Chapter 29

Peach

You smiled guiltily at your co-workers as you placed the last items from your desk into the cardboard box on your table.

'If I hear another 'sorry' from you, I'll really chase you out of here immediately.'

'But- You have to let me know once your workload increases okay? I'll be sure to come back to help!' You responded instead, glad that they were all seeing you off with smiles, despite you not being of much help the entire time. 

'Sure. If the director actually allows, I don't see why not.'

You were five months into your pregnancy, and under the commands of your husband and father-in-law, you were forced to stay at home from then onwards. Initially, Jaebum was bent on stopping you from work since the very day he found out, but you managed to win this time with a negotiation of maximum five months of work without overtime. To which he agreed after much pouting and whining. 

You felt extremely bad that you kept missing work, and didn't actually do much since you first came, and now you had to take leave from work indefinitely this time. Hence, you placed in 200% of your effort in your remaining months at work.

'Stop giving us that look. You've already done more than we can ever ask for!'

That, you didn't understand where they came from as you tilted your head and looked at them strangely.

'The director became much more reasonable once he knew you.'

'That's right! We don't get outrageous deadlines anymore.'

'And the director is much more approachable now!' The head of your department added cheerfully.

'So, don't worry, you've done the best thing that only you can do.' 

'If you say so...' You grinned back at them, it hasn't been long, but you were thankful to have such friendly co-workers who were always willing to lend a helping hand. 

'Courier service is here!' A familiar voice rang through the office and you grinned when you turned to see who it was.

'I guess that's good bye for now then!' You gave your co-workers one last wave before following Jinyoung out of the office.

 

 



'Hyung has a little bit more work to finish so he sent for me.' Jinyoung said, before you could ask him why he appeared instead of Jaebum. 

'Don't you have work too?'

'You know nothing beats you in the priority list.' And he chuckled when he saw you frowning at that. 

You immediately shot up everyone's priority list once they heard that you were having a baby, and you weren't quite pleased at yourself for burdening everyone else. 

'Oppa left work early?'

'Nah, I don't have much to do lately. So, is hyung treating you well?' Jinyoung asked, while you opened his car door for him to place down the box, before he urged you into the car. 

'Don't get me started on that, I really think I'm getting overly pampered.'

'Right, both of your parents too right? I can't imagine how pleased halmoni was when she heard it.'

'She was ecstated!! And then she started pouring Jaebum oppa with compliments and how well he did and everything oh gosh I didn't hear the end of it. And now my phone rings every ten minutes with someone asking if I'm craving anything, or if I have eaten. Oh gosh. Mom, dad, father-in-law, mother-in-law, halmoni, Jaebum oppa, you, AND the boys!!'

'Do you want me to ask them to tone down a bit?'

You rolled your eyes as you poked the male next to you. 'Oppa should probably be the one toning it down before asking them to.'

'I'm obliged to worry about you okay. I have more say than anyone of them when it comes to you.'

'Okay okay. Lucky you for being Jaebum oppa's and my bestest friend.' 

'What about the name? Have you decided on the name yet?'

'I don't even know what to say about it. I've never seen such a long list in my entire life before.'


 




[19:02] Jackson: Hyewon-ie! Do you want strawberry yoghurt?

[19:03] Bambam: Noona, how about sweet potatoes?

[19:03] Yugyeom: I HAVE A LOT OF VEGETABLES! DO YOU WANT BROCOLLI OR LETTUCE?


'Oh gosh they're at it again.' You groaned as your phone started buzzing non-stop at the burst of incoming messages, while Jaebum took it from your hands and switched it off. 

'You're supposed to pay attention to me right now, stop looking at your phone.' He pouted as he tugged onto your hair lightly as you leaned on him comfortably on the couch after having dinner together. 

'Can you even imagine how it'll be like when the baby is born?'

'I think we'll have many more babies instantly.'

You giggled as you poked at Jaebum's nose gently. 'Including this one. Oppa, I feel like I've gotten so many parent-in-laws all of a sudden.'

'Well, you've got to thank me for that.'

'But how are we supposed to finish all the food that everyone keep bombarding us with?' 


'On the bright side, we managed to save a lot on groceries.'

'Oppa! That's not the main point, we can't finish all of it!' 

The boys and your parents have been sending food over every other day, be it in person, or through delivery. They would first ask you if you needed anything, but when you kindly declined, more still appeared in your house nonetheless. 

'We can bring it over to our parents place?'

'You know pretty well we'll only get sent home with even more food.'

'Maybe we can set up a stall?' Jaebum laughed his comment off when he saw that you glared at him for coming up with such an unfeasible suggestion.

'How about you give them to my colleagues? Then you can increase your sociability.' 

'What do you mean by that?'

'Nothing in particular.' You grinned, already imagining the look on their faces if Jaebum were to appear at your department with cartons of fruits and vegetables.

'Yah, don't tease me. Quick, tell me.' You felt his breathe getting closer to your neck as you started giggling and shifting away from him, but to no avail. 

'Not gonna~' 


 





'Hyeri!!!'

'Hyeri isn't the only one living here, can you all show some respect to your hyung?'

'Our little princess!!!' 

Everyone simply rushed past Jaebum without acknowledging him, to his utter horror.

On the other hand, you actually have five grown males charging towards you, slightly alarming you. But not your daughter, who was happily giggling away.

But her giggles slowly subsided as she realised that someone was missing.

'Can you quieten down, I can hear all of you from outside.'

'Godfather!' Your two year old chirped in your arms immediately as she stretched out her arm excitedly, disregarding those who were right before her and trying to fight for her attention.

'Hyeri, mummy told you not to do that when I'm carrying you. You'll end up hitting someone.' You whispered to her gently, to which you got a small cute pout, before she resumed her flailing of arms at Jinyoung. 

'I'm still salty over the fact that Jinyoung gets to be the godfather and not me.'

And everyone turned to roll their eyes at Jackson.

'Isn't it a given that Jinyoung is the godfather?' Mark responded, to which the rest of the guys agreed to, but not Jackson. 

'But it's not a given that all she sees is her lovely godfather.' They watched in envy as Jinyoung carried the little girl in his arms, nudging her small face with his nose, earning giggles from her.

'That's what you get for ignoring me.' Jaebum mumbled which got a chuckle from you as you watched them shipping Hyeri off into the living room. 


 

The boys have been visiting whenever they were free, especially during weekends. And whenever they came, all that was in their minds were 'Hyeri!!!' instead of 'Hyewon!!!' this time. To which Jaebum was happy about. 

And you were glad that your daughter was adapting well with all of them, only that there was a slight problem. 

'Jack-Son. Why can't you remember that?' Jackson pouted as he waved his hands before Hyeri, who turned her attention to the other male next to him.

'Gyeomie samchon.' And the said male did an internal somersault as he quickly had Hyeri in his arms, sticking out his tongue at the older one who refused to give up.

'Hyeri, look at me. Je-Aack. SSen.' He took up a doll lying next to him and shook it before her, hoping that it'll act as a lure, but apparently it didn't work. 'It's simple. Je-AAAck, SSSSen samchon.'

He thought he was finally one step closer to success when Hyeri turned to look at him. But the little girl's eyebrows twitched and her face cringed. With a sniffle or two as she stared at the face before her, she burst into tears, alarming everyone in the room.

'D-Daddy... D-Daddy.'

'Here we go again.' Jaebum said under his breathe, which got a nudge from you as he threw a glare at Jackson. 

'Hyung, why did you make her cry!' 

'I was just telling her my name!' Jackson exclaimed back at Bambam, who was patting her gently, but it wasn't helping. 

'Hyeri-ah-' And the little girl bawled even louder when she sensed Jackson coming closer to her.

In the next moment, she found herself in the air as Jinyoung carried her up, but her arms were still reaching out for someone else. 'Shh it's okay.'

'A-pp-a...' 

'Yes yes I'm here. Shhh, it's okay hmm, he's not a bad guy, sangchum just wants to play with you.' Jaebum cooed as he bobbed his daughter gently in his arms, patting her back lightly. 

It wasn't long before she finally calmed down, pointing her tiny finger at the direction of Jackson. 'Meanie samchon.'

To which everyone burst into laughter. 'Yes, that's meanie samchon.'


 

 



'I feel like having a kid isn't as taxing on our expenses as I expected.' Jaebum whispered into your ear as he had his arms wrapped around your waist from behind as you watched them from the kitchen. 

As usual, Mark, Youngjae and Jinyoung brought along many children books for Hyeri, while the other three brought a bag full of new toys. 

'I saw it coming when we already had an overflowing fridge two months into my pregnancy.' You giggled as you ran your hands lightly over his. 

 



'Bunny!'

'Yes that's a bunny. Now what about this?' Jinyoung asked the little girl in his lap as he pointed to the next page in the picture book in Youngjae's hands.

'Mark samchon.' And they burst into laughter when the picture that Jinyoung was pointing to was that of a deer.

'That's right!' Youngjae exclaimed, to which the little girl clapped happily hearing that she got it correct. 

While Mark snatched the book away and corrected him. 'It's a deer, Hyeri-ah. Mark samchon doesn't look like that-'

'Hyeri don't you want to play this?' Bambam immediately shoved his way through his hyungs as he plopped himself down right in front of Jinyoung as he took up a toy stethoscope and placed it on Yugyeom's chest.

'Badump badump.' Yugyeom added as he heaved his chest up and down, to which gained her interest as she was soon crawling out of Jinyoung's lap. 

'And we score!' Bambam whispered to the 'books clan' as they now had you playing with the toys that they got for you. 

 



'Jaebum oppa, who's going to clean up today?'


'It'll be fine.' He answered as he watched the cushions that were already lying all over the place. 

'No it wouldn't- Our house always gets into a mess when they come over-'

And you were immediately silenced when you saw him leaning into you, grinning foolishly when he touched the tip of your nose with his.

Until.

'Hyeri don't look! Your daddy and mummy are kissing!'

Jackson quickly had his hands over Hyeri's eyes while your daughter's giggles filled the room. 

'No we aren't!' You frantically replied, but Hyeri's response took the both of you aback instead. 

'It's okay, mummy and daddy does that all the time.'

'Aren't our little princess a smart one.' Jaebum grinned as he scooped his daughter up in his arms and gave her a peck on the cheek.


 




'I'm going to kill that Wang Jackson.' You heard your husband groan and hurriedly head out of your room with Hyeri holding tightly onto your hand, only to find a huge carton by the door. 

'Why? Is there something wrong?'

You tooked the card from Jaebum, 'Happy Wedding Anniversary Jaebum hyung and Hyewonie! Hope you like the gift!' - Meanie Samchon 

'Aww that's so sweet of him-' And your mouth hung open when Jaebum lifted the flap of the carton to reveal dozens of peaches lined neatly in it. 


'Peach!' However, you daughter cheerfully exclaimed, not knowing the troubles going through the both of your minds at that moment. 

'I swear they find it funny that we don't know how to deal with the never ending flow of food in our house.' Jaebum mumbled as he sat down on the floor in despair, while you turned to your daughter who was grinning happily. 

'Yes it's peaches, and a whole lot of them.' 


'Daddy's favourite!' Your daughter added, which got Jaebum's attention. At least one of us is still optimistic about this situation. 

'How did you know that?' He asked, smoothing out her hair with his fingers. 

'Daddy always hug mummy.' Your daughter wrapped her tiny arms around your neck. 'Mm, peach!'

Which caused the both of you to burst into laughter.

'Oh dear, what do we do with such a smart daughter like you.'

'Give chocolates!' She chirped.

Jaebum shook his head as he chuckled. 'I wonder who she got her intelligence from.'

'What do you mean? Of course it's from me!' You added, feigning shock. 

And your daughter nodded excitedly, getting a teasing tickle from her dad. There never was a day where the house wasn't filled with laughters from the three of you.

 

- End -

 


 

[A/N] And we're done!

If you've read it all the way here from Chapter 1, thank you so so so much!! And thank you for staying with me the entire time through this fic and withstanding my horrible grammar and sentence structure and weird crap all these while! I really hope that you didn't regret reading this, and that you've enjoyed the fic despite all its flaws. 

Thank you for your subscribes, comments, upvotes, and for simply giving my fic a chance! <3 It means a lot to me ^^ Thank you for being so kind, and especially those who commented on nearly every single chapter of Peach (you know who you are!!), and all your comments have been very motivating and lovely! I wouldn't have been able to make it this far without all of you!

And once again, thank you, every single one of you <3

- littleshrubby

 

OH RIGHT. BTW THE GIVEAWAY WILL END ONE WEEK FROM NOW, which is 13 March 2017, 2359 SGT

--> link for the giveaway is here!

--> and more information about the giveaway can be found here!

Do join the mini giveaway!! 

Thank you! <3