Chapter 16

Peach

'Jinyoung oppa?'

His face bore no expression as he looked at you, but you could feel the slight tremble in his grip.

'Are you-'

'Hyewon you should get prepared- Oh, Jinyoung oppa you're here too!' Nari burst into the room with your bouquet, and he immediately let go of your wrist.

'I'll get going first then.'

Nari looked at the closed door weirdly before turning back to you. 'What are you doing still standing there like a statue? This isn't something that you can be late for my dear-'

'Jinyoung oppa is acting strange.'

'Him? Sure he is. His bestest friend is getting married, of course he would be affected by it.' She said mindlessly as she checked if your make-up needed any touch ups.

'But-'

'He'll be fine. You can talk to him afterwards can't you?' With slight fixing done to your hair, you were soon bein pulled out of the room. 'Now we're really late. You wouldn't want to keep your dearest Jaebum oppa waiting do you?'

 

 

 

All eyes were on you the moment the doors opened, and you saw him at the end of the aisle. Don't freak out Hyewon. It's okay. And you could feel your father tensing up as he escorted you down, with a few sniffs heard, though you were sure that he tried not to let it show.

As you got nearer to the end of the aisle, your grip on your father's arm tightened. That sudden realization that you wouldn't be having dinner with him at home every night anymore, that you wouldn't hear their naggings 24/7 anymore. 

'Hyewon-ah.' He sighed as he saw tears forming by the edge of your eyes. 

'A-Appa.' 

'Shh. Don't cry. Why are you crying hmm?' He mustered a smile as he engulfed you in a tight hug, before turning to Jaebum.

'Jaebum-ah, take good care of my daughter okay?' And he gave him a hug too, before your hand was held onto by Jaebum.

It was his turn to hear your slight sniffing as he stood next to you, facing the officiant. 

 

'Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate...'

Your mind blocked out whatever was happening as you stare blankly to the front, your body tensing up unconsciously.

It's happening. It's finally happening.

You didn't realize how much the officiant has said, and soon it was time to exchange vows, starting from him.

'I, Im Jaebum,' he started, staring straight into your eyes. 'Take you, Kim Hyewon, to be my lawfully wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward.'

You were definitely not like any ordinary couple. With vows exchanged, a week after he first confessed, when you have yet to say anything. But as the words came out of his mouth, you could not help but to feel fluttery as you stared at the man before you.

'In presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad-'

He froze when he momentarily forgot what came afterwards, and saw you blinking back at him. What was it again? . Now isn't the time Im Jaebum!!

'... And in health-' Laughter could be heard from the audience and he immediately knew that he made a mistake, especially when his soon-to-be bride was giggling before him. Plus Jackson's high pitch squealing could be heard clearly by the side. 

'And in joy,' You whispered softly, squeezing his hands lightly all the while grinning at him.

'A-And in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and to cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.'

When it was your turn, he could not tear his eyes away from you, while you repeated what he said, with your eyes staring at his nose.

It's going to be official, we're getting married. 

But there was something that had been bothering him since a while ago. When he met him outside your waiting room.

 

 

'Jaebum-ssi, please take Hyewon's hand and repeat these words.'

'I give you this ring, as a symbol of our love,' You could hear your heat beating louder and louder as the ceremony continued.

'For today, and tomorrow, and for all the days to come.' Shh calm down. You wouldn't want to screw this up. You mentally screamed at yourself.

'Wear it as a sign of what we have promised on this day,'

'And know that my love is present, even when I am not.'

As you repeated the same words again, you could not help but to doubt what you were saying. If you could actually do everything you promised in front of everyone. Confused, slightly, you knew you had to get things clear as soon as possible, and if your feelings for him were real. But the fact that it was arranged never failed to haunt you, even though he has already confessed his feelings.

 

'Groom, do you take Hyewon to be your wife; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall liv-'

 

'I do.' Laughter was heard again, as his response came a little too quickly, and you caught his ears turning red. Im Jaebum get your act together!! Everyone is watching!

'Bride, do you take Jaebum to be your husband; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?'

'I-I do.'

Here it comes.

'By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Groom, you may kiss your bride.'

Jaebum saw your eyes widening slightly, and could feel your hands tensing up in his before he leaned in slowly.

You were pretty sure that anyone who saw your expression probably thought that you have never kissed in your entire life before. Which wasn't the case, but you weren't mentally prepared at all, with worries clouding up your mind right before that.

On the other hand, it was safe to say that this moment was the reason behind his sudden excitement seconds ago.

You snapped your eyes shut as his face was millimetres away, and felt a slight squeeze of your hands, until he closed the gap, and his lips met yours.

He was wide awake the previous two times, just that he was too timid, afraid of your lack of response such that he acted as though he could not remember a thing, letting it fall to circumstances.

But this time, for the very first time, he felt your soft, sweet lips responding back to him as your hands squeezed onto his too.

The crowd cheered, with especially loud roaring from the groom's side heard, as he reluctantly pulled away, grinning as he spotted a light blush on your cheeks while you stuck your line of sight onto his shoes.

'It's my great honor and privilege to be the first to present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Im Jaebum.'

You flinched when a particular someone's voice pierced through the hall again, this time accompanied by two others, but it was soon replaced with the light chuckling of the person that is now officially your husband.

'His excitement is commendable for someone who isn't the groom.' He whispered, arm wrapped around your waist as you were pulled closer to him.

'Well oppa don't look like you're-' Your eyes grew huge again when he pecked your lips, and you saw his eyes turning into crescent moons.

'I'm trying real hard to contain my excitement right now, trust me.' He didn't have to do that when we're still-

But you were soon interrupted as the music started playing, a cue for you to make your exit, and your hand was hooked around his before you knew it.

'Jaebum oppa I'm going to trip if you don't slow down-' And he immediately halted, right in the middle of the aisle. 'Don't do that either!'

'I'm sorry. Heh.' He chuckled as he continued walking, this time at a more comfortable and sane pace.

But it wasn't long before he started to move a bit too much to the music, and you could hear him switching between humming and chuckling. Which was extremely out of sorts for him to act that way. 

Jaebum saw you eyeing him weirdly when he turned to you, and his grin widened. 'I told you that I'm excited.'

'Why are you-'

'Why wouldn't I be. When you're now my wife? I should be the happiest man on earth.'

You cringed. Too much chumminess. Too much.

 

When you were out of the hall, you did not know what to do, and quickly unhooked your arm from him. Which got a look from him. But fortunately, before he could say anything, Nari soon joined you as they had to exit behind you.

And you were extremely amused when you saw how horrified she was by the over energetic Jackson that she was paired with. He was practically dancing down the aisle behind you.

'Hyewon-ah, what did I do that I was paired up with-'

'He's a nice guy.' You did not allow her to finish off her sentence as you chuckled. 'Really.'

'With tons of excitement.'

'Who's a nice guy. Me?' And you let out a slight yelp when a certain someone's head popped out right next to you. 

'No.'

'Who else will it be? I'm pretty sure there's no nice guys around here. Well one thing for sure, I'm the one who treats you the nicest.'

'Can you guys not do this here-'

'Okay, let's go then. And no one will comment on- Ouch.' Jaebum glared at you slightly when you elbowed his stomach lightly. 'Okie.'

He must have had something wrong this morning. He's acting EXTREMELY out of sorts.

'But Hyewon-ah, we're going to miss our flight if you don't hurry to change.'

Oh. Nearly forgot about that. 'Okay.'

 

 

 

'You're pretty enough already, what am I going to do if you get any prettier?' You jolted when his voice was heard all of sudden as you were by the mirror tidying up your hair. How many times have it been already- 

'I-I'm not done yet-'

'I saw your friend going out.' He watched you as he pulled a nearby chair closer and settled in it.

But the silence was disturbing you. 'I'm almost done oppa, you could have-'

'Not waited outside.' He tugged onto your hand slightly. 'I want to talk to you.'

'Mmhmm?'

'I want you to talk to me.'

'But I have-'

'Tons of stuff to say. You've been staring at me like that for the entire day. Not the judging stare, but the there's something in your mind stare.' He noticed? 'Did something happen?'

'N-No.'

'See. You're doing it again.'

'Doing- what?'

'Look at me.' You saw the slight look of pain in his eyes when he asked the next question. 'Do you hate me that much?'

'N-No.'

'See you're lying again.'

'I'm not! I really don't hate you!' He was still frowning, and you added the next line without realizing it yourself. 'How can I hate you when I like you!'

'That's more like it.' And you wanted to smack the grin off his face right at that moment. 

'Now tell me what happened.'

'Nothing happened. Really!'

'Then why were you looking so out of-'

'I was nervous! And overwhelmed and everything.'

'By what?'

'You know.'

'No I don't.'

'Yes you do!'

'No I don't.'

'Oppa!'

'Well too bad you can't do anything about it now that we're married. Hehe.'

What's with him?

'See see see! You're doing again!'

'I was mentally judging you.'

'Good!- I mean. Good, you're finally saying the truth, but no good as in hey why are you judging your husband already, it's not even day 1 yet.'

Knock knock.

'Hyung, your plane's gonna arrive from its return trip already if you continue chitchatting.' You eyed Youngjae who stood at the door.

'Hahaha. Really funny.' Jaebum mumbled while you eyed Youngjae who stood at the door.

'Hyewon laughed.' And he eyed you before turning back to look at the younger male.

'She laughs at everything. It's not counted.'

'That's true.'

 

 

'It's only Mark oppa and Youngjae?' You asked as you climbed into the backseat while Jaebum followed suit. 

'You can't separate those three. And I don't think hyung would have wanted any one of them to sit with the both you at the back.' Youngjae answered as he looked at you from the passenger seat, while Mark was in charge of driving. 

'But we didn't even say bye to them?'

'We kind of tricked them into running an errand. Or else they would have gotten into the car, even if it means sitting on the roof.' 

'So they don't know that we're leaving already?'

'Mmhmm.'

'Why are you worried so much about three other guys when I'm here?' Your pouty husband asked as he nudged your arm, which earned laughter from the two males in the front. 

'It's just that we could have at least said bye-'

'We can call to say bye later when we reach.'

'That's just evil.'

'Do you want to rest first?' Jaebum asked, changing the topic as he reached for your hand and placed it on his lap. 'You woke up really early-'

'It's ok-'

'Rest.' And it was your turn to pout when he narrowed his eyes at you.

It didn't take long, before your head plopped down onto his shoulder lightly, your hand squeezing onto his unconsciously, and he was soon grinning as he watched you sleeping soundly. 

Until he suddenly remembered that one sentence which Jinyoung said when they met outside your holding room.

'The bet isn't over.'

 


 

[A/N] Whee new chapter!! I'm sorry to keep all of you waiting!!

I kind of rushed this chapter so do pardon any mistakes! (I'll look through them again) 

Thank you for the subscribes and comments :DDD

And I hope that this chapter was okay! Ehehehe XD

Do comment and subscribe! 

Thank you! 

<3

 

(on a side note, really hope that jaebum would get well soon!!)