Chapter 17

Peach

'Bling bling.'

This is extremely weird.

'Look. Its bling bling.'

You shuddered as you turned away from the person before you. I don't know him. I've never seen him before.

'Uh- Hyung.' Youngjae made an attempt at a conversation with him. 'Jaebum hyung? Hyungnim?' But the latter failed terribly as the Jaebum's eyes remained fixated on the ring on his finger.

Fortunately for you, there wasn't much people so you weren't exactly holding up any queue. But that didn't mean that people nearby weren't staring at the person who was now your husband.

'Hyewon-ah. This isn't a fraud. Believe me. I never knew that he was this kind of person.' Mark said as he shook his head, while you handed the ticket agent your passports.

'It's too late already right?'

'Noona, we can just run away together. You and the rest of us six. Then he can have fun with his bling for all he wants.'

'Hyewon, I think you just married a psycho.'

'I think so too.' You smiled as the person behind the counter tried to keep a straight face at what Mark just added.

'I'm not a psycho.'

Finally, a sentence without the word 'bling' in it. 'You just have obsessive wedding ring disorder.'

'Yeah.'

You eyed him when he actually agreed to what you said, and found yourself being dragged to the side as he hooked your arm around his. Now what? More bling?

'They're here to help us. You don't have to do the checking in.'

He is acting extremely dorky right now. 'But don't we have to show our faces or something?'

'What were you thinking before that?' Jaebum grinned as he saw your eyes widening at what he just said. 'Hmm?'

'Nothing.'

'I bet you secretly love seeing this side of me, don't you?'

'I don't.'

'Then why is your face turning red?'

'N-No!'

'Sureee.'

'Love' is too strong of a word. He can't just use it like that.

Jaebum found his eyes darting to your lips as he recalled the bet. Does she really not like me though? At all? Not even a teeny bit? Is this just really a marriage on paper to her? 

But she did return the kiss just now, and didn't seem like she hated it?

'Hyung, can I borrow Hyewon noona for a moment?' Youngjae suddenly appeared next to you as he gave Jaebum his brightest smile. Please, let it work.

And he wasn't surprised when Jaebum frowned. 'Why!'

'Youngjae needs some help with something.' Mark quickly grabbed onto Jaebum as he waved you off to follow the younger one.

 

'I thought we agreed on not calling me noona?' You whispered as you headed towards the counter.

'Hyung glared at me whenever I called you by your name. And looks like a serial killer when I said Hyewonie or Hyewon-ah.' He replied in a hushed tone, turning around for a quick glance at the said male to check that he wasn't in hearing distance. 'I've never seen hyung this childish before though.'

'I wasn't expecting it either.' Though you had to admit that it was cute. Just a tad bit. 'So what did you need help with?'

'Uh. That...'

'Kim Hyewon-ssi?' The lady behind the counter smiled at you, while you nodded back. 'I'm sorry to inform you that the flight is cancelled. Would you like for a later flight or I can also check if we're able to give you a refund. I've heard that it's your honeymoon trip, and I'm really sorry for the mistake. We can also help to change flights if you have another destination in mind?'

You immediately turned to see Youngjae rubbing his neck awkwardly. 'Apparently they did message me beforehand but I think I overlooked it. Jaebum hyung would have slaughtered me and Mark hyung wanted me to settle it. Heh.'

This kid really... 'It's okay, is it possible for you to check when's the earliest flight to Jeju-do?'

'Sure. Give me a moment.'

'Jeju-do? Hyewon, you're not for real right?' Youngjae stared at you in disbelief. 'You can't do this!!'

'Didn't you ask me to come over to help you?'

'You're sending me to my death bed!! From Hawaii to Jeju-do? Do you not know who your husband is?'

'I might not know him better than you do, but I do know him at the very least.'

'Exactly! No, not Jeju-do. At least see if there's a later flight to Hawaii? I'd rather get killed for a delay than a switch-'

'There's a flight scheduled for Jeju-do just five minutes later than your original one to Hawaii. And there's still vacancies.'

'Okay! Then I'll have our tickets switched to that then. Thank you!'

'Hyewon-ah. Hyewon noona. You can't- I promised hyung that I had it all planned out-'

'It's okayy. He wouldn't kill you.' You smiled as you patted his shoulder slightly. Though you knew that Youngjae was in for a long talk with Jaebum when you get back. 'Youngjae-ah, can you do me a favour and check-in at the other counter, silently?'

'See! You're afraid of hyung too aren't you!'

'It'll be fine.'

'No it wouldn't!'

 

 

'It hasn't even been hours since we got married and someone is already stealing my wife.'

Was what you managed to hear when you hurried back to his side, while you glanced at Mark.

'Nobody's stealing anybody's wife.' You nudged the person next to you as you held onto his arm.

'Why's the thief bringing our luggage elsewhere?'

'They said that the system wasn't working well at that counter.'

'Oh.'

'Oppa.'

'If you're going to mention about the thief, forget it.'

He really is being extremely childish today.

'Were you really going to talk about him?'

'I was calling Mark oppa, not you.'

'Yah!' And you flinched when you did not see it coming. 'How could you!'

You exchanged looks with Mark, but he simply shrugged back at you. 'Oh, Youngjae is back.'

'I said not to mention that thief's name.'

'Noona, it's done.' You gave him a smile as he handed you the passports, both yours and Jaebum's. And you could tell that he was trying not to let his expressions give everything away. 

'Thank you!'

But they were soon dismissed by Jaebum as he was starting to give the both of them death glares, one from 'stealing' you, and the other one from that mere 'oppa' that wasn't directed at him. 

However, once they were out of sight, he was grinning from ear to ear again. Finally. 

 

 

'So what happened?' Mark asked, quickly catching onto the drop in Youngjae's mood.

'I need to quickly make reservations. Hyewon changed it to Jeju-do.'

'What?'

'Yes.'

'Jaebum's gonna flip.'

'Yeah hyung.'

'What was she even thinking?'

 

 

When you slipped your hand into his, Jaebum became even more cheerful.

Then he noticed. That something must have happened. She wouldn't do this all of a sudden.

And he found out what was wrong only when he saw the gate that you brought him to. 

Seeing the information screen, he was starting to question why you brought him here, and if you actually noticed, until he decided to say it out loud. 'Wrong gate.' 

He watched you as you lifted your head, and looked at the same screen that he had been staring for the past few minutes. 'It's correct.'

'Hyewon.'

'Oppaaa.' You quickly pouted as you started to pull him into the security counter, while he did not remove his eyes from you. 'Let's just go in first hmm?'

 

 

And only when he was seated in his seat, on a plane that claimed it was flying to Jeju Island, did he finally realized what might have happened. 'You don't have to cover for that Choi Youngjae's mistakes. I'll get him when we get back- I swear that kid-' And I thought it was the end to him they left the airport. I really have to lecture-

'Jaebum oppa, it's really not his fault, I was the one who changed it to Jeju-do.'

'Why are you on his side. He's even making us quarrel right after our wedding.'

'But it really isn't his fault.' You said calmly, trying not to make him even angrier. 'Oppa?'

He sighed as he closed his eyes. 'What happened to the original flight?'

'It was cancelled. Youngjae missed out on the message that informed him of the cancellation.'

'So isn't it-' Another sigh as he squeezed onto your hand that you've been afraid to remove from his grasp, in case it made the situation worser than it already was. 'Then what happened?'

'The person said she could either check for a later flight, give us a refund, or change the destination.'

'And?'

'And I asked when was the earliest flight to Jeju-do.'

'Which is the one we're on right now?'

'Mmhmm.' You were starting to feel guilty for not asking for his opinion in the first place. Though that would mean that Jaebum would have exploded at Mark and Youngjae right at the airport.

'Am I supposed to ask why you did that?'

'I thought maybe we could save that trip for another time.'

'Why?'

'When we get closer later, it'll be much more fun to travel then.'

'But it's our honeymoon that we're talking about.'

'We can go to Jeju-do for our honeymoon.'

And you found yourself panicking when he removed his hand from yours, clenching his fist as he looked away from you.

'Oppa are you mad at me?'

'Yes.'

'Oppa?'

'I don't know you. Don't come close to me.' He pouted.

'Jaebum oppa?'

'Who's your oppa. Go away.'

'You're my oppa. You're my Jaebum oppa.' No matter how mad he was, he felt his heart fluttering when you said that. Which made him even angrier.

'I'm angry.'

You saw his eyes glimpsing at you when you lifted the arm rest between the both of you. Before you hugged onto his arm. 'Hmm?'

'I'm still angry.'

And he could feel his heart wavering when you fiddled with his fingers before sliding yours in.

No. Don't- She's a puny little annoying-

'Jaebum-ssi?'

'But honeymoon is meant for after the wedding!' You grinned when his voice became slightly higher, when he finally looked back at you.

'We can always go for as many as we want though?'

Immediately, you saw how his eyes twinkled. Was it a bad idea for me to say that? 'You can't take that back.'

'Then are you still mad at me?'

'I'll think about it if you don't let go of this for the entire trip.'

'Entire trip? Plane trip or trip trip?'

'What do you think?'

 

 

 

'The weather is good isn't it?'

'Yes yes.'

You frowned as you looked at him. Unsure if he was being sarcastic or not.

'I mean it. The weather is good.' He lifted your linked hands. 'There's no reason for it to be not good. Right?'

Tsk.

'But what about the accommodation?'

'Youngjae sent me the details already.'

Youngjae Youngjae Youngjae. 

You froze slightly when you found him leaning closer to you, before he whispered into your ear. 'Stop mentioning his name. I'll get jealous.' 

 

 

 

With the flight to Jeju being after your wedding and a few delays here and there, it wasn't that early when you've finally reached the hotel. And on top of it, it was obvious that the both of you were starting to feel the tiredness from the day's events, though you tried not to let it show.

Hence, Jaebum decided to turn in early, after being pleasantly surprised at how the 'thief' managed to choose a good hotel within that few hours, and after having his stomache filled with food which fitted his tastebuds perfectly.

And you were glad that everything was actually going well, with his tantrums decreasing starkly when you arrived there.

But now, you didn't know what to feel as you sat by the bed, waiting. All you could hear was the water going on in the toilet, and your heart beating rapidly.

And it wasn't like you just had a nightmare either, to be able to fall asleep easily with someone in the same bed. A male, especially. 

Yah, Kim Hyewon. You're married already. This is a given. Are you going to expect him to sleep on the couch again? But-

Ring Ring.

That doesn't sound like my phone though. 

You quickly dug through the pile of clothes by the table, and brought the ringing device to the toilet, before shouting, hoping that he could hear you over the noise. 'Oppa, someone is calling you!'

'Can you help me answer it first?'

'Okay!'

 

'Hello?' Holding it to your ear, what came next caught you by surprise. 

'Isn't this Bumie's phone?'

'Who?'

'Bumie. Jaebumie. Who are you? Why are you answering his phone?'

'I'm-' You found yourself pausing unknowingly, unsure how to go on.

'Whatever, can you pass the phone to him?'

'He's in the toilet.'

'Then I'll call back later.'

'Okay, may I know who are y-'

You stared at his phone blankly as the person hanged up on you. Who is she? And, 'Bumie'? 'Jaebumie'?

But one thing for sure was that you didn't feel good at all from what you just heard.

His friend? Why would his friend be calling him at a time like this if she knew that he's on his honeymoon. But the number isn't saved-

You were greatly startled when a pair of arms suddenly wrapped around you from behind, and you turned to find his face directly next to yours as he rested his chin on your shoulder.

And your mind immediately went blank again. With the scent of his shampoo right next to you, and the fluffy feeling of his bath robe against your skin.

'Jagiya?'

It was as though a switch went off in your head. You could not remember anything which happened. Or what you were going to say. And you just stood still, eyes on the wall before you, while his chuckles made a reappearance.

'Am I that good looking?'

You could feel him steering you towards the bed, all the while not removing his arms from you, while you were still in a daze.

'Hyewon-ah, are you okay? Can you speak?'

Finally opening your mouth, nothing but a cough came out.

'Aigoo, my wife is blushing. Isn't she?'

He's enjoying this too much.

'Yeap. I am.'

And that successfully made you turn to him, though you could not ignore the sound of your heart beating rapidly. 'A girl called.'

'Girl? Why would you call me when you're already with me?' He grinned, but immediately stopped when he saw that you did not give any form of response to him. 'Is it a wrong number?'

'She was looking for Bumie. Jaebumie.' And you saw his face cringing when he heard that. But at the same time, he could sense that you were slightly angsty over the call. 

'Did she say who she was?'

'She hung up on me when I asked.' 

You could feel your mind going into a state of hibernation again when his hands rubbed over yours, and him humming as he did not remove his chin from where it was. 

Can he stop distracting me-

'I can't remember anyone who will call me that though. I'll call the number back tomorrow and let you know? Hmm?' He nudged you gently with his head, before giving you a light peck on your cheek. 'I'm sorry if the call made you angry.'

'It's okay. It's just a call.'

And you could feel him nodding on your shoulder. 'You must be tired, let's sleep first, then we can make full use of our time tomorrow.' 

You shimmied under the sheets slightly, not turning to him as you felt him edging closer to you. And you didn't realize that you were waiting for him until you noticed that he didn't seem like he was going to move anymore. 

'I won't move over the line until you tell me to.' His voice broke the silence, while you simply stared into the darkness. 'In case you feel uncomfortable.'

Why is he suddenly being polite and making things hard for me. He never did ask before hugging me. 

Jaebum took a glance at you, to find your body still turned away from him. Is she really not going to say anything?

And you flinched when you felt the pair of familiar arms around you again, though you only stayed startled for a few seconds before he could feel you relaxing in his arms. 

'I didn't tell you that it was okay.'

'You didn't say that it was not okay either.' 

'Mm.'

 


 

[A/N] Updated!! 

This was longer than I expected it to be hahahahah. But longer chapters are good right? (Unless I kind of made it draggy then oops. hehe)

As usual, thank you so much for the comments and subscribes!!

And hope that you liked the chapter ;)

Thank you!

<3