Chapter 14

Peach

Jaebum stilled when he opened his eyes, to find you snuggled closely to him, your hand resting on his shirt, and his arms around you. 

I thought that there was a gap in between us last night-? 

As he contemplated whether or not to move away from you, his hands were playing with your hair unconsciously again, ruffling it slightly, then brushing it out of your face. 

What- is he doing? I don't just open my eyes all of a sudden right? Or else he'll know that I wasn't exactly asleep.

And I don't think I would want to explain what I was doing before that.  

You sniffed as you shifted ever so slightly, and felt his entire body stiffened in response. Before opening your eyes slowly and blinked.

Don't let your expressions reveal anything. Don't. 

Jaebum smiled as his hands resumed the mess he was making on your head, and this time did not bother to move it out of your face anymore. 'Good morning.' So that hopefully you wouldn't catch on that he was starting to get nervous. 

But you yourself was too occupied to notice that. You were trying hard to calm your heart down, with him awake, and just inches away from you. And that smile along with the 'Good morning', made everything so much better. I wouldn't mind going to work if I get to wake up to this everyday- What am I even thinking- Don't. It's not time to think about this yet.

'M-Morning oppa.'

'Did you sleep well?' You finally decided to look at him, but to find his eyes fixated on your hair as he proceeded to untangle the knots. 

'Mm.'

'No nightmares anymore?'

'...Nope.' And that looking gradually made its way to staring.

'Am I that good looking?' W-What- Your eyes immediately darted down again as you felt your face burning up. 

'I didn't even say anything!' And you mentally cursed yourself when your voice cracked, your eyes sealing tight as you refused to accept what just happened. 

His low chuckles were right next to you as he smoothened out the last few strands of hair, and only when you felt him removing his arms from around you, that you realized that they were there the entire time. 

'Sleep a little while longer, I'll go wash up and then wake you up. Then we can go out to eat afterwards.' 

After reluctantly dragging himself out of bed, he placed the blanket over you. And just when he was about to move away, saw you peeking out from beneath it. 

You quickly hid back underneath it when you locked eyes with him. And his laughter was heard again. You actually thought that he already went away, well he did say he was going to wash up, and did not expect him to still be looking at you by the bed. 

'Aigoo. It's okay, you can see my face all you want later, and whenever you want to.' You felt him patting your head twice, before his laughter faded off, followed by the click of the toilet door. 

By then, your face already as red as a tomato.



 


'Hyewon?' 

'Hmm?' You eyed him as he seated you down before him on the couch. And placed the ointment in your hands. 

I thought he didn't care about the ointment? 

'Help me with it.' 

'Oppa you can just do it yourself.' But as you said that, the cap was already on the table next to you. 

'I can't see my own face.' Does he even know how dumb he sound right now? 

'Then use the mirror in the toilet.' 

'I don't see the point in me admiring my own reflection when I can let you do it.' And he saw your cheeks turning pink again. 'Let you help me with the ointment I mean. What were you thinking? Let you admire my face?' He chuckled as he reached out to pinch your cheeks lightly. 

You pursed your lips as you glared at him, still continuing with applying the ointment, while you tried your hardest to ignore your burning cheeks. And his stares.  

'Done.' 

That was fast. 'You sure?'

'Yeap.'

'I think you missed a spot though.' 

'Where?' You scanned his face again, your thumb lightly rubbing over the fading bruises for the second time, to find that there was already ointment applied there. 

'Maybe it's done.' 

'Isn't that what I said just now?'

'You did?'

You narrowed your eyes at him. 'I did.' 

'Wait.' He held onto your hand just when it left his face, while you stared back at him. 'Your hands are really soft.' He added, before letting go, and that was when you realized that you didn't actually really miss any spot before that. 



 





After another day of making confirmations for the last time, to ensure that everything was in place and that even back-up Plan E was in place under your mother's supervision, you were finally back at home, slumped in your bed. 

You were finally able to check your phone after hours, with nobody around you to rush you, nobody frenetically moving around giving orders. And as usual, you saw two missed calls and a message. 

    Call me when you're free?  

'Hello?' 
You were starting to get used to how he always seemed to answer your call within the first few rings.

'Are you feeling better?' Was the first thing he asked, even though you weren't sick to begin with, and from your voice he could already hear how tired you were. But he needed an excuse to call you with, as usual. 

'I'm fine oppa.' 

'Did you just get home?' 

'Mm a while ago. I just showered.' 

'Preparing to sleep?' 

'Maybe.' 

'I can hang up if you want. You need to rest.' 

'Don't hang up.' 

He confessed the other day, and he wasn't exactly pleased with your response. But your small actions told him that you might just actually feel the same about him too. Just that you weren't prepared to admit to it. 

'Do you need me to go over?' 

'Nope.' 

'Do you want me to go over?' I bet an ice cream that she'll not answer me this time. 

'Umma say I can't meet you.' 

When he started calling from about a week ago, it was when all the checks with the wedding planner started. Then one day, you casually asked your mother, if you could go out at night, since it was the only time which you were free, but she answered firmly with, 'No. You need your sleep. Or else your complexion will worsen. And you're not supposed to meet Jaebum. Especially the night before. You hear me?' When did I even mention anything about him!

'So you do want to see me right?' 

'I can't see you.' 

'But do you want to?' 

'Oppa, it's late.' 

There was silence as he contemplated whether or not to. 'I want to see you thoughhh.' He whined. 

'... Me too.' 

'Hyewon, are you asleep yet?' You froze when you heard your mother from outside your room, and immediately switched off the lights before jumping into your bed. 

Knock knock. And the door peeked opened, with a stream of light shining in. 

'Sleeping?' 

'Hmm?' You mumbled, pulling the sheets over your head. 

'Sleep now, you're going to have to wake up early tomorrow.' Like I haven't been waking up early everyday. 

'Mm.'

'Night.' 

'Good night.' And with that, the door closed, while you immediately reached for your phone again. 


'I'm sorry oppa, umma came in.' Yeah I heard. 

'I think it's better if I hang up hmm?' 

And he was smiling again when he heard you hesitating. '... But-' 

'You need to rest for tomorrow.' 

Wait what? He's not going to hang up just like that right? 

'Hyewon-ah, you should sleep soon-'

And he burst into laughter when you hung up on him without replying at all. 



He was the one who asked me to call him, then he wanted to end the call? How could he?! 

Conclusion: Im Jaebum is evil. 

Just when you were about to dump your phone away, you felt it vibrate twice, and you quickly glanced through the latest message. 

    I think the person whom you want to see is outside your window. 

What nonsense is he- Wait- He isn't serious, right? 

You slowly, and cautiously edged towards your window, before looking out of it. 



He is insane. 

And the phone ringing in your hands startled you back into reality. 

'Hey princess.' 

'Who are you.'

'Your husband as of tomorrow.' You squinted your eyes as you opened your window. It was really him. 'Are you not going to invite me in?' 

'Through my window?' She's so weird at times, yet still so cute. 

'Sure, as long as you have a rope?' 

'I don't have a rope, what do you think this is huh?' 

'Fairytale?' Oh my god. Is he drunk? 

'Oppa, if you're going to come in, can you at least use the conventional way?' 

'Then open the door for me.' 

'Why should I.' 


 



'They're in their room.'

You closed the main door lightly, while he quickly and quietly zoomed to your room after glancing left and right. 

What is he doing here anyways?

When you were back in your room, Jaebum already settled himself on your bed, bobbing up and down slightly while you eyed him weirdly. 

Wouldn't we be seeing each other tomorrow? Technically, in a few hours time. 

'Shouldn't you be with the boys now though?' You asked as you sat in the chair opposite him, and he stretched out of the bed to pull you closer. 

'I came over after you called.' And that was when you noticed that there was a little alcohol scent from him. But not too much to overwhelm you with. You weren't exactly surprised. Once he called you 'princess', and that he was actually here, before you. 

'You-' 

'I drank just a little. They made me drink more but I didn't.' 

'But isn't it late already?' 

'But you wanted to see me. And I wanted to see you too, so here I am.'

'But I'm pretty sure you were already outside before I called you.'

'Aren't you a smart oneee.' He grinned as he pinched your cheeks again, something which he has gotten really used to doing, in addition to playing with your hair. 

'Jaebum oppa-'

'Hyewon? She should be asleep by now though?' . The both of you immediately turned to where the sound was coming from. 

Shouldn't mom be asleep by now too?? 

'Really? Is it that important?' Her voice was getting louder, while you rushed to switch off the lights and hid under your covers, where Jaebum was too. 

And you tried to focus on the voice that was getting louder instead of the pair of arms snaking around your waist. 

Just then, the door opened again, and the both of you stayed as still as possible. 'Jinyoung-ah, she's asleep already, maybe you can talk to her tomorrow instead?'

You heard the door click close, and the sound of her footsteps subsiding, and heaved a sigh of relief, not noticing that the person next to you was frozen for a moment.

Jinyoung? He wasn't there at the pub just now before I left. They said he was coming later- Did one of them tell him that I'm here? 

Jaebum snapped himself out of his thoughts when he felt you shifting. 'Oppa, I think umma's gone. We can get u-'

'Hyewon.' His arms stayed firmly around you as the blanket was pulled off your heads, and you looked back at him. 

'Hmm?'

'Hyewon, I have a confession to make.'

What confession? 'Mm?' 

'I'm slightly teeny drunk right now.'

You giggled softly when he said it so seriously. 'I can tell that.' 

'Just a little slightly drunk.' 

'Jaebum oppa, I get your point-' 

But you were interrupted when he leaned in, and felt his lips on yours. 

You immediately froze in place, his arms pulling you even closer, and you could taste the alcohol from his lips, making yourself slightly, just slight, intoxicated. 

When you more or less finally registered what was happening, he pulled away, grinning cheekily at you as he pinched your cheeks again. 

'I'll see you tomorrow.' And he got off your bed, then the door opened and closed again. And now, all you could hear was your heart beating extremely loudly. 

 


 

[A/N] Updated!!! Hope that you'll like this chapter hahahaha xD 

(My limited range of vocab has been annoying me recently) (Like big time) (All three fics that I updated today included wrist grabbing oh someone save my english hahahaha dang)

And as usual, thank you for all the lovely subscribes and comments!

For now, I hope to update at least once per month, and updates might be a little not so frequent as before, but I'll try not to keep you waiting for too long! 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe!

Thank you!!

<3