Chapter 10

Peach

'What is hyung doing here?' Jinyoung asked back, not making any moves to get off the bed. 

'I asked you first.' 

'Hyung do know that this is what we do before you even came along right? That's how close we are.' 

And that smug look on his face with the tone he used set off a fuse in Jaebum. He clenched his fists as he glared back at Jinyoung. 

But before he could say anything else, he heard someone behind him. 'Jaebum oppa?' But didn't he say that he was'nt- 

Which immediately helped in calming his nerves down. 

'Yeah?' W-What is he doing here? He grinned as he looked at you, staring blankly back at him with your mouth opened slightly, but nothing came out. And when he noticed that you did not change out of his clothes, it made him even happier. 'You invited me to dinner just hours ago, didn't you?' 

'Y-Yes I did-' 

'Hyewon-ah! Dinner's ready!' You heard your mother shouting from downstairs and flinched slightly from the shock, which got Jaebum chuckling softly. 

'Let's go have dinner then?' He grabbed onto your hand and pulled you towards the stairs, disregarding the other male who was still staring at the both of you. 

She invited him over for dinner? Won did it? But he was certain that you were confused by the situation when he saw your expression. And who does he think he is to just hold her hand like that?! 

 

'You could have told me earlier that they were coming, I would have prepared more food.' Your mom nagged at you as you helped with setting up the table. 

I can't even see the table top anymore and she says 'would have prepared more food'. Eesh.

As Jinyoung was about to step forward to help, Jaebum quickly went to your side as he took the cutleries from you. 'It's okay mother, these is already more than enough.' 

'And I didn't know that they were coming mom.' But all you got as a response was her laughing at you as she pushed you to sit down. 

'You kids eat first, I'll wait for your dad to come back.' 

'Where's halmoni?' 

'She's having dinner with her friends.' With that, you mother gave the three of you a slight nod and disappeared into her room. 

 

It was silent as you ate, but that wasn't the thing which was bothering you. Aren't they good friends? Then shouldn't they have tons of things to talk about? And is it just me or are they glaring at each other? 

It wasn't just you, as they were indeed glaring at each other, after catching one another stealing glances at you, which you did not notice. 

'Did the both of you oppas fight?' You asked as you looked at them, and you saw how their hands froze slightly. 

'F-Fight?' Jinyoung coughed, you blinking back at him. 

'We didn't fight. Don't worry.' Jaebum smiled as he ruffled your hair slightly, while Jinyoung was glaring at Jaebum again. Is he trying to act as the good guy huh? 

'But-' 

'The food's nice.' Jaebum interrupted as he stuffed a spoonful of rice into your mouth. Did hyung just use his own spoon? 

Your eyes widened slightly as you chewed it, Jaebum has been overly chummy and friendly with you since that morning, and you were starting to feel uncomfortable. Since you didn't know why he was acting that way. 

'Won-' Jinyoung was about to ask you when you would be free, but was interrupted by your sneezing instead. 'Won-ie are you sick?' 

'I don't think so...' You mumbled as you took a piece of tissue from him.

'How did hyung pass it to you?' 

'Oppa didn-' 

'Maybe it was the porridge.' You turned to him, who remained a straight face. What porridge? 'Did we use the same spoon?' 

'Hyung just did, half a minute ago.' Not that but- I'm certain I didn't use the same one as him yesterday- Does he really not know that he kissed me? 

'Oh. Maybe that's it then.' But Jinyoung knew that it wasn't because of just that one spoon. Especially when he noticed how you were sneezing now and then when he was in your room. ... And how you would steal glances at Jaebum when he wasn't looking. With your cheeks flushing pink occasionally. 

'Oppa you could have been more careful!' He ignored you as he continued eating. 

'YOU could have been more careful.' 

'I can't fall sick. I have to go to work tomorrow.' 

'No you don't.' 

'Huh? Why not?' 

'Father told me that you don't have to come in until after the wedding, since you'll only work for about a week until he gives you a week off before the wedding.' He said mindlessly as he ate. 

'What?' 

'That means you'll only start work until after the wedding.' 

'Why?' 

'Isn't that a good thing?' Jinyoung was smiling as he looked at your reaction to Jaebum. He knew you clearly. And that you get ticked off by people who don't answer your questions directly, especially when it's related to work. Those who loses their temper easily. And those who drinks and lashes out. 

 

 

 

'Are you not going home yet? Don't you have to wake up early tomorrow?' You asked, after trying to stop him from helping to wash the dishes for the umpteenth time. 

Jaebum turned to Jinyoung, even though he somewhat knew that your questions were directed at himself. 'Jinyoung you can go back first, I have some things to talk to her about.' He isn't even asking me politely. He's simply ordering me. 

You snapped your head towards him. What does he want to talk about? Did I do something again? 

'Why don't hyung go back first? I have things to talk about with Won-ie too.' 

Both males glared at each other before turning to you. 

'Erm, Jaebum oppa I'll see you then?' You said softly, and his eyes widened while he stared at you. What did she just-? 

'What about Jinyoung?' It didn't need much effort to notice the difference in his tone. And he was trying hard to keep his expressions in control. 

'Jinyoung oppa needs to help me-'

'He's busy. We'll go first.' And you found Jaebum dragging him out of your house as the door slammed shut before you. 

 

 

'What's wrong with you hyung?' 

'Stay away from her.' 

'Why am I supposed to do that? I fell for her first. I knew her way before you did.' That's what's annoying the hell out of me. 'You don't have any right to ask me to stay away from her.' 

'She's marrying me.' 

'Not if I win the bet.' 

'I'm going to win.' 

'Oh really? Continue thinking that way then. Especially when she's avoiding you after you kissed her first. Jaebum. Hyung.' 

She actually told him that? And that she's avoiding me? 

/ I was right afterall. He did kiss her. That. Bastard. ... But she's not actually falling for him, right? 

 

 

 

Since you were told about not having to work the next day, you did not bother to turn in early. It wasn't as if you were tired either. You were simply too occupied with your thoughts. 

Of Jaebum. 

From the kiss, then the hugs. And him appearing out of nowhere. 

And not to forget how he seemed extremely angry when he left. 

It took you quite a while until you realized that your phone has been ringing non-stop, and you quickly reached out for it, barely glancing at the Caller ID. Jaebum oppa? Why is he calling this late? 

'Hello?' 

'Hyewon?' That isn't Jaebum oppa- 'It's me, Mark.' 

'O-Oh hello Mark oppa. Is there anything that I can help you with?' 

'Yeah. There is.' Okay... I wasn't expecting him to really answer that. 'Jaebum-’ 

'H-Hyunggg...'

'Shhh, okay shh.' You heard muffling on the receiver, and then he was talking to you again. 'Sorry about that, Jaebum needs help. Can you stay with him for me?' 

 

 

 

'She calls everyone oppa but not me!' Jaebum exclaimed as he downed another cup. 

'Can you get a grip on yourself? Stop it Im Jaebum.' Mark yelled as he took the bottle away from his hands. 

It was already midnight, and he was there yelling and drinking. Not to forget, bruised. 

'She wears all those short dresses and she doesn't even notice how others stare at her!' I'm pretty sure they're knee-length, and that I've seen most others with even shorter clothings. 

'You would want to tone it down before she-' 

'I just like her- Is that a sin? Why couldn't you have let us meet under normal circumstances? Then we wouldn't be like this now.'

'I can't even tell her that I like her when I actually do! And that stupid jerk is trying to take her away. Who does he think he is? Huh?!' Mark quickly grabbed onto the cup which nearly landed hard onto the counter. He slumped onto the counter, his face buried in his arms as he mumbled, softer this time. 'I actually like her, hyung. What do I do?' 

'You really need to keep quiet be-' And then he finally noticed you standing not too far away from them. 'Hyewon's here.' 

He has someone he likes? Then- Why is he agreeing to this? 

'Who?' 

'Hyewon. Kim Hyewon. Your soon-to-be wife.' Mark smiled slightly at you as he waved you over, which you returned with a relatively stiff one. 

'Mark o-' What Jaebum said the previous day echoed through your head. 'o-oppa.' This Im Jaebum really. He doesn't actually expect her to go around calling everyone with a -ssi at the back right? But did she hear everything? 

He shook his head disapprovingly at Jaebum who was slouched over the counter, still oblivious to your presence. 'I'm sorry to call you here this late, I don't think the kids will be able to help.' 

'It's okay...' You replied, as you slowly went closer to him. 

'I think he's just stressed out. You don't have to worry to much about it, but can you follow him home? I have to be elsewhere...' 

'Sure, thank you Mark oppa.' 

'I should be the one thanking you for helping. I'm really sorry, he's really drunk.' 

 

 

'Oppa? Jaebum oppa?' You shook his shoulder gently. 

'Go. Away.' He growled. But that wasn't the thing that was disturbing you the most. 

You froze when he lifted his head up. There were bruises on his face, by his lips, eyes, and some still had stains of blood on it. D-Did he get into a fight? 

When he smashed his hand down onto the counter, you flinched, and noticed that there were blood and bruises there too. A-Are those- broken glass? 

'Jae-' 

'It's all your fault! If you just didn't exist I wouldn't be here being hurt-' He yelled, swinging another cup onto the floor. 
 


 

The aftereffects of drinking hit him hard the next day. Even trying to open his eyes was a chore as he groaned.

But when he finally managed to, he wished he didn't. 

Oh my god, I didn't- I did not. I- 

He froze as he looked down at your sleeping figure that he held tightly, closely to him. What on earth did I- And he was struck by a sharp headache again. He heaved a sigh of relief when he realized that the both of you were still fully clothed, but something else caught his attention instead. 

It was hard to miss it, when he finally let go of your wrist. The distinct red mark on your wrist that his iron grip left. I held onto her for the entire night? 

Maybe that's why she's sleeping here- But- Did I do anything else? I didn't. Right? 

He snapped his eyes shut in frustration as the throbbing headache intensified as he thought about it even more.

But it wasn't long before he soon fell back asleep.  

 

The next time he woke up, the space next to him was empty.

And all that was left was a bowl of hangover soup on the dining table. Not even a note was there, and you were gone. 

I did something. That's why she didn't stay. But just what on earth did you do Im Jaebum! 

Phone. Where's my phone. 

As he scrolled through the call log, he found your name at the time where he should be drinking. I was the one who called her? I don't remember doing so though? Heck, I don't remember anything at all! 

Just then, a message came in. 

From: Mark Hyung

     I don't think you're supposed to yell profanities at your love interest two weeks before the big day. And when she is someone else's love interest too. 
     Call me when you're sober. 

Yell profanities? 

'Hyung, what do you mean by that?' 

'By what? The love interest, the big day, someone else... Or the profanities?' Mark could hear a smash on the other end and he knew that he was pushing him. 'But then again, I guess it would be fine if it was the first time right?' But it's not. I already yelled at her when I was sick. Which was just two days ago.  

'Wait. Hyung. You're the one who called her here?' 

'Yeah.' 

'Hyung aren't you supposed to help me?' 

'I am helping.' 

'You're not!' 

'If she stays, even after all these. What does this show?' 

'What if she doesn't stay? She left!' 

'Would you leave if it was you?' 

'Hyung you're not making sense. She left! Without a single note!' 

'I'm not surprised.'

'Hyung.' 

'Yeah?' 

'Did I really yell profanities at her?' 

'You should ask her that yourself.' 

 



 

You quickly slipped on your shoes as you headed towards the door, checking your phone again to make sure that you weren't late. Why would Mark oppa want to bring me out? And he said just the two of us? 

The moment you stepped out of your house, you saw Mark waving to you from his car. 

'Good morning Hyewon.' 

'Uh- Good morning to you too Mark oppa.' You bowed slightly before stepping into the car, which he held open. It's going to be awkwa- 

But the moment you went in, you froze when you saw the person at the steering wheel. 'W-What are you doing here?' 

'I can't believe you actually agreed to hyung so easily when you ignored all my calls.' It's gonna take one whole day to get her to call me oppa this time. 

'It was Jaebum's idea.' Marks shouted before closing the door shut. 'Enjoy your date.' 

W-Wait, he's leaving? This was a trap? 

'Don't y-you have work?' 

'Dad will kill me if I go in looking like this.' 

'Does anyone know?' 

'You. And Mark hyung.' 

Does he always do this when he gets drunk? 

'It's not always. Just sometimes.' Is she not going to ask why? 

/ Is it because of that girl this time? And that he's arranged with me? 

'Are you not going to ask why?' 

'I don't think I want to know.' What does she mean by that?

Jaebum watched you as you stared at the bruises on his face that were still recovering. But as usual, you never met his eyes.

'You have to put ointment for it to recover.'

'I know.' And just when he finally decided to lean in closer to you, he stopped when the next question came out of your mouth. 

'Do you want to postpone the wedding?' 

'W-What why?' 

'Your bruises.' The both of you knew clearly that his wounds wouldn't need two weeks to recover. A week at most. And, it was obvious, even to him, that his bruises weren't the reason why you suggested to postpone the wedding. 

It'll be better right? If he has someone he likes. It'll be better to postpone the wedding, then to tie him down right now. But why am I upset that he has someone that he likes? 

/ Is it because of Jinyoung? Did he do something that's why she said to postpone it? D-Don't tell me that she likes him too? 

 


 

[A/N] I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing right now hahahaha omg forgive me. 

School is starting in 4 days oh damn, college please be nice to me xD Hopefully I'll have time to update this soon! I have yet to even update my other fics emg. It shouldn't be that long till the next update I hope, since I roughly have the plot for the next chapter already. but it might not be great. 

As usual, thank you so much for all the comments and subscribers <3

And have a Happy New Year! May 2016 be a great year ahead ;)

Don't forget to leave more comments and subscribe!!!

Thank you! 

<3