. Jaebum looked at both parents again. But that doesn't mean I'm going to agree to this easily
 
'Okay.' You lifted your head sharply to look at Jaebum. Wait, did I just say that? What have you done Im Jaebum, I thought-
 
'B-But, n-' You stammered in shock at what Jaebum said, but it was too late. Your grandmother clapped her hands together happily. 
 
'I knew you wouldn't let me down! Great! We'll get things planned out as soon as possible, and will settle the wedding to be at end of the month!' You could see both of your parents smiling at the both of you, while you looked back at Jaebum. What on earth is wrong with him?
 
If I didn't say okay, someone will end up crying. And that will be the last thing I want for to happen. Fine, I said okay in the end. That doesn't mean that this is going to go smoothly. Especially, peach. I knew I saw her somewhere before. 
 
Either ways, we'll definitely be unable to go against our parents and halmoni in the end. The both of you thought. 
 
 
 
 
 
'Woah hyung, what are you wearing?' Bambam asked as he saw Jaebum take off his blazer and dumped it on the couch. 
 
'I thought you said that you had something on?' Jinyoung asked, but they all noticed that he did not look normal. 
 
'Something on? Tsk.' Jaebum snickered as he slumped onto the seat and drowned down one shot straight away. They all knew instantly that there was something wrong with their hyung. 
 
 
 
'Peach.' Jaebum slurred his words as he reached out for another cup. 
 
'Peach? Hyung do you want me to go get some peaches for you?' Jackson asked unwittingly. But no one understood what Jaebum meant anyways. 
 
'Hyung? Are you okay?' Youngjae asked as they crowded around Jaebum who slouched across the couch. 
 
          Just then, Jinyoung's phone started to ring, he glanced at the Caller ID and immediately picked it up. 'Hello?'
 
'Noo.' 
    
          'Oppa?' Jinyoung could tell the change in your tone straight away. She didn't sound as cheerful as usual.
 
'Just tell us what happened.' Mark urged. They had to find the cause of the problem to solve it, so that Jaebum would stop lounging on the couch, drunk. 
 
          'Why? Did something happen?' Jinyoung glanced over at Jaebum as he said into the phone. 
 
'I'm engaged. To Kim Hyewon.'
 
          'I'm engaged. To Im Jaebum.' 
 
Hell no. 
 

 
[A/N] So here is the first chapter! It's kind of short, but I hope that it wasn't that bad and that you guys were okay with it!
 
Do comment and subscribe!
 
Thank you <3